What will become the next Holy Grail Steelbook

Bluprint

Shoeprint
Premium Supporter
Jun 7, 2012
Westside, ATL, GA
This can be impossible to predict but with small print runs and many major Steelbook giants like Play & HMV going down maybe you're holding the next Holy Grail right now. So which one of the recent Steelbooks do you predict being the next Holy Grail's?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    36.9 KB · Views: 254
Last edited by a moderator:
Drive HMV Steelbook a Grail...?

I very much doubt it....

Ok, my copy of Drive HMV shipped today. It cost me $160 for a new/sealed "mint" copy on ebay. I have been wanting it for over a year. I hope it arrive truly mint for that price...

Drive HMV could become a grail because:
•it's a great movie. Career highlight for both director/star!
•90% of collectors would love to own it
•Great design, given there is no interior art, exterior makes up for that.
•if re-released, it doesn't seem likely they will use the exact same artwork
•limited edition

If anyone has any reasons that counter my grail theory for Drive HMV I would love to hear them...:scat:

Ok, my copy of Drive HMV shipped today. It cost me $160 for a new/sealed "mint" copy on ebay. I have been wanting it for over a year. I hope it arrive truly mint for that price...

•limited edition

If anyone has any reasons that counter my grail theory for Drive HMV I would love to hear them...:scat:

I cannot really argue any of your points, but paying $160 for it TODAY is pretty ridiculous. You can probably get 10 copies from other members here for half of that and even on ebay I have never seen a copy sell for more than $100, let alone $160.... that being said, it is a great steelbook and will slowly rise in value for sure. It still doesn't make it a "grail" though

Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches

•limited edition

Give it a year or two and it might be worth what you paid for it EEK! a mint sealed one just ended on ebay for £46 :naughty: eBay item number:291060930691

Drive HMV...

:emb: maybe I'm too used to paying over the top prices on ebay & amazon. Idk, I was planning on opening it too so all that $ down the drain seems silly. I'm gunna check out the trades thread before I do that again....thanks guys

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 124
possibly Rush with how quickly that has sold out and it's great design both in and out. Have not got my copy yet but it is on its way and the way people have been talking about it goes to show its very popular. Already on amazon i read its gone up to £29.99 already

Rush is not limited to a certain store or on line retailer. Still available in HMV.
It will sell out, no doubt about that but remember Battle Royale?
That was limited to 4000, one retailer only and indeed that sold out on pre-order alone. It was far more a collectible Steel than Rush but you can now get BR for less than the original rrp.
IMHO Battle Royale is a much under valued Steel.

But what do i know?? Nothing!! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May not be holy grail like Iron Man FS or T2 Japan (Black)but I believe some versions of Marvel movies may be holy grails. They mostly seems not very limited quantity but they always sold out fast and there is always demand for them on the market. Maybe some versions from Asia will be grail like Captain America Taiwan etc. Who knows..

random thought on Jack Reacher UK

It would be doing a lot better in the resale market if the entire run of steels wasnt completely duplicated for quality issues. ie. 500 qty went to 1000 qty.

good movie and nice looking steel tho .... but, too many options of it world-wide with same steel art for it to be a grail.

random thought on Jack Reacher UK

It would be doing a lot better in the resale market if the entire run of steels wasnt completely duplicated for quality issues. ie. 500 qty went to 1000 qty.

good movie and nice looking steel tho .... but, too many options of it world-wide with same steel art for it to be a grail.

Good Movie ? Is it a joke ? :ohno: (For me, it's part of the worst movies of Tom Cruise)

300 Korea (warner wave) :thumbs:

Rush is not limited to a certain store or on line retailer. Still available in HMV.
It will sell out, no doubt about that but remember Battle Royale?
That was limited to 4000, one retailer only and indeed that sold out on pre-order alone. It was far more a collectible Steel than Rush but you can now get BR for less than the original rrp.
IMHO Battle Royale is a much under valued Steel.

But what do i know?? Nothing!! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im with you on battle royale, great film and a quality finish on the steel. Perhaps being foreign language film puts most collectors off. Good thing is that it allowed me to pick it up for cheap :naughty:

Thor 2 BB!!!!!!!

Thor 2 BB will never be a grail because of Thor 2 Korea/Blufans/TW. Thor 2 will still be valuable but think of it more as Thor 1 UK, it won't be as valuable as some of the Asian Thors.

Thor 2 Kimchi Lenticular will be the next grail in my opinion and the numbers prove it. It is already worth 4x what it originally cost and it has only been on sale for a few weeks.

I'm hoping Thor 2 BB just because I have it and I'd like to have actually preordered something without out having to pay a lot after the fact! :hilarious:

Next Holy Grail? :wtf:

King Kong!!!!!!!
kingkongsteelbook.jpg

JK! :hilarious:

Definitely agree about Best Buys THOR Exclusive! :thumbs: I'm FU**ING happy I own one! :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: djprodikis