1. Hello Guest, this site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To read more about how we use them, please visit this page
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) takes effect on May 25th 2018! Read more about how it impacts you
    Dismiss Notice

What's your poison?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nightbreed1984, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Nightbreed1984

Nightbreed1984 UK Reviewer
    Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +364
    I'm curious. What do folks here prefer out of full slip, lenticular and 1/4 slips?

Personally I prefer the full slip. I love how they feel in the hand and they look so cool on the shelf. 1/4 slips are my least favourite, they remind me too much of the standard J-card releases, which I find tacky.

What's your favourite?

2. Apollon

Apollon #TheLaw
    Super Moderator Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +38,789
    Full slips and lentis (if done right).

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Nightbreed1984

Nightbreed1984 UK Reviewer
    Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +364
    Yeah some lentis look tacky. The John Wick lenti from Nova Media was nice.

4. AcIDc0r3

AcIDc0r3 Forum Support Manager
    Super Moderator Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +11,447
    I prefer the Steelbook or FuturePak itself but if it's a special edition with custom slip, I prefer a full slip so it has the entire front and back for more custom artwork. Lenticular slips are OK, it's just 2 images in place of one and are a b*tch to scan in a flatbed scanner. I agree with the thread starter, 1/4 slips are like a regular j-card to me and I just file all those. :coffee:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Paperinukke

Paperinukke Studio Ghibli Ninja
    Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,545
    Steelbook is the most important part, everything else is just extra (that's why I usually stay away from Asian steelbooks, too expensive). I prefer full slips, they can easily be more gorgeous than lenticulars and I think they're more elegant too, but of course I have a few really good lentis in my collection. Asian 1/4 slips are nice, but I couldn't care less about everything else, I just want the steelbook out and then put the slip away.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. EvilMokey91

Ratings:
    +177
    Steelbook's are the main focus of my collection. Love how they look together and make for good conversation starter on the rare occasion that I get some company. However, this summer I started getting into slip boxes (mostly from Asia) and love how they look. Only have the lenticular Tomb Raider slip boxes in hand but have several on order.

I find slip boxes superior to full slips but still don't mind the occasional full slip.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. nefilim

BANNED Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,378
    white win....oh, wait !!!???

:rofl:

• Thanks Thanks x 1