Which additional Disney/Pixar films would you like to add to your Disney/Pixar Steelbook collection?

Which additional Disney/Pixar films would you like to add to your Disney/Pixar Steelbook collection?

• Saludos Amigos

Votes: 40 12.5%
  • The Three Caballeros

Votes: 47 14.6%
  • Make Mine Music

Votes: 33 10.3%
  • Fun & Fancy Free

Votes: 35 10.9%
  • Melody Time

Votes: 35 10.9%
  • The Adventures of Ichabod & Mr. Toad

Votes: 50 15.6%
  • Alice in Wonderland (Johnny Depp)

Votes: 58 18.1%
  • The Sword in the Stone

Votes: 143 44.5%
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

Votes: 72 22.4%
  • The Black Cauldron

Votes: 84 26.2%
  • The Great Mouse Detective

Votes: 106 33.0%
  • Oliver & Company

Votes: 92 28.7%
  • The Rescuers Down Under

Votes: 93 29.0%
  • Fantasia 2000

Votes: 87 27.1%
  • Dinosaur

Votes: 69 21.5%
  • The Emperor's New Groove

Votes: 102 31.8%
  • Atlantis: The Lost Empire

Votes: 104 32.4%
  • Lilo & Stitch

Votes: 153 47.7%
  • Treasure Planet

Votes: 105 32.7%
  • Brother Bear

Votes: 76 23.7%
  • Home on the Range

Votes: 47 14.6%
  • Chicken Little

Votes: 70 21.8%
  • Meet the Robinsons

Votes: 70 21.8%
  • Bolt

Votes: 134 41.7%
  • The Princess and the Frog

Votes: 107 33.3%
  • Winnie the Pooh

Votes: 69 21.5%
  • Big Hero 6

Votes: 137 42.7%
  • Zootopia

Votes: 44 13.7%
  • Ratatouille

Votes: 160 49.8%
  • Wall-E

Votes: 163 50.8%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
disneypixar.jpg

Any 'in stock' Disney /Pixar Collection to date can still be found at Zavvi here

Hello all,

This is a general poll and chat thread where you can vote and share thoughts about additional Disney/Pixar films that you would add to your Disney/Pixar Steelbook collection.

While the poll is not meant to necessarily limit or guarantee what titles are ultimately released (many factors are involved to gain approval), I thought it would be cool to post a new thread to help us all to share our thoughts about titles not yet released via the Zavvi Disney /Pixar Steelbook series. Thanks everyone in our community for the many questions, excitement, and helpful suggestions about Disney/Pixar titles already contributed to the community, as a whole.

So have fun guys and enjoy the Disney/Pixar chat @hidefninja!

To get us started on a list, this was given to us as a base http://www.imdb.com/list/ls003947956/. If Zavvi asks for other title options to be added to the list, we will. Sorry, we can't add every Disney/Pixar movie to the poll.
The Zavvi Disney Collection to date

10847257-1380540119-654718.jpg

The Pixar Collection to date:

Last edited:
I would be good with all of them, honestly;

but AT LEAST:
The Princess and the Frog
and...
Bolt
Meet the Robinsons
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
The Sword in the Stone
Fantasia 2000
Lilo & Stitch
The Emperor's New Groove
The 3 Caballeros

ALSO it's not on the list, but it was a theatrical release: Return to Neverland was actually a decent sequel to the original.

And if they wanted to, they could make a Frozen with a spine that actually fits well in the collection.

I guess if we are voting for Live-action films too, then I'd LOVE the National Treasure Films released individually in Steelbooks.

Perhaps a Touchstone/Buena Vista thread? We could vote for films like Tombstone and Unbreakable...

I'm presuming you mean Sword In The Stone and not Sword And The Stone, unless there was a sequel I'm not aware of

If Alice In Wonderland is the Johnny Depp one, then I'd like Tron: Legacy as we have Tron and also Bedknobs & Broomsticks

As mentioned, I'd like a re-release of Frozen with a title on the spine, only because all the other ones have one. Also, Monsters University being a silver steelbook could've looked a lot better and I don't know why the 3D disc wasn't included as it was a new release

The other ones like Planes and the Toy Story ones which didn't include the 3D, it would've been nice if they had, but I've picked those up separately, along with the Monsters University one

I would be good with all of them, honestly;

but AT LEAST:
The Princess and the Frog
and...
Bolt
Meet the Robinsons
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
The Sword in the Stone
Fantasia 2000
Lilo & Stitch
The Emperor's New Groove
The 3 Caballeros

ALSO it's not on the list, but it was a theatrical release: Return to Neverland was actually a decent sequel to the original.

And if they wanted to, they could make a Frozen with a spine that actually fits well in the collection.
Amen to this- Recently purchased the Blufans edition of Frozen; while it's beautiful, AND has a title on the spine, the front cover stands out from the Zavvi releases in terms of design...

Reactions: gaeljet
Thanks guys! S&S title edited. Since we can't add every single Disney movie to this poll, the IMDB list is a base to vote on these. If Zavvi requests to add other titles to the voting list we will-just need to keep this manageable. We can also always have future polls if needed. Thanks for your continued votes!

Last edited:
Not sure if these count, but they are disney. National treasure 1 & 2, Pete the dragon & dare I say Song of the South. As much as people say it's a racist movie, I still have fond memories of it from being a kid, and at that age wouldn't of associated it with racism. Zipidie Doo dah, zipidie day!
Yes! And it is NOT rascist because Uncle Remus' stories are African stories passed down to him from his ancestors. And it is a Wonderful movie!
song-of-the-south-poster-sized.jpg

I would vote for them all only if my wallet allows, but that's not the reality here; so, I voted for the ones I like most, then the rest can wait until 2016. :D

Reactions: digitalbabe
I don't think we have to worry about Zavvi doing Ratatouille, Wall-E, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.

It's more uncertain whether older titles will get the steelbook treatment. I voted for all the following that I would buy if they get a steelbook edition:
  1. The Sword in the Stone (#18, 1963).
  2. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (#22, 1977 - no UK Blu-ray yet !).
  3. The Black Cauldron (#25, 1985 - no UK Blu-ray yet !).
  4. The Great Mouse Detective (#26, 1986 - No UK Blu-ray yet !).
  5. Oliver & Company (#27, 1988).
  6. The Rescuers Down Under (#29, 1990 - No UK Blu-ray yet !).
  7. The Emperor’s New Groove (#40, 2000).
  8. Atlantis – The Lost Empire (#41, 2001 - No UK Blu-ray yet !).
  9. Lilo & Stitch (#42, 2002).
  10. Treasure Planet (#43, 2002 - No UK Blu-ray yet !).
  11. Brother Bear (#44, 2003).
  12. Meet the Robinsons (#47, 2007).
  13. Bolt (#48, 2008).
  14. The Princess and the Frog (#49, 2009).
I also voted for Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland but frankly I'd prefer Tim Burton's Frankenweenie :) (and much like Winnie the Pooh (2011) and Dinosaur, they're not Disney Classics so it might be tricky to get them to join - but as we've just seen with the recently announced Pirates of the Caribbean series, it doesn't have to belong to that collection). And James & the Giant Peach isn't distributed by Disney in the UK but still, I'd love a steelbook of that one!

Thanks for the poll digitalbabe, and I hope Zavvi is looking at our answers :).

Thanks @digitalbabe for this thread :)

I'd like to possibly see these (in no particular order):

• The Emperor's New Groove
  • Atlantis: The Lost Empire
  • Lilo & Stitch
  • Treasure Planet
  • Brother Bear
  • Home on the Range
  • Chicken Little
  • Meet the Robinsons
  • Bolt
  • The Princess and the Frog
  • Winnie the Pooh
  • Big Hero 6
  • Zootopia
  • Ratatouille

Nice one @digitalbabe :thumbs:

Brother Bear and Lilo & Stitch need a Steelbook release, I've been holding off buying the amarays. Sword in the Stone would've been a top contender, but the transfer is inundated with DNR sadly.

The black cauldron has never had a blu Ray release, so that shot straight to the top of my list! So many others are SO needed though, there were only 4 listed I wouldn't buy! The others I'd be in for - BUT - they need to be:

High gloss

Good artwork (little Mermaid, Pocahontas, fox and the hound, Snow White and beauty and the beast are all examples of great disney zavvi steelbook artwork).

Unfortunately there are some really awful ones too, (hunchback reusing the old Vhs art was a huge mistake, especially when there was the stunning one sheet artwork of Quasimodo in the tower that would have made for a stunning Steelbook).

Reactions: paulboland
I'm a massive fan of Disney Films be it the Animated Classics or Live Action Disney Films and that covers a very wide range of possibilities

I myself would purchase all of the Animated Classics if released as a steelbook and the Live Action that would be selective but still be a lot of them if I was given a choice

Most of the Animated Classics numbered 6-10 have not even seen a Blu ray release so these would be even more amazing for steelbooks if it was possible and I personally would not even have to think twice to order although I could see some struggle to sell but not in my case as I would purchase all of them

For me its very simple I would purchase every numbered classic as a steelbook as a Disney Fan and Film Collector

My vote is all of them its that easy in regards to the numbered Animated Classics

If they need help in deciding any film that has sold well on Blu ray especially or DVD in the past will also do well as a steelbook over time some will sell fast while others will take longer but will sell if previous sales on Blu ray did well they know the answer to this from previous sales history and titles they see lot of requests of not already available on Blu ray they will do very well as they will be first time Blu ray releases

"Good artwork (little Mermaid, Pocahontas, fox and the hound, Snow White and beauty and the beast are all examples of great disney zavvi steelbook artwork)."

that 's a matter of tastes...

I suggest to help sales of any Disney/Pixar release
In regards to Steelbooks
If there was a previous Blu ray release that had bonus extras disc they include this with a steelbook release

If there is also the possibility of including exclusive new bonus extras on top of existing extras would be a massive help and give lot better chance to get extra sales and customers double dipping on a previous Blu ray release and collectors be better if they do this

I give you examples of some disappointment with the previous steelbook releases I purchased but still liked
Snow White missing bonus disc
Beauty and the Beast missing bonus disc
Finding Nemo missing bonus disc
Brave missing bonus disc
Pinocchio missing bonus disc

Any release were all previous extras are included will lead to better chance of be sold out at full price and also is a better for collectors

I chose the sword in the stone, the many adventures of Winnie the Pooh, the great mouse detective, the rescuers down under, the emperors new groove, lilo & stitch, the princess and the frog, Winnie the Pooh, big hero 6, zootopia, ratatouille and wall -e.
I didn't realise that was the depp alice in wonderland and should of selected that too. I would also love to see Petes dragon, bedknobs and broomsticks, return to oz, popeye and song of the South too. I loved those 5 films as a kid especially popeye, return to oz, song of the South and bedknobs. Also oz great and powerful and hopefully once ratatouille and wall e are annonced they announce cars 2 to finish the set. Although I'm not a fan I did buy the first one purley to complete the pixar set plus the HMV steel is crap. Hate printed backs

1. The Sword in the Stone
  2. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
  3. The Great Mouse Detective
  4. Oliver & Company
  5. Lilo & Stitch
  6. The Princess and the Frog
  7. Big Hero 6
  8. Ratatouille
  9. Wall-E
  10. Fantasia 2000

these are the ones i'd buy and hope for.
i actually take the rest too, if they look as nice as the last ones. ;)