• Other

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
I saw this as a topic on another forum, and thought it was a pretty good one.

With recent releases, such as

attachment.php

attachment.php

15420l.jpg

fsdisneyad.jpg

Do you think that Ironpack has closed the quality / look & feel gap with Steelbook?

Before it was a very simple question to answer: the steelbook build quality was easily a notch above the ironpacks.

What are your thoughts?

Reactions: Nightowl
I Andy thanks for asking , I saw also a discussion like this on a board where i am no longer wanted :hilarious::scat:.

My preferences are :
1)Steelbook
2)Ironpack
3)Metalpack (Incl. StarMetal)
4)Metalcases
5)Other special packaging.

I think that the Ironpack is a good alternate to buying a steelbook, if there is no Steelbook for that movie then i would buy the IronPack for it.

Take care
John

I have been very impressed with the quality of Ironpacks. My first one was Avatar, and I did notice that the paint "dinged" very easily, but it appears that they've added a better coating to help reduce this. The packages feel substantial and strong, and though I still love Steelbooks, Ironpacks-with its exceptional art (Disney, Moulin Rouge, etc) is certainly holding its own.

I Andy thanks for asking , I saw also a discussion like this on a board where i am no longer wanted :hilarious::scat:.

My preferences are :
1)Steelbook
2)Ironpack
3)Metalpack (Incl. StarMetal)
4)Metalcases
5)Other special packaging.

I think that the Ironpack is a good alternate to buying a steelbook, if there is no Steelbook for that movie then i would buy the IronPack for it.

Take care
John

That's OK John, we like you here. :D

I'd have to agree with your list - I'm about the same.

I still like the build and quality of SteelBooks better. Where is there an embossed IronPack? It would probably smash the entire case in if they tried it. :p (who knows, maybe there is some in dvd format that Im unaware of.)

Its hard for me to fathom that IronPacks have gotten any better in quality, I think their choices of artwork or the studios they are working with etc. deserve more of the respect then the actual ironpack brand.

They are definitely gaining in popularity though. The spines suck, I mean I like how its metal and all but they technically all dented in on the outside where they connect.

They arent bad, but I will never buy an IronPack over a steel unless the artwork is to die for and one of my favorite movies.

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

ps. we had a thread like this long time ago. :)

I still like the build and quality of SteelBooks better. Where is there an embossed IronPack? It would probably smash the entire case in if they tried it. :p (who knows, maybe there is some in dvd format that Im unaware of.)

Actually, the DTS Demo Ironpack that digitalbabe got has a very nice debossing effect on the blu-ray logo. ;)

I'm not sure about embossing though - I haven't seen one yet, I don't think.

Ive only just starting getting a couple independence day and the ateam and all the toy story ironpacks i am personnally so impressed with them the two that i have opened id and the ateam are amazing nice artwork no logos good build quailty.
I think i may stop collecting steelbooks and start on ironpacks anther thing about steelbooks latley is there looking cheap well the uk versions are not many with inside artwork nowdays and with the steelbooks getting re-released they are not very limited edition any more.
received my first metal pack today ironman 2 and wow that spine is horrible no more for me just ironpacks now.

Re: Ironpack vs. Steelbook

I am still a Steebook guy, but will not pass up an Ironpack or Star Metalpak if I find it appealing. I have a lot of irons as FS is releasing more than ever. But the German release of The Warlords did a lot to damage their reputation. It was absolutely horrendous. The Asian releases are really nice and seem very popular. And Star has a couple of really nicely embossed cases. Mutant Chronicles is fantastic. But their case construction really needs plenty of help. All in all, I prefer either to any plastic case.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk

I find Ironpacks scratch too easily.
I bought Toy Story and on the first day cleaning it because of the stupid glue with my dust free microfiber I scratched it.
I perfer the plastic spine on Steelbooks and in my view just better overall.

Metal Slip cases - much stronger and dont damage as easily.
Steel Book
iron Pack - scatch easy, finich quality poor, cannot disassemble to fix minor dents
Star metal pak - distant last