Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

schrute farms

Adamantium Ninja
Premium Supporter
Apr 23, 2013
DFW, Texas
I recently got the Play.com Prometheus and the India Prometheus steelbooks. The Play.com version has the inside artwork of the Star Map and the Indian version has the Prometheus ship itself, and is the same as the Korean one minus the booklet.

I am going to open one to watch and keep the other sealed, so the question/poll is, which would you open?

Play.com artwork: https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/20822/&highlight=prometheus

India artwork: https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/28744/&highlight=prometheus

IMG_3971_zps4141840b.jpg~original

IMG_3972_zpsa4c0c94c.jpg~original

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm like you ....

I have the Japan and metal box .... I bought the japn to open , and I guess that will be the one I do .... I rarely open Japanese steels tho unless it has no slip that brings monetary vallue in case I want to resell.

as for you .....

The Indian most likely has a smaller print run, thus it will be more rare .... but later on its appeal will be to those prometheus collectors. Where as the UK one albeit a biggger print run will still have more people after it due to the booming UK collecting market and Uk collectors who will want to grab it up.

So kinda hard decision bud, flip a coin. :p

Reactions: schrute farms
Well if steelbook collecting takes off in India then you will have plenty of people to sell it to. But ATM I imagine the UK one would sell quicker.

Well if steelbook collecting takes off in India then you will have plenty of people to sell it to. But ATM I imagine the UK one would sell quicker.

Why would the Indian version have to be sold to an Indian? I'm an American and I own both of these. The Indian version is basically a Korean and Taiwanese release without the slip or booklet. The reason I specified the nationality of the releases in the poll is because they have different inside artwork.

This poll was to see which version was most popular from an artwork perspective, not which would sell for more.

Last edited:
I'm just saying that not everyone is going to be familiar with what has or hasn't been released in India, but if more people start collecting them there, then they will have more releases and become more desirable.

I'm not one to keep steelbooks sealed myself, but each to their own, I do appreciate why other would want to. Keep them both sealed and if you just want to watch the movie grab a cheap previously viewed amaray copy.