Whiplash (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Apr 1, 2013
London
Release: June 1st, 2015
Purchase: Whiplash
Price: £20.99
Notes: Gloss with debossed title
Artwork as selected by Damien Chazelle from the Empire Online competition.

FRONT.JPG

BACK.JPG
steel1.jpg
steel2.jpg
steel3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I interpreted that post incorrectly if that be the case. I did read somewhere, I can't remember where, but PA did say they will not be releasing this :(
Yeah that's what I meant ;) shame PA won't be doing this but hopefully we get something amazing for this film soon (not that I really dislike the Zavvi one).

Very disappointed with the artwork so an easy pass for me.

Maybe one day we will be able to host the competition on HDN ;)

Reactions: harry
What a massive disappointment, choosing this art for such an incredible film, my joint favorite film of last year

Very, very sad to say that I've cancelled my pre order as well and have picked up the standard blu for now and will keep my fingers crossed that The Blu Collection come up with something far better in a few months time (if it's a package of the quality of Inside Llewyn Davis, I'll be very happy)

Were all the other entries this bad? :(

What a massive disappointment, choosing this art for such an incredible film, my joint favorite film of last year

Very, very sad to say that I've cancelled my pre order as well and have picked up the standard blu for now and will keep my fingers crossed that The Blu Collection come up with something far better in a few months time (if it's a package of the quality of Inside Llewyn Davis, I'll be very happy)

Were all the other entries this bad? :(
Nope, some of them would of made an awesome steel. ..

This is just plain disgusting. Would not want to touch this steelbook, let alone voluntarily have it in my collection. Pre-order cancelled.

BTW Is is definitely the final art? As Zavvi has not changed anything on their page and so many cancellations after they've announced the winning artwork. So they MIGHT take a hint and NOT go with this monstrosity?

I'm guessing zavvi doesn't care about all the cancellations. They release so damn many steels, one not selling well probably won't russle their jimmies.

I wish they would Change it though.

No, they wont change the artwork if it was part of a competition. Director picked the art so there'll be nothing Zavvi can really do about it.

It was the same with 'Only God Forgives'. Artwork was chosen via competition, director picked the winner, the majority of people on here slated it, it ended up being heavily reduced.

Thanks for the logical response, as usual with these zavvi threads the haters make the threads unreadable with the same posts over and over.
Does that mean people are not allowed to give there honest opinion on this release then?

The general opinion is that the artwork is terrible, hence the same post's over and over....