Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Gold Anniversary Edition)(Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release: 25th May 2015
Purchase: Zavvi.com
Price: £17.99
Notes: Zavvi's celebrating their second anniversary of steelbook releases!
As part of that celebration, they have created a new edition of Roger Rabbit, the steelbook that started it all.
The front will have "new embossing" not featured on the original, and debossing on the back. More details to come, on sale this Friday!

front.jpg

back.jpg exterior.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Original version looks a lot nicer but as I missed it at the time I'm happy with this. The only thing that's better about it IMO is the removal of the '25th Anniversary' text. Reminds me of a Toblerone

Haters gon' hate, but I really like it

View attachment 164042

Well pleased with how the gold turned out.

I missed the first one and will be very happy to have this in the collection.

@BluSteel2012 - Not actualy pointless, or simply a cash in - it is actually a brand new remaster. I wrote about it before, the info came from The Hut's website.

I ordered this for a friend, he only has about 5 steelbooks but he loves this film and likes my red version so I told him about this and got him one.
I was comparing them and basically the image on the front and back is a slightly different colour which was not a bad thing and the blue around Roger on the back and his eyes are a really shiny metallic colour which I thought was quite cool.
The front looked okay too but the back and front just don't mix well but on their own I thought looked okay.
The best thing about this release tho and the only thing I would change on the red version is the inside art.
It's much smaller on the gold version and the whole of Roger is on the right side. It's not cut off like the red one. Jessica is slightly smaller but it's to fit the whole image in better.
So I thought it wasn't too bad and may even order one purely for the different style of back and better inside art but I prefer the original red version over all

Last edited:
Well pleased with how the gold turned out.

I missed the first one and will be very happy to have this in the collection.

@BluSteel2012 - Not actualy pointless, or simply a cash in - it is actually a brand new remaster. I wrote about it before, the info came from The Hut's website.

Its not a brand new remaster, on zavvis website the 25th anniversary blu Ray amaray says the exact same thing that you posted from the huts website which is also the same thing the gold edition says.

"On Blu-ray for the first time ever, this digitally remastered edition of Who Framed Roger Rabbit practically jumps off the screen with its brilliant picture, rich sound - and dangerous curves"

Reactions: BluSteel2012