Who wants to see "New Release" Mondo SteelBooks in the USA?

Do you want "new release" Mondo Blu-ray SteelBooks in the USA?

• YES

Votes: 298 89.2%
  • NO

Votes: 36 10.8%

• Total voters

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Guys I've seen some art and slips that are literally "out of this world". PA quality. However I hear it's hard to get US studios on board for new releases as they don't know if there is enough interest. So here's your chance to show your interest and just like threads in the past I'll pass this on to my contacts.

For those of you who don't live in the USA just keep in mind that most studios in the USA have studios in other Countries so if successful here the sooner you will see it in your Country.

And of course you can always obtain copies from other HDN members via Group Buys.

mods: I'll move this to Mondo SteelBook section in a day or 2.

Great idea Wreck, after all Mondo is in the USA, Austin, Texas. :happy:

1165e33c3054402a1b5f722779a2172d.jpg

Reactions: j4c0
Do we know the total print runs of the current MondoX titles (non-variants)? Is it like 5K or more? I ask because if they also become available in the US then it would have to double to triple the total amount produced.

Wreck wants us to vote honestly, so I had to vote no. I've just never liked any of the Mondo artwork. I love the idea of the USA getting more steelbook releases, but I would not buy steelbooks with Mondo artwork just because they were Mondo. Sorry.
If I'm honest most of the releases they are likely to choose I'll pass on. I only really double dip on Marvel titles and the odd film in-between. I bought Drive and Dredd and can't play either, Rambo I bought as a gift for family, the rest I passed on.

If the bestbuy logo continues to be on the slip it will also further limit purchases unless it's titles I REALLY want art wise like Sucker Punch.

Anything that has "Mondo" in it can't be bad. I'll say goodbye to all of my money, but no, can't be bad. Just be merciful and don't make (too many ;)) variants, haha.

What about the UK, surely Zavvi could get some copies shipped in somewhere. Probably cost a bit knowing them but if it's Mondo I would

They did Sharknado with Mondo art.......SHARKNADO......I mean that's a slap to the face

WAIT A MINUTE! So far the comments I heard from the "NO" people are simply because they wouldn't buy them because they don't buy Mondo steelbooks. Then why are you in here voting? I don't get it. You will intentionally vote against something people want when it's something you can just avoid? That makes no sense. I thought you guys would have a more solid reason for voting no, such as because you want to feel like youre part of a more exclusive group that has one (which is a greedy NO, but an honest reason at least). I don't buy butterfinger at the store, but if other people want it, cool, I don't vote against them having it just because I can vote :|

Lets be smart, people. "I wouldn't buy them" aint gonna cut it as a reason to vote no, and I say those votes should be stricken from the poll. I wouldn't buy A LOT of the steelbooks we DO get in the USA, doesn't mean I'm against them being available to those who do want them.

WAIT A MINUTE! So far the comments I heard from the "NO" people are simply because they wouldn't buy them because they don't buy Mondo steelbooks. Then why are you in here voting? I don't get it. You will intentionally vote against something people want when it's something you can just avoid? That makes no sense. I thought you guys would have a more solid reason for voting no, such as because you want to feel like youre part of a more exclusive group that has one (which is a greedy NO, but an honest reason at least). I don't buy butterfinger at the store, but if other people want it, cool, I don't vote against them having it just because I can vote :|

Lets be smart, people. "I wouldn't buy them" aint gonna cut it as a reason to vote no, and I say those votes should be stricken from the poll. I wouldn't buy A LOT of the steelbooks we DO get in the USA, doesn't mean I'm against them being available to those who do want them.

Every party needs a pooper. Same thing happens every time, just like with the Scream Factory steelbook poll.