Why do you collect steelbooks?

InAFalsetto

Premium Supporter
Dec 24, 2014
UK
Anybody else cringe when people write comments about how they're so excited or struggling to live over a flippin' steelbook release !?

I mean it's a steelbook for god sakes. I genuinely only collect as I have a boring anti-social life at the minute so have extra cash. NONE of my friends or family are impressed with my collection and I never brag about my steelbooks. I collect in isolation whilst everyone else uses netflix.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 257
I genuinely only collect as I have a boring anti-social life at the minute so have extra cash. NONE of my friends or family are impressed with my collection and I never brag about my steelbooks. I collect in isolation whilst everyone else uses netflix.

I genuinely only collect as I am a movie super freak, and I work all day everyday so I have extra cash for this amazing hobby of ours.

I'm so enthusiastic about this amazing hobby of ours that my family & friends can expect only blu Rays as gifts for birthdays and special occasions. Unfortunately sometimes these gifts are met with lukewarm reception. But I don't care lol

I don't go hang out with friends like I used to, or go out to party on weekends. I only brag about my collection to interested movie buffs otherwise people look at you like you have a third head. Oh and I hate Netflix :)

Anybody else cringe when people write comments about how they're so excited or struggling to live over a flippin' steelbook release !?

I mean it's a steelbook for god sakes. I genuinely only collect as I have a boring anti-social life at the minute so have extra cash. NONE of my friends or family are impressed with my collection and I never brag about my steelbooks. I collect in isolation whilst everyone else uses netflix.

Hey buddy your not alone at HDN, and that's what I love about this site, like minded fans, and being a longtime comic book collector I'm very well acquainted to being in the geek closet. If it was not for this site I would not found out Blufans now I'm hunting for them, nova, film arena etc, this GOTG steelbook looks great and I await it with great enthusiasm as with most steelbooks.

Hey buddy your not alone at HDN, and that's what I love about this site, like minded fans, and being a longtime comic book collector I'm very well acquainted to being in the geek closet. If it was not for this site I would not found out Blufans now I'm hunting for them, nova, film arena etc, this GOTG steelbook looks great and I await it with great enthusiasm as with most steelbooks.

Amen to that brother. There was me thinking there was only the zavvi steels and then the best buy versions, these novamedia and blufans releases are awesome and ive spent a pretty penny aquiring all the lentis from CA:WS novamedia to T:DW kimchi.

bpElBpJ.gif

Is it because of:

- The movie?

- The value?

- The novelty?

- Have extra cash that you don't know what to do with?

Etc...

Feel free to discuss below!

I gave up all my vices two years ago. So, instead of drinking and smoking and eating salty food on my way into an early grave- I indulge my love of cinema! And it works! Even my doctor says he has never seen someone pull-off giving up every vice at once!
Clean Living!! ---> One Steelbook at A Time!!:thumbs::thumbs::D:D
image.jpg

Last edited: