Wind River (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #96) [Czech Republic]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: April 27th, 2018 (pre-order March 15, 2018 at 20:00 CET - holders of collectible numbers will be able to pre-order 3-days in advance)
Purchase link: FilmArena
Price: 899 CZK (E1) - 1099 CZK (E2) - 3199 CZK (Box)
Notes: 1000 copies (E1) - 1000 copies (E2) - 500 copies (Box)
Group buy: Hosted by @carllenc - GB closes March 23, 2018

E1 | E2 | Maniac's Box
E1.jpgE2.jpg
28423340_915498281945031_3232778624109697539_o.jpg
FAC #96 WIND RIVER Edition #1 includes:

- Exclusive WEA single disc SteelBook (glossy and embossed)
- Exclusive FullSlip with an attractive finish
- Blu-ray disc with exclusive label
- Exclusive Lenticular Magnet (Transition Effect)
- Collectible special cards
- Exclusive photobook 32P
- Collectible character cards
- Collector's numbering card and hologram
- Exclusive sticker WIND RIVER E1

Limitation 0 - 1000
Price: 899 CZK
Start of pre-order: March 15, 2018, at 20:00 CET (Still collectible numbers will be able to pre-order in 3-day advance)

FAC #96 WIND RIVER Edition #2 includes:

- Exclusive WEA single disc SteelBook (glossy and embossed)
- Exclusive Lenticular 3D Front FullSlip with an attractive finish
- Blu-ray disc with exclusive label
- Collectible special cards
- Exclusive booklet 36P
- Collectible poster cards
- Collector's numbering card and hologram
- Exclusive sticker WIND RIVER E2

Limitation 0 - 1000
Price: 1099 CZK
Start of pre-order: March 15, 2018 at 20:00 CET (Still collectible numbers will be able to pre-order in 3-day advance)

FAC #96 WIND RIVER Edition #4 MANIACS BOX includes:

- FAC #96 WIND RIVER Edition #1 numbered
- FAC #96 WIND RIVER Edition #2 numbered
- FAC #96 WIND RIVER Edition #3 SteelBook with Jcard numbered.
- SMALL COLLECTIBLE BOX with EXCLUSIVE COLLECTIBLE BADGE of WIND RIVER TRIBAL POLICE CHIEF in COLLECTOR'S CASSETTE.

Limitation 0 - 500
Price: 3199 CZK
Start of pre-order: March 15, 2018, at 20:00 CET (Still collectible numbers will be able to pre-order in 3-day advance)

Collectible badge:
28872962_1740709029379399_3963364677940936704_n.jpg
27067160_1679757208807915_6976302271478816077_n.jpg2.jpg

Old design:
1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm well, I suppose I can share this with you all now, since they've obviously made their mind up about the final design -- but due to the negative feedback they received on their original design, I was contacted by Jan at FilmArena to supply them with my own concept, and here's what I came up with...

View attachment 355476 View attachment 355477

As I'm sure you can tell, I used imagery from the official poster art and had a debossed title and gloss in mind when designing them. Personally I'm very happy with how they turned out, so am a little disappointed to see they won't be used, but hey-ho!

Any feedback/constructive criticism on my concepts would be appreciated by the way. :)
#2 is awesome but I'd take either/or :drool: Excellent work @Noodles :thumbs: Such a shame your concepts can't be brought to life like your Wolf FAC :( Perhaps the future is bright ;) The future is orange Noodles :LOL:

@Noodles freaking awesome concepts :thumbs:

@Noodles awesome artwork. Love it. :thumbs:
I prefer the first one. The white color matches the movie.

Both are great @Noodles but if I had to choose one, I'd slightly prefer the second option over the first.

Love them both mate

But I think I prefer the second one with that colourful winter sky. Although I do love that clean white version

That second one would have been an instant purchase for me if they’d used that. That’s fantastic looking!

I completely agree :thumbs:
And the title on the white spine looks much better. Awesome!

I like the second concept.

Both look awesome, but I like slightly more the first concept

2nd! And at least they took the same font you have used for the title. :)

2nd one is fantastic

@Noodles why even show us these??? They're so much better and now I'm just left feeling depressed that they won't be used...

@Noodles did you presented your Superb Artwork to film arena Collection facebook page in case they actually pick up your art ?

You artwork is Absolutely Superb ! Please post so they can see :notworthy:

View attachment 355506

He stated that he was contacted by Jan from FA to present a mock-up, but they didn't go with it. I have no idea why, considering Noodle's concept is infinitely better!

Great work, @Noodles Especially the second version is breathtakingly beautiful :drool:

Great Concept @Noodles - No. 1 for the Steelbook and No. 2 for the Lenti :)

It's just terrible how these company policies destroy really good Steelbook Art for us buyer.

Much better @Noodles concept than this colorful crap they chose :facepalm:

Feeling totally matches the film, really amazing @Noodles love both concepts

#2 is awesome but I'd take either/or :drool: Excellent work @Noodles :thumbs: Such a shame your concepts can't be brought to life like your Wolf FAC :( Perhaps the future is bright ;) The future is orange Noodles :LOL:

I was just thinking that myself, looks like his face has been put through a dodgy ageing app or something.

And the lighting looks wrong with the left of Elizabeth Olsens face and hat quite bright but Renners not face and jacket darker.

Both of @Noodles concepts are much better than what they are using.

Thank you all very much for the kind words. It genuinely means a lot! :happy:

As Noodles design is made up from cropping an official poster I suspect that's why they can't use it, probably some boring infringement violation or some such annoyance (n)
Nope, not the case here... FA provided me with stills/imagery I was allowed to use, the PSD for the official poster (which is all I used) being one of them.

Nope, not the case here... FA provided me with stills/imagery I was allowed to use, the PSD for the official poster (which is all I used) being one of them.

But did they intend on you using the poster in its entirety rather than just cropping the best bits out? If you had Carte Blanche to do what you want with the images provided then yes it's a bit stupid to ask for your help, you give them something that's better than what they had but still not use it :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Hmm well, I suppose I can share this with you all now, since they've obviously made their mind up about the final design -- but due to the negative feedback they received on their original design, I was contacted by Jan at FilmArena to supply them with my own concept, and here's what I came up with...

View attachment 355476 View attachment 355477

As I'm sure you can tell, I used imagery from the official poster art and had a debossed title and gloss in mind when designing them. Personally I'm very happy with how they turned out, so am a little disappointed to see they won't be used, but hey-ho!

Any feedback/constructive criticism on my concepts would be appreciated by the way. :)
As usual, your art capture the essence of the less is more. Clean, elegant and equilibrated. Needless to say, they missed an opportunity not using it.

Reactions: Noodles
Not sure if mentioned already but in terms of editions

E1 Full Slip + Lenticular Magnet
E2 Lenticular Slip
E3 XL Slip
E4 Maniacs Box

As per the norm

• Helpful Post
Reactions: fishcp2
Not sure if mentioned already but in terms of editions

E1 Full Slip + Lenticular Magnet
E2 Lenticular Slip
E3 XL Slip
E4 Maniacs Box

As per the norm
As much as I love Wind River, I can't believe this is getting 3 different versions + a Maniacs Box.

• Thanks
Reactions: Radagast
Can't believe FA didn't pick up the second concept by @Noodles, it's a clear winner! Amazing work! :thumbs:

Would buy the second mock up in a heartbeat, @Noodles. Far and away the best steel art I’ve seen for this title.

I’ve been trying to convince myself that I like one of the other steels slated for release, but I think your art has ruined the rest for me. :LOL:

As usual, your art capture the essence of the less is more. Clean, elegant and equilibrated. Needless to say, they missed an opportunity not using it.

giphy.gif
@Noodles
Your design is great, it’s a shame it wasn’t used but that Jan consulted you is great as I think a lot of us would be over the moon if we saw more of your designs, your a talented guy.
Thanks all! Much appreciated. :)

P.S. Sorry. :p

But did they intend on you using the poster in its entirety rather than just cropping the best bits out? If you had Carte Blanche to do what you want with the images provided then yes it's a bit stupid to ask for your help, you give them something that's better than what they had but still not use it :rolleyes:
Honestly, I have no idea mate... they haven't let me know why my concepts weren't used. Last I heard Jan was going to show them to his colleagues and report back to me, but I guess they preferred their updated version in the end *shrugs*

Dang, that mockup art @Noodles did would have looked good as a steelbook but maybe they wanted to use it as artwork fora very nicely textured full slip, maybe.....please :whistle:

@Noodles
love your mock ups. Literally said damn while looking over them. A shame it won't be seen
Thank you both! I really appreciate the kind words. :)

P.S. There may still be some hope yet. ;)