All Week [WINNER ANNOUNCED] Retailer-Sponsored Giveaway - RAVEN BANNER RELEASING - Blu-ray bundle

Status
Not open for further replies.

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
THIS NINJA WEEK GIVEAWAY HAS BEEN DONATED BY…
RB Vimeo.gif

HOST:
Yours truly

DURATION:
Ninja Week - Feb 22nd to Feb 28th

WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
All registered members located within North America, regardless of post count.

THE PRIZE:
The Raven Banner ‘Take Me to Valhalla’ Package — an amazing Blu-ray bundle which includes the TURBO KID SteelBook plus DEATHGASM and WACKEN: LOUDER THAN HELL.
Turbo Kid.jpg
A1wuZ-22G1L._SL1500_.jpg
Wacken.jpg

HOW TO WIN:
TURBO KID is an awesome throwback to the over-the-top action films of the 1980s. If you could create a retro ‘80s film, what would your story be about? Reply below with your answer (we don’t expect anything novel-sized, but please put some effort into this — thank you)!

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
One post/entry per person. The winner will be drawn randomly and must be located within North America. Shipping fees will be covered by Raven Banner as they will be shipping directly to the winner from their own warehouse.

Only enter this giveaway if you’re keeping this item for yourself. It has been generously donated to the HDN community, so please do not enter if you’re a reseller! or Pay-It-Forward = If you win but already own something from this bundle, pay that item forward by putting it back up on HDN as a free giveaway item. :thumbs:

Good luck, everyone!​

Click here to support Hi-Def Ninja. Click here to visit the Raven Banner website!

Stay tuned for updates throughout the Ninja Week 2016 and all year round:

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube
ENTRANTS
1. runk0002
2. C.C. 95
3. jericho
4. Wreck
5. rj531
6. JCC
7. AlienKing
8. TheStixter
9. SteelbookEmporium

Attachments

• Raven Banner.jpg
    Raven Banner.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 329
  • Raven.jpg
    Raven.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 1,113
Last edited:
Thanks for the great giveaway.

To me the 80's is iconic for a number of reasons. One thing that really reminds me of the 80's is neon lights. My idea would be set in a world of darkness where one man controls the neon. A hero who wanders the land, decides to rise up and take the light so that he can share it with the world. Full of awesome synth music and great action, it sounds like a slam dunk to me ;)

Reactions: tridon
80's movie would be about 2 groups of kids from 2 different POV. On a side, THe coolest kids who got the girls and all the "fame". On the other, the unpopular kids. Then something terrible happen, like end of the world, or disaster... The 2 groups end up together and must work together to survive and put an end of this. There is a lot of this kind, but i want to see it from a 80's scenario

My 80s throwback would include a score by Harold Faltermeyer and Georgio Moroder with songs from Mr. Mister, Roxette, Missing Persons, and the Thompson Twins. The story would be in the vein of the Mitch Gaylord classic American Anthem. -
image.jpeg
Jack Tenn- a former Olympic athlete/Spy is trapped in Russia while trying to free Eric Snowden. As wind of his activities reach the KGB, Jack finds himself on the run and trapped in a small town. Little does he know that the very town he must escape from is on the outskirts of Moscow. The town called Perfekt. The very town where the old equipment from the 1980 Moscow Olympic games was put out to pasture. As waves of Killers try to take his life- he has the upper hand as Pommel Horses, Uneven Parellel Bars, Vaults, Balance Beams, and Still Rings that litter the town become HIS weapons and HIS battle ground..where HE clearly has the upper hand! (At least 3 montage sequences)
He finds an ally in the town in the old leatherworks shop owner- who it turns out, once trained the greatest Russian gymnasts of the past, until he was deemed a dissident- and forced to retire and hide his identity.
Together they will find a routine that will foil the killers...If he can keep him focused, and not distracted by his nubile young granddaughter who finds the American fascinating...and attractive.
Will freedom win out? Will love? Will he score the PERFECT TEN?

Last edited:
I've been eyeing Turbo Kid for a while. Hope I can win that

As for an 80s remake movie, I'd like to see a John Hughes film. There was one rumored to be in the works. Basically about a guy driving across the country on the way to his wedding. He picks up a girl hitchhiking and they wind up stranded in a motel room in the middle of nowhere. Beyond the general moral dilemma, they talk all night about every single thing that’s important to anyone coming of age. So typical John Hughes...

'80s movie about an awkward teenage boy who finds out he is an alien. Hijinks ensure at his high school as he learns how to use his new gifts. He gets the smart, also awkward girl, and shows everyone how awesome life is. Tears for Fears produces the soundtrack of course.

@JCC Sounds a bit too similar to my life story. Do I know you? ;)

OT: It would be about a teenage boy or girl (about 15 yo). They are clumsy and cant do anything right. Which leads to people getting hurt or messing things up usually. They accidently get cursed with immortality. In order to remove this curse, they have to find "God". But everywhere they go either random people end up getting gruesome deaths or they get killed over and over again in the most "over-the-top" way possible. :thumbs:

I would do an 80's movie about a kid who got caught up with the wrong group of friends, gets brutally shot and handicapped from the waist down, he struggles through the trials and tribulations of being in a wheelchair, but he joins his school's basketball team, becomes a star, get's all the ladies, and eventually goes on to become a successful rapper by name of Wheelchair Drake. I'd call the movie "Rapper's Delight". :headphone:

Bump up! If you live in North America, I highly recommend entering! The Turbo Kid SteelBook is awesome and Deathgasm has been ending up #1 on Top 2015 Horror Flicks lists everywhere!

Any north American Ninja want to enter a story for me?? :p

Would love a chance of winning this prize :(

Maybe they should just ship it to HDN and they could distribute? :p

I would like to do a retro story of someone in the future with modern fighting skills sent back in time to another decade...say the 40's or 50's and how he has to try and fit in and how everyone thinks he is weird because they arent familar with his fighting technique and slang terms. something with a lot of good action and humor. I haven't seen Turbo Kid but it looks cool!

Entrants #1 to #9 (see OP) were entered into the random generator over at Random.org. I'm proud to announce the winner...

RB winner.png

Congratulations to @runk0002!

Please PM me your shipping details so I can forward it to the shipper!

I would like to thank all of you for participating in this giveaway and a HUGE thanks once again to Michael and Andrew at Raven Banner Releasing for giving the HDN community the opportunity to win this amazing item!

Status
Not open for further replies.