[Winner chosen]Digitalbabe's The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas SteelBook Ninja Week 2017 Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash333

s'Mod
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Mar 3, 2011
Seattle, WA, USA
Winner: @Chee_Kno via random.org

Hello members and welcome to another Ninja Week 2017 giveaway!

Prize:
The UK SteelBook edition of The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas

boy-striped-jpg.294180

Donated by:
Digitalbabe

Eligibility:
Open to all members.

Duration:
All week

What do I have to do for a chance to win:
In a post, share a World War II movie that greatly moved you emotionally.

The winner will be picked by random.org on Sunday 26th February.

Terms:
Only one post per person. Winner will be contacted by me for shipping information and shipping cost will be paid by the winner. For packages under 2 lbs (about 3 SteelBooks) shipping cost to most international locations is $22.50.

Good luck!

Attachments

• Boy Striped.jpg
    Boy Striped.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 456
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the giveaway.
I the THE BIG RED ONE had a big impact on me. The idea of killing a soldier only to find out the war had ended hours earlier is chilling and thought provoking.

Thanks for the giveaway! Just recently watched Hacksaw Ridge which really hit me emotially. Ive seen a lot of WWII movies and this one hit me the closest. My grandfather fought in WWII against the japanese and he would never talk about it at all. After seeing a depiction of what happened there I can't even imagine how he felt being there and being one of the lucky ones to make it out.

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
the pianist & schindlers list and Hacksaw Ridge. Don't count me in on this one :thumbs:

Thanks for the giveaway :) A WWII-Movie that moved me big time was The Pianist. There are several others as well, but that one stands out.

I consider it a long movie, but Band of Brothers was a great show. To see what those men went through from training all the way through the campaign and seeing how they fared was unbelievable.

great giveaway, thanks! :thumbs: Schindler's List stayed with me for a very long time, but like many, all previous answers to this question were blown out of the way by the first half hour of Saving Private Ryan. i thought i might have got an inkling of what those who fought on that day had to go through, and it was terrifying. amazing film. still haven't seen Son of Saul, or Come And See. so many good films to watch - but they might be a bit draining! honorouble mention to the the intensely claustrophobic Das Boot.

Great great giveaway! Such a gorgeous steelbook.

The WW2 film that moved me the most would have to be Das Boot. I first saw it as a young teen. At that point I'd always seen WW2 (and most other conflicts) as completely binary, with one "good" and one "bad" side. Das Boot opened my eyes to the horrors faced by those on both sides, and the many moral conundrums that come with following orders.

Thanks again for the giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.