[WINNERS CHOSEN] 1st Annual 'HDN Tale of Horror' 13-Win 10 Steels from Movies Drunen!

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
HappyHalloween.gif

Prizes-courtesy http://movies-blu-ray.nl

Winners chosen:

Apollon
Scary Hair
Wyatt03
mllny
neveser
jason bourne
xx happy gilmore
pud1804
stevo
ricker

Movies Drunen Halloween Prizes 2013.jpg

I thought we'd start another new tradition at HDN. This forum has always been about the community, and it's ability to work together, and help each other:scat:

But sometimes, things do get a little, ahem, bloody around here-This is our 1st Annual Halloween Tale of horror, where you can be part of the fun by writing parts of the horror story-involving friends on the forum, other members, moderators, and blending humor with horror, while entering to win one of 10 Steelbooks, generously donated by our friend Bert from Movies Drunen.

10 random story contributors (entrants) will win 1 Steelbook each. In order to be eligible you have to write a piece of the actual story to keep it going. All regular forum rules apply as always.

For an extra bit of 'Trick or Treat' fun, just as the ending of a good movie or story is a mystery to the watcher/reader, the title of the Steelbook that each of them will win, will remain a surprise until they receive it!

Our very own member 'Tridon', one of our writers and moderators at hidefninja.com has started us off by writing the introduction to the tale. As this kind of thing is right up his alley given his passion for writing, he seemed like the perfect grim reaper to kick of this horrific new tradition at HDN.

How do you participate?

It's easy! You will not be judged by the quality of your writing-just have fun! You can take part by writing a few sentences or your own chapter of the story. It's meant to allow everyone to cut loose, indulge in the movie characters and films we all love, or make up your own, and win cool prizes doing so. No one will be judged on the quality of their writing-but we hope many of you will dare to become part of the bloody good action and join the fun!

You may wish to let the members you've involved in your own piece of the tale know that they are part of the horror, by sending them a private message, and give them an extra laugh or two. They can then read the story 'so far' and join in with their own frightening contribution, right here in this thread.

The story and contest ends Sunday, November 3,2013

Have fun everyone!:scat:

A note from Tridon:

Writing is a great passion of mine, so I jumped at the opportunity to kick off this fan-fiction event here at HDN.

The next Ninja to take part can go about their entry in any way they choose. It can be shorter, a different format... whichever!

I’ve done my part to give everyone the basis of this collaborated horror story. The setting is in place and so are some of the characters. Am I down for good or will arise? Who’s the mysterious ‘Subject Zero’ that began this phlegm plague? Will DB become Ann Darrow... and will Ricker ever stop streaking?! That’s all up to you!

It’s time to Choose Your Own Adventure... Ninja style! :ninja:

Have fun!

~ Ken (tridon)
HDN Tale of Horror 2013

Chapter One (by Tridon):

Welcome to Ninja Town... Population 17,460.

A small town highlighted by the colors of the local football team's blue and white; where it’s just like that old Cheers theme song -- everyone knows your name. In the middle of the town was the local pub, Wreck’s. A rather run-down joint, Wreck’s was the place to be if you wanted a good time on the weekend or during a holiday where you didn’t want to spend it with the family.

OCTOBER 30TH, 2013: DEVIL’S NIGHT

Tridon flicked the lights off. The dark played games with his mind. Once happy-go-lucky items like light chandeliers and coat hangers now looked like creepy little crawlies amongst the shadows. He always did have an over-active imagination.

The bar was small, but it was kept-up. There was the usual long counter where all the talkative could slum and treat their barkeep like a free psychotherapist. Tridon knew this too well. The rest of the place was littered with beat-up secondhand tables and chairs. It didn’t matter what they looked like; they did the job.

Tridon picked up keys from behind the counter, but became startled when the phone rang a rather sharp, screeching ring right next to him on the wall.

“Hello?” Tridon answered.

“Hello? Really?!”

“Hi, DB,” greeted Tridon.

Digitalbabe -- or DB, as she was better known by -- was a good friend of Tridon and part of a tightly-knit group in Ninja Town called the Hi-Def Mods. Nobody knew what that title meant exactly, but it sounded like it had something to do with televisions. DB always had to deal with the overly-moronic males of the group, but she managed without any problem. She’s was funny, but she was also one of the strong Sigourney Weaver types. Tridon would never mess with her. Thankfully, they respected each other too much, he’d never have to worry about that.

“You better watch it,” DB replied, “the boss won’t like that you’re answering the phones like that.”

“I think Wreck is a little preoccupied with all his groupies at the moment to really care about how I’m answering the phones.”

DB laughed before quickly changing the subject. “Please tell me you’re on your way!”

“Why?” asked Tridon. “The Halloween party no fun without me?”

“Oh, it’s fun,” DB said. “Bloodsnake007 is begging me to be Ann Darrow while he’s dressed like King Kong again, Choi Chungkwon’s drunk as a skunk while literally being dressed up like a skunk, and Jae’s playing Shakespeare. He’s even reciting poems.”

Tridon laughed at the image in his mind.

“It’s just that,” DB continued, “Ricker’s... ugh.”

“He’s streaking again, isn’t he?”

“You know it,” replied DB.

The doorbell chimed as someone entered into the bar. Tridon turned from the wall to look.

“Sorry, we’re closed,” Tridon said rather impatiently. Drunks were always tumbling off the street and into the bar after hours. It was rather irritating for him.

Tridon squinted through darkness for a moment to make out the form and then smiled. “Oh, hey, man! I’ll just be a minute.”

“Hey, DB,” Tridon said into the phone’s receiver. “My ride just got here, so I’ll be to the rescue shortly.”

“Sounds good,” DB chuckled. “I’ll go let Ricker know that you’re on your way.”

“Don’t you dare,” Tridon demanded.

DB laughed. “I’ll see you soon.”

“Sounds good,” replied Tridon. He hung up the phone and turned around.

“So what’re you dressing up as this year, bud?” Tridon asked the figure in the dark. “Let me guess... a giant slipcover? No, you’re going as SteelBook Man again, aren’t you?”

Tridon’s friend said nothing. He just stood there in the dark, his body wobbling back and forth.

Tridon laughed. “Drunk already, eh? I guess I’ll be driving then.”

He walked around the counter and began to approach his friend, but then stopped a few paces away. There was something dripping off of his friend and on to the floor.

“Are you okay, man?” Tridon asked, concern in his voice.

His friend made this awful sound, like something was bellowing up from his throat. Suddenly, he spit and a projectile of a thick brown-colored phlegm shot through the air, hitting Tridon directly in the face.

Disgusted, Tridon began to frantically wipe at his face. He quickly backed away from his friend and headed behind the counter.

“What the hell, man?! What is this?!”

Tridon coughed and blood came out of his mouth. He grabbed at his throat. Everything went red as his eyes turned the darkest shade of scarlet. He reached for the phone, but realized that his fingers were as stiff as boards; a most-likely reaction from trying to wipe the substance off of his face.

The door chimed once again. Tridon turned from the phone and glanced over to see that his friend was gone. He tried to scream, but his vocal cords were blocked. He slammed his fists atop the counter. He opened his mouth in pain and then heard a horrifying sound.

He looked down in fear to see that his teeth were falling out of his now-numb mouth. He tried to pick them up, but his hands were useless to him.

His legs became heavy. He tried to keep his posture, but it was pointless. Tridon collapsed to the ground behind the counter.

Welcome to Ninja Town... Population 17,460.....{param}

--------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so glad I was invited to this party. Thanks so much I am gobsmacked. Congratulations to everyone that took part . Fun reading it fun taking part. Amazing place and people I mean that as well.

First win and I enjoyed doing it even better.

I love a decent mini series make it along the lines of Spartacus and I'm in a load of fit fellas running around with no clothes on right up my street that :thumbs:.

Pud1804 followed my effot with post 53. I dont do funny all the other bits had loads of hummer I was convinced mine was too flat to win.
Love to see it edited together to make a propper rolling story:D.

Reactions: digitalbabe
Hey guys-the contest was always going to have 'random' winners. Your 'contribution' was up to you-so if that was one word, or 500 words, there were no hard and fast guidelines-it was simply a chance for the community to engage in a fun way. Everyone did-lets keep it fun, here:)

Reactions: IRON MAN
Congrats everyone!

I really wanted to try this out, but two times I had an entry typed up only to refresh and see the story had already been continued rendering null my entry in the coherent flow.

If something like this is done again, maybe it could be a Google Doc or something similar in which we can see fairly live updates since it took me about 20 minutes to write each portion.