PS4 WipEout Omega Collection SteelBook

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
C811UTTXsAALAOG.jpg

On twitter SonyXDevEurope said ask your local retailer not the best answer :bag::hilarious: hope Amazon get it :D
I might take their advice and ask about it at my local Tesco... wonder what kind of looks they'd give me. :p

Liking the colours on this one anyway... shame about that bloody massive PS4 logo they insist on adding to the front of their steelbooks though. :sour:

Awesome

HOWEVER

Let me get this straight...they announced Wipeout and PaRappa the Rapper at the same time YET one of them gets a steelbook and the other one doesn't. Seems a bit odd does it not?

Oh and not to be picky but with how colourful Wipeout is the colour choice is a little strange

"LOOK PA...A GREY VIDEO GAME STEELBOOK AGAIN"

I have asked Zavvi and Amazon if they are getting the steelbook, they both said they are unsure and the sites will be updated accordingly if they do.

Interesting though that Game do list it as a pre-order bonus (so you get the amaray and steelbook) but ShopTo have it listed as a separate item

ShopTo have it up for pre-order http://www.shopto.net/video-games/ps4/PS4WI23-wipeout-omega-collection-steelbook-edition £29.86

Game as well - http://www.game.co.uk/en/wipeout-omega-collection-1867801 £29.99

Also the design of the steelbook is to pay a bit homage to the old PSOne games -

original.jpg

I suppose this justifies it a little but it would have been nice to use the 2097 colour scheme on the original Wipeout cover on the left. Combine the two

Some red, yellow and blue would have been nice

Still puzzled this has got a Steelbook yet the PaRappa the Rapper HD game didn't

OH BY THE WAY

The "PS4" Logo on the front STRIKES AGAIN *sigh*

Last edited:
Amazon are sold out of the steelbook. Mine has been dispatched (should get it today or tomorrow), I just hope it arrives ok

Well just got a text from amazon, I guess I am getting it today as it is at the locker ready for collection

So I just got mine, bad news....Its not shrink wrapped or anything so it is covered in surface scratches. It does have a slight glossy finish to it. Amazon also stuck their inventory sticker directly to the steelbook

Last edited:
Does the steelbook come separately, i.e. you get the standard amaray case sealed with the disc and an empty steelbook?
Separately, as amazon sold it separately as well (it is even listed as a separate item when ordered)

Reviews on amazon for the steelbook all say arrived scratched. Amazon refunded me £7.99 (the cost of the steelbook on my order)

Horizon Zero Dawn steelbook had similar issues, being shipped without any shrink wrap

Last edited:
Reactions: Graphic_Delusions
Separately, as amazon sold it separately as well (it is even listed as a separate item when ordered)

Reviews on Amazon for the steelbook all say arrived scratched. Amazon refunded me £7.99 (the cost of the steelbook on my order)

Horizon Zero Dawn steelbook had similar issues, being shipped without any shrink wrap

I got mine from Game and it seems alright.

Yeah they ruined Horizons, couldn't believe it. I mean I got a refund for it but still man, it's a lovely steelbook (despite the PS4 logo ruining something AGAIN) so a refund isn't going to fix the problem at the end of the day...unless they were to refund me the entire thing. Actually to be honest if I got mine from Amazon and it arrived scratched I would probably asked for a full refund since they obviously didn't learn their mistakes.