Withnail and I (Limited Edition Personalized Packaging) (Arrow Video) (Arrow Store Exclusive) [UK]

Jan 25, 2012
Piraeus, Greece
design_1.jpg
Release date: 20/10/2014
Price: £49.99
Link:http://arrowvideo.com/withnailandi/#Top

LIMITED EDITION PERSONALISED PACKAGING. ONLY 250 EACH (or less ) OF FOUR DESIGNS.

***Withnail and I Update - Important pre-order info***
We have reduced our quantity of the limited edition because we can only print as many as we take orders for by the 15th September, so this set is more limited by time than number

If you are still planning to pick up a copy of the personalised boxset head over to withnailfilm.com and make sure to place your pre-order before September 15th (or whilst stocks remain).

Newly restored in 2K resolution, this special release includes new and classic archive interviews, a 200-page coffee table book with rarely seen behind-the-scenes images, various articles on the film from critics and those who made it as well as personalised packaging for a truly unique edition. Choose your packaging below!

Attachments

• design_2.jpg
    design_2.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 165
  • design_4.jpg
    design_4.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 166
  • design_3.jpg
    design_3.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 167
Last edited by a moderator:
Arrow Video Facebook

We have reduced our quantity of the limited edition because we can only print as many as we take orders for by the 15th September, so this set is more limited by time than number. So the orders we have received as of the 15th of September will be how many each of the four options is limited by. For instance, if orders stopped now, Option 3 would be limited to 83 copies and Option 2 limited to 89 and so on.

We decided to bring the numbers down to 250 for each as we didn’t want there to be a wild difference between each version, therefore one might seem more or less limited than another.

If you are still planning to pick up a copy of the personalised boxset head over to withnailfilm.com and make sure to place your pre-order before September 15th (or whilst stocks remain).

Amount of stock available at 10.14am on the 04/09/2014
Design 1 Artwork Choice limited to 250 is now Sold Out

Design 2 Artwork Choice 159 Left
Design 3 Artwork Choice 167 Left
Design 4 Artwork Choice 154 Left

Note Each Artwork Choice is limited to 250 or less
So the orders we have received as of the 15th of September will be how many each of the four options is limited by

how arrow decided to do such a big 4k print-run "special edition limited collector's" box for a movie that already had a 4k steelbook release (zavvi was struggling to sell for 4.99), is completely beyond me. it's the biggest miscalculation i've witnessed from one of my favorite movie labels so far.
however, if you want a very special cover variant of "withnail" with possibly less than 150 copies worldwide (versions 2-4), place your order until the 15th.

i will wait for the inevitable price crash and place my order when it's under 20€.

how arrow decided to do such a big 4k print-run "special edition limited collector's" box for a movie that already had a 4k steelbook release (zavvi was struggling to sell for 4.99), is completely beyond me. it's the biggest miscalculation i've witnessed from one of my favorite movie labels so far.
however, if you want a very special cover variant of "withnail" with possibly less than 150 copies worldwide (versions 2-4), place your order until the 15th.

i will wait for the inevitable price crash and place my order when it's under 20€.

Yes the Steelbook looks nice but its a very poor as a Blu ray Release

The StudioCanal Steelbook from Zavvi is a nice looking steelbook Artwork but has 2 big weakness its content
1)The Steelbook the Blu ray is an inferior release with poor picture quality and has no extras but a trailer
2)A better Blu ray version was released from Starz Home Entertainment with a bit better picture quality with very good extras

The Arrow Release will be a fantastic Release for Picture Quality Newly restored
It will include the same extras from Starz Home Entertainment and Anchor Bay 20th anniversary release
It has new extras also and more extras to be announced

If Picture Quality and extras are important to you then this release from Arrow is a winner

• Helpful Post
Reactions: severo and vurt
yes pq, content and extras are important to me. but not 70€ important. ;)
if this was a SUSPIRIA or BRAINDEAD collector's item, i wouldn't hesitate a second to place my order. but i seriously doubt they will find 4000 people paying so much for "withnail & i".

yes pq, content and extras are important to me. but not 70€ important. ;)
if this was a SUSPIRIA or BRAINDEAD collector's item, i wouldn't hesitate a second to place my order. but i seriously doubt they will find 4000 people paying so much for "withnail & i".
Its not limited to 4000

Its limited to a max of 1000 or less pending on how many are sold by 15th of September
September 15th is the last day you can order and max possible is only 1000
4 releases 250 each
Artwork 1 250 Sold Out
Artwork 2 133 left of 250
Artwork 3 155 left of 250
Artwork 4 135 left of 250
On 15th of September any of 250 of each artwork not sold out the print run will be what's been sold only
So for example take artwork choice 2 if today was September 16th that choice would be limited to 117 only

There is another box set that's not exclusive and available from all retailers that's 2000 limited but may change

The details in the OP Description are Wrong
Needs to be changed to updated info from Arrow Video
LIMITED EDITION PERSONALISED PACKAGING. ONLY 250 EACH (or less ) OF FOUR DESIGNS.

We have reduced our quantity of the limited edition because we can only print as many as we take orders for by the 15th September, so this set is more limited by time than number

yes @paulboland but the "standard" set will be exactly the same minus the personalization. and it WAS confirmed to be an overall 4k print run. no matter if you want to believe it or not. initially it was 2000 limited (personalized) sets + 2k "standard" (but the same set with same content). now it's gonna be 1000 personalized (or a bit less) and the rest "standard". never heard anybody state the initial print run was changed too.

yes @paulboland but the "standard" set will be exactly the same minus the personalization. and it WAS confirmed to be an overall 4k print run. no matter if you want to believe it or not. initially it was 2000 limited (personalized) sets + 2k "standard" (but the same set with same content). now it's gonna be 1000 personalized (or a bit less) and the rest "standard". never heard anybody state the initial print run was changed too.

The print run was changed by Arrow Video
The max it can be if you include the standard edition is 3000

1000 or less for the personalized Exclusive Box Sets from Arrow Video only
2000 at the moment for the Standard Non exclusive Box Set Available from all Retailers

They are different releases although might not look like they are to you or others

The print run details was changed on the 4th of September

Nice idea, but it won't happen mate.

Orders for the personalised ones close on the 15th - so they can go off for printing, etc. - and they won't drop the prices.

You'll only get a standard non-personalised one after that; and you'll have to wait for Amazon to drop their prices on that - if they do, as prices have been hardening of late.

p.s. I know it says 'or until stocks expire' or some such, but that's meant imply before the 15th.

p.p.s Don't know how they have done version 1, but I'm pretty certain there were more than 250 sold when they changed the max available quantities.

Last edited:
Stock remaining as at 22-37pm 11-09-2014

Version 1: Sold Out

Version 2: 119
Version 3: 151
Version 4: 128

Matter of personal opinion,, but I think if you have to question the validity of this new edition of Withnail, then you probably really don't understand the film, and what it means to many, many dwellers in these islands :)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: PunkNinja
Just an update on remaining stock levels as at 00.12 Sunday Morning 14th Sept.

For anyone still considering buying the personalised version, remember the 15th is the last day, after that you'll have to settle for the standard version.

Version 1: Sold Out

Version 2: 115

Version 3: 149

Version 4: 124

Pre-orders for our personalised Withnail and I sets end TONIGHT!
If you are planning to get a copy make sure to head over to the website before the end of the day! http://withnailfilm.com/

FULL_7.jpg
FULL_1.jpg

FULL_8.jpg

FULL_9.jpg

Design 1
SOLD OUT
option11.jpg

FULL_2.jpg

Design 2
100 Left Available to Order

option21.jpg

FULL_4.jpg

Design 3
142 Left Available to Order

option31.jpg

FULL_5.jpg

Design 4
112 Left Available to order

option41.jpg

FULL_6.jpg

Pre-orders for our personalised Withnail and I sets end TONIGHT!
If you are planning to get a copy make sure to head over to the website before the end of the day! http://withnailfilm.com/

FULL_7.jpg
FULL_1.jpg

FULL_8.jpg

FULL_9.jpg

Design 1
SOLD OUT
option11.jpg

FULL_2.jpg

Design 2
100 Left Available to Order

option21.jpg

FULL_4.jpg

Design 3
142 Left Available to Order

option31.jpg

FULL_5.jpg

Design 4
112 Left Available to order

option41.jpg

FULL_6.jpg
Have actually been withdrawn early.

Now all showing as sold out.

Be interesting to know what the final figures are. I will ask and let you all know.

I just got delivery of my personalised edition
:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Funny part it was delivered by a company I do security for we both had a laugh
The parcel I was not expecting to be delivered by them :LOL::rofl:

9438_10204816369069608_8996301808150357902_n.jpg

10393984_10204816369229612_5957280515782347907_n.jpg

10402430_10204816369149610_6396131784250903471_n.jpg

I will post more photos later tonight
:happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:

Note packaging was brilliant

Last edited: