China
Release date: December 12, 2017
Pre-order on November 8 at 10 AM - EST USA
Price:
Box set $109.99
Double Lenti $47.99
Lenti Edition $45.99
Print run: 2000

BS---WW bxoset.jpgBS---WW 4K lenti.jpgBS---WW double lenti.jpgBS---WW SP.jpgBS---WW lenti.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
New Year's resolution: no more keeping your steelbooks sealed. Everybody has to open their steelbooks from now on to fully appreciate the art and actual steelbook in its full Glory.

My New Year resolution: Bid farewell to Steelbook Collecting (except MCU). Feeling cured and better lol. Also gives me plenty of space at home for other things and a nod from the wife to upgrade to 4K UHD TV (65 or 75").

My New Year resolution: Bid farewell to Steelbook Collecting (except MCU). Feeling cured and better lol. Also gives me plenty of space at home for other things and a nod from the wife to upgrade to 4K UHD TV (65 or 75").

For over a year i am thinking about quitting the asia steelbook collecting thing. But never strong enough to do it. Whether or not, i hope my wife gives green light for a 65‘‘ UHD TV :thumbs:

For over a year i am thinking about quitting the asia steelbook collecting thing. But never strong enough to do it. Whether or not, i hope my wife gives green light for a 65‘‘ UHD TV :thumbs:

Same here. I cannot quit, but I am way more selective now. But it still is a rather expensive hobby. Received the WW 1Click today and unfortunately one edge on the back of the outer box is slightly "damaged". At least it finally arrived and I am still happy. However, this is the first 1Click box not arriving in pristine condition from HDZETA and it has to be Wonder Woman. I guess that is just Murphy's Law and first world problems.....

• Thanks
Reactions: Radagast

Been considering this myself too lately. With Zavvi flooding the market with a steel for most movies, they feel less desirable now and recently I can't even justify owning several different company's release of a particular title. Might just stick to blufans for MCU and Hdzeta for DC and pick the odd one up here and there. Its a tough decision

Been considering this myself too lately. With Zavvi flooding the market with a steel for most movies, they feel less desirable now and recently I can't even justify owning several different company's release of a particular title. Might just stick to blufans for MCU and Hdzeta for DC and pick the odd one up here and there. Its a tough decision

To be fair I'm also considering the same

I have to Open my WW today and so scared to do so :ugh: ...also did not open my Boxsets for Mad Max and Argo. I was waiting to move to open them at my new place, but I guess those are older I can wait no matter how they will be I am sure HDzeta would not be able to offer replacement... but I will Open my WW Today :ohno:

yep i think i will probably pick up 4k steels and premiums but curbing way back on anything else

Zavvi have not been flooding IMO. Premium retailers are the main culprits. Releasing multiple editions of the same film and cashing in. Nothing wrong with that but it has killed it for long term collectors. It is already backfiring except for the odd ones with low print runs. If no 3D TVs are announced in CES 2018 then expect the value of the 3D Blu-rays and Steels to nosedive. Just look at eBay and the classifieds. It has been quite a disaster. :(

Pretty sure a vast majority of us buy spares with the intention to resell and make a decent profit to fund a future purchase. I am not referring to bulk resellers, just the ones who buy one or two and floats them in the secondary market.
I am pretty sure that vast majority of long term collectors DO NOT buy spares to resell.

If you need to resell to fund this habit then basically you cannot really afford this hobby .

I find it hard to believe that anyone who buys premium steelbooks doesn't have one eye on their value long term

I don't buy to sell at a profit, I buy to keep and have a collection but even then I still think longer term

• Thanks
Reactions: metal hunter
I find it hard to believe that anyone who buys premium steelbooks doesn't have one eye on their value long term

I don't buy to sell at a profit, I buy to keep and have a collection but even then I still think longer term

When I collect something I love, I don't resell. To me reselling in the long term is not even an option.

When I collect something I love, I don't resell. To me reselling in the long term is not even an option.

Unless you're planning to be buried with your steelbooks you or someone on your behalf will sell them eventually :p

I am pretty sure that vast majority of long term collectors DO NOT buy spares to resell.

If you need to resell to fund this habit then basically you cannot really afford this hobby .

I am not talking about funding the full amount lol. It is just that tiny profits that adds up. Example, you sell 5-10 and use the profit to fund 1 Steelbook. It is not that bad as for every 5 or 10 Steelbooks you resell, you buy 1 for free. However the issue here is the amount of time and energy you invest. I am sure you only buy to keep, so it shouldn't concern you.

• Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz
Is buying an extra copy of a steelbook to sell really any different from deciding to sell a release down the road for whatever reason that has shot up in value?

Some people may act all saintly here and say they'd sell their 'HDzeta boxset' for face value but in reality, if you can get £200 for something that cost £120 say then you're going for the extra £80 every day of the week.

Money talks, especially if you have a holiday or car insurance to pay for... or god forbid, missed out on the HDzeta Wonder Woman group buy lol

• Thanks
Reactions: yy0925
I guess I can't afford to be a gamer then because I trade my old games in against new ones to save money instead of just having a redundant collection of games i'm never going to pick up again
But games are generally not collectable and once completed are as you say useless to keep.

Status
Not open for further replies.