Wonder Woman (4K and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 11) [Hong Kong]

martinouchou

Premium Supporter
Sep 20, 2015
France
Release date: November 24, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti - Box Set (Pre-order on October 20, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $48.99 (Full Slip) - $48.99 (Lenti) - $49.99 (Double Lenti)- $149.97 (Box Set)
Notes: Print Run (2000 units for both Domestic and International)

IMG_0620.jpg IMG_0621.jpg IMG_0622.jpg IMG_0623.jpg
. Pre-order Date: 8PM, October 20th, 2017 (HKT, GMT+8)
2. Release Date: November 24th, 2017
3. Print Run (2000 units for both Domestic and International)
(Limited to 2 Copies per Customer for each edition)
*Full Slip(2D+3D)($48.99): 300 Units
*Lenticular Full Slip(2D+3D)($48.99): 300 Units
*Lenticular Full Slip (2D+4KUHD)($49.99) : 200 Units
*One Click ($149.97): 400 Sets (Includes all editions, Matching Numbers)
4. Goodies
- Full sized Booklet with Digibook contents, Character Cards, Post Cards, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker, Exclusive Lenticular Sticker, Envelope, Specification Tip-on
5. Effects
- Full Slip: High Quality Full Slip + Spot Glossy + Spot Matte + Spot Holofoil + Embossing
- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular + Spot Matte +Spot Glossy + Spot Holofoil + Embossing
- Double Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular x 2 + Spot Glossy + Spot Matte + Embossing
- One Click Box: Built with MDF for better appearance and durability + Spot Matte + Spot Glossy + Embossing
18882226_1408654149244689_6771903603877436364_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess you haven't been collecting steelbooks long enough to fully know that. I've been collecting and buying steelbooks for over 10 years that's what happened here. The slip caused the scratch....plain and simple.
Go back to the video and take a look at the direction of the scratches. You not going to see any scratches going horizontally on the steelbook. The fine scratches are vertical and that's from removing it in and out of the slip.
Slips can cause scratches if you are not careful. There’s no way these scratches are from sliding it in and out of the slip. It’s from the manufacturing. I’ve had Steelbooks that have been perfect so there’s no way removing it from a slip a couple of times would do that.

• Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz and harry
Tbh, i have many glossy steelbooks with scratches from the beginning but also so many without scratches regardless light / angle. So for me the main factor causing scratches is the manufactoring / handling process (before shipping). If i want to keep a glossy steelbook 100% free of scratches i don‘t put a steelbook protector on slide it in and out of the slip :naughty: (maybe i just have gross motor skills :p). Just a plastic display stand...as long as i still have the space :D

Last edited:
Ordered this, even though i have stopped collecting but i wanted a 4k disc and the artwork is great. Mine if full of scratches and paint chips. Emailed John but no response since thursday.

Of course slips or protectors CAN cause scratches if you are not careful, but Im talking here about Manta steelbooks latest releases especially Covenant and now apparently WW as well. That was the point from the beginning but you came here saying it is caused by our remiving from slips lol.

Are you saying I caused this when I slide the steelbook from the slip?

View attachment 348196

Scratches like this (or those on WW in @gaeljet video) is problem Im talking about here all the time and these are made by manufacturing and handling process during assemble. Plain and simple.

Christ, that is just terrible.That's just really ... depressing. No way is that done by any slip. Makes me wonder why anyone would wanna collect premiums if that is what you receive. If WW turns out like that I would cry.

On the other hand (pun intended), I've been looking and discovered employee of the month:
lfn.jpg

I know it's logistics handling within the manufacture and assembling pipeline. :D

I never witnessed making scratches on mine glossy steelbooks by only removing them in and out the slip :hilarious:. You overreacting, even though gloss finish is very sensisitive to scratch, you still must make some effort/pressure to scratch it. If you treat the steelbook gently and reasonably it can stay totally mint.

While I agree with you in general terms, I can also report of an occassion when I scratched a perfectly mint glossy steelbook just by inserting it into and taking it out of the slip once again. It happened when I opened my copy of Filmarena's Terminator 3 FAC release. I was over the moon when I found a 100% mint steelbook after I had removed the shrink wrap. (Seriously, this thing was perfect in every imaginable way.) After I had seen the movie (yikes), wearing white gloves, I gently put it back into the slip, but decided to take another look at the gorgeous steelbook before I put the slip into a protector. To my horror I found a fresh horizontal scratch, about three centimeters long, on the backside. Needless to say I was disappointed an carefully checked the slip's inside, but didn't find anything which could have possibly caused the scratch. Maybe it was the tiniest bit of dirt? I don't know. But I can assure you even if you handle your steelbooks very carefully (and I absolutely do so), it can happen.

@urbeenjammin I partially agree with you ;) When removing glossy steels in and out of a slip, it can indeed cause hairline scratches. I've witnessed this myself on a number of steels I own (Blufans Star Wars: TFA being the latest occurance :cautious:). It's common but can be avoided if you place the glossy Steelbook firstly inside a protective polybag, then inside the slip (I've a number of steels I cherish where I've taken the extra effort to do this :whistle:;) MoS Manta, T1 HDZ, Doctor Strange BF, etc etc :drool:).

It's in effect resealing the steelbook and protects the delicate surface when sliding in and out of the slip. I also did this with HDzeta's BvS as the slips were so damn tight, the friction could easily cause surface scratches. What I'm struggling to understand from you though is; is that you say the slip here caused vertical lines/scratches in @gaeljet 's vid? How so? :confused: These aren't O-ring slips where you slide them out top/bottom. The lines in this particular case would obviously be horizontal coming from a side loading slip. @gaeljet 's are predominantly vertical which tells me it's more down to manufacturing process/poor QC from Manta (again :meh:).

Forgot to post an update regarding my situation with the scratched steel and slip... Manta replied to me very quickly and promised a replacement. That being said, I haven't heard back from them since... however, I imagine they're pretty busy right now if the majority of people's steels are arriving in the same condition as mine, so I suppose I'll just have to wait my turn.

All this palava already and my FS still hasn't even f*****g shipped yet o_O If it arrives late and scratched to sh!t I'll be highly pi$$ed off! :mad: I'm expecting an Alien Cov replacement with this which again, I'm hoping arrives in good condition :cautious::rolleyes: Being back of the que in terms of requesting replacement poses risk of missing out and living with what you have unfortunately :blackeye: Hope Manta has catered sufficiently for damage requests and/or my Steelbook selfishly arrives in mint condition :D

They need to shrinkwrap these steels in plastic first and then put into the slip. This is a callout to all companies.
That will greatly help. I hope the coordinators who have contacts with the premium retailers can provide this feedback. This will hopefully create less replacements due to damages.

• Thanks
Reactions: Raggle Fraggle!
My Constantine and Kingsman(both copy that I opened) had the steels shrinked wrapped individually within the Fullslip... same as FA does

I was going to ask the question about whether the steelbooks are individually shrink wrapped before being placed inside the slips earlier but I waited until I read through all of the posts.

So you say that Film Arena and Manta Lab does?
Are the Manta Lab Wonder Woman steelbooks individually shrink wrapped inside the slips?

Does anybody have a list of which companies do and don't individually shrink wrap the steelbooks before putting them in the slips?

Thanks in advance.

I was going to ask the question about whether the steelbooks are individually shrink wrapped before being placed inside the slips earlier but I waited until I read through all of the posts.

So you say that Film Arena and Manta Lab does?
Are the Manta Lab Wonder Woman steelbooks individually shrink wrapped inside the slips?

Does anybody have a list of which companies do and don't individually shrink wrap the steelbooks before putting them in the slips?

Thanks in advance.
All of the Kimchi, Novamedia, Blufans, Manta Lab, HDZeta and Plain Archive steel's I've gotten were sealed inside the slips.