Wonder Woman (4K and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 11) [Hong Kong]

martinouchou

Premium Supporter
Sep 20, 2015
France
Release date: November 24, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti - Box Set (Pre-order on October 20, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $48.99 (Full Slip) - $48.99 (Lenti) - $49.99 (Double Lenti)- $149.97 (Box Set)
Notes: Print Run (2000 units for both Domestic and International)

IMG_0620.jpg IMG_0621.jpg IMG_0622.jpg IMG_0623.jpg
. Pre-order Date: 8PM, October 20th, 2017 (HKT, GMT+8)
2. Release Date: November 24th, 2017
3. Print Run (2000 units for both Domestic and International)
(Limited to 2 Copies per Customer for each edition)
*Full Slip(2D+3D)($48.99): 300 Units
*Lenticular Full Slip(2D+3D)($48.99): 300 Units
*Lenticular Full Slip (2D+4KUHD)($49.99) : 200 Units
*One Click ($149.97): 400 Sets (Includes all editions, Matching Numbers)
4. Goodies
- Full sized Booklet with Digibook contents, Character Cards, Post Cards, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker, Exclusive Lenticular Sticker, Envelope, Specification Tip-on
5. Effects
- Full Slip: High Quality Full Slip + Spot Glossy + Spot Matte + Spot Holofoil + Embossing
- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular + Spot Matte +Spot Glossy + Spot Holofoil + Embossing
- Double Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular x 2 + Spot Glossy + Spot Matte + Embossing
- One Click Box: Built with MDF for better appearance and durability + Spot Matte + Spot Glossy + Embossing
18882226_1408654149244689_6771903603877436364_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just unboxed mine, haven't opened any of the editions yet and not sure if I will at this stage due to the possible QC issues potentially lying underneath however I do like the box, while it may be a little more basic in its design than those Blufans or HDZeta use which you may argue are a little more premium I don't see this one from Manta deteriorating over time like those may if you open and close them a lot. It's certainly not MDF though if you hadn't gathered by now already, just a very rigid cardboard and again more durable than other companies storage boxes. Nicely laid felt material in the inside as well, in fact if you have Manta's Logan special box edition the box for Wonder Woman is a beefed up version of that basically in terms of materials used, all its missing is the magnetic flap

Manta's is more pixelated than HDZeta's other than that they're identical in terms of depth and movement
Thank you
Who is your winner and why?

Thank you

HDZeta's wipes the floor with Manta's

Manta's in its own right isn't a bad release however if you're comparing it it comes off a poor second

Bearing in mind I'm talking about the whole package though not just certain elements as if you really scrutinised both I'm sure there are bits of Manta's that might be better (the odd art card for example lol)

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
Thank you

Wonder Woman HDzeta Boxset is definitely The Best Well Put Together Package of the year (alongside with Blufans Doctor Strange Boxset)
No other words than Absolutely Top Notch Stunning, each edition within the HDzeta Boxset complement each other very well :drool:

NB: WW Manta is not a bad release(not taking into account the steelbook mess), but it does pale in comparison to the HDzeta one.

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk and Radagast
Just unboxed mine, haven't opened any of the editions yet and not sure if I will at this stage due to the possible QC issues potentially lying underneath however I do like the box, while it may be a little more basic in its design than those Blufans or HDZeta use which you may argue are a little more premium I don't see this one from Manta deteriorating over time like those may if you open and close them a lot. It's certainly not MDF though if you hadn't gathered by now already, just a very rigid cardboard and again more durable than other companies storage boxes. Nicely laid felt material in the inside as well, in fact if you have Manta's Logan special box edition the box for Wonder Woman is a beefed up version of that basically in terms of materials used, all its missing is the magnetic flap

Manta's is more pixelated than HDZeta's other than that they're identical in terms of depth and movement
Isn't it better opening now to check for QC issues and getting replacements if needed rather than opening months down the line when replacements may no longer be available.

Had a few minutes to directly compare the two single lentis (as requested) that share the same/similar art. They're both truly solid efforts, and I probably wouldn't be able to fault either without having the two directly side by side to compare, but luckily I do!

Here's a shot of 'em bumping spines ('zeta on the left, Manta on the right in all shots):
1.jpg
Both have great depth and color. Manta's is a bit brighter and sharper, but at the expense of looking a bit rougher/pixelated around the edges. HDzeta's color palette is a bit more subdued, but looks very natural. It avoids the pixelated effect by smoothing the edges a bit. This makes it a touch less crisp than Manta's, so it really boils down to personal preference in that regard.

As for depth, it's a bit of a tossup again. HDzeta's lenti extends backwards a bit more effortlessly (particularly the space between Hippolyta and Antiope), whereas Manta's pops outward a touch better. Manta's treatment of the title gives it a better sense of pop and extension toward the viewer, which makes it slightly more impressive to my eyes.

2.jpg
As for the back art, I do like the image 'zeta chose, but the flat and matte treatment leaves a lot of room for improvement. Manta's rear artwork is embossed and spot-glossed with a hint of holofoil. I'm generally not the biggest fan of holofoil, but it has been rather tastefully (and conservatively) applied here.

Overall, I slightly prefer the Manta release. The lenticular effect could go either way depending on personal preference ('zeta's being more natural/organic, and Manta's popping a bit more in palette and effect), but the rear treatment really sways me into the Manta camp for the single lenti edition.

I'll try to find some time to bang up some comparisons between the other 'zeta and Manta editions in the next few days, but you really couldn't go wrong with any of the slips or steels. Both companies have put in some great work with these releases. Happy to have snagged them both! :cigar::thumbs:

Bonus: the steelbooks!
3.jpg 4.jpg

Had a few minutes to directly compare the two single lentis (as requested) that share the same/similar art. They're both truly solid efforts, and I probably wouldn't be able to fault either without having the two directly side by side to compare, but luckily I do!

Here's a shot of 'em bumping spines ('zeta on the left, Manta on the right in all shots):
View attachment 351139
Both have great depth and color. Manta's is a bit brighter and sharper, but at the expense of looking a bit rougher/pixelated around the edges. HDzeta's color palette is a bit more subdued, but looks very natural. It avoids the pixelated effect by smoothing the edges a bit. This makes it a touch less crisp than Manta's, so it really boils down to personal preference in that regard.

As for depth, it's a bit of a tossup again. HDzeta's lenti extends backwards a bit more effortlessly (particularly the space between Hippolyta and Antiope), whereas Manta's pops outward a touch better. Manta's treatment of the title gives it a better sense of pop and extension toward the viewer, which makes it slightly more impressive to my eyes.

View attachment 351140
As for the back art, I do like the image 'zeta chose, but the flat and matte treatment leaves a lot of room for improvement. Manta's rear artwork is embossed and spot-glossed with a hint of holofoil. I'm generally not the biggest fan of holofoil, but it has been rather tastefully (and conservatively) applied here.

Overall, I slightly prefer the Manta release. The lenticular effect could go either way depending on personal preference ('zeta's being more natural/organic, and Manta's popping a bit more in palette and effect), but the rear treatment really sways me into the Manta camp for the single lenti edition.

I'll try to find some time to bang up some comparisons between the other 'zeta and Manta editions in the next few days, but you really couldn't go wrong with any of the slips or steels. Both companies have put in some great work with these releases. Happy to have snagged them both! :cigar::thumbs:

Bonus: the steelbooks!
View attachment 351141 View attachment 351142
Thanks for the comparison shots @misformatt! Which is your favourite Steelbook?

• Thanks
Reactions: misformatt
WW Manta steelbook looks weak. The front, she looks like an arabian wife ( the face ) and the colour blue looks somewhat old blue ( sky ).
The back, she is trying to look like a bull while running. Lol.

WW HDzeta steelbook looks very great. The front, she looks a true amazonian. The back, she sat and hit the sword on the ground, while the background shows the sun is rising. Wonderful.

WW Manta steelbook looks weak. The front, she looks like an arabian wife ( the face ) and the colour blue looks somewhat old blue ( sky ).
The back, she is trying to look like a bull while running. Lol.

WW HDzeta steelbook looks very great. The front, she looks a true amazonian. The back, she sat and hit the sword on the ground, while the background shows the sun is rising. Wonderful.
Well, I guess it's how each person looks at it. For me, her HDzeta front cover pose makes her look a little too much like a castrating b*tch. On the back she is taking a knee like those silly NFL players.(n):pFor me the Manta is the winner.:thumbs:

Last edited:
Thanks for the comparison shots @misformatt! Which is your favourite Steelbook?
No problem! They're both quality steelbooks. I love the rich blue and gold hues that are so prominent on the cover of Manta's steel, but I prefer the art on 'zeta's steel overall. Ultimately, I'd choose Manta's due to the nicely embossed title and WW emblem (despite the somewhat awkwardly placed DC logo):
IMG_6097.jpg IMG_6095.jpg

Manta's steel also benefits from a bit of metallic sheen on Wonder Woman's bangles and the silver lining of her whip. It's subtle, but a really sharp effect in hand. Hard to catch in poor light, but here's a pic:
IMG_6099.jpg

The HDzeta steelbook is very elegant (especially the back artwork), but it could've benefited from a bit of extra love (metallic sheen on sword and bangles, debossed title, etc.), but many of those added "features" are subjective, so that's really just my personal preference coming into play. :whistle:

I think my ideal combination would be to swap the front and back covers of the two steelbooks, but maybe that's just me:
IMG_6101.jpg IMG_6103.jpg
:LOL:

I haven't opened my Logan, Alien Covenant or Wonder Woman steelbooks yet. I was planning on doing so eventually, but have considered just selling them because I'm scared to look and don't want to deal with quality control issues. I'm officially done with Manta. I won't buy their products ever again. It's not worth the stress. Maybe I'm being dramatic as I haven't opened anything yet, but too many of you have pointed out the problems with their products, so that's enough for me.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry and Actarus
What's stressful about waiting for a mint steelbook or slip replacement.. Which you ALWAYS get provided you open these in a reasonable amount of time generally with no questions asked.

It's not like what's in or around the discs prevents you from enjoying the movie whilst you wait for a replacement if the packaging is damaged.

Yes their quality control can be better but at least they have a buffer for this kind of situation. Other companies like Novamedia will likely offer you a 2 dollar discount off your next order, I know which I'd prefer

I haven't opened my Logan, Alien Covenant or Wonder Woman steelbooks yet. I was planning on doing so eventually, but have considered just selling them because I'm scared to look and don't want to deal with quality control issues.

This is a question for everybody:

What, if anything, generally happens when somebody decides not to open items like those mentioned above, or even One Clicks and decides to sell them on and it turns out that they were indeed all scratched up?

For example if somebody sold something in a Sell thread on HDN?
Or if it was sold on ebay?

Finally got hands on single and double lenti and surprisingly I must say both are pretty good. I expected worse after some comments here, but both lenticulars are nice and clear with great depth. I definitely wouldn´t call it "poor" lenti.

This is a question for everybody:

What, if anything, generally happens when somebody decides not to open items like those mentioned above, or even One Clicks and decides to sell them on and it turns out that they were indeed all scratched up?

For example if somebody sold something in a Sell thread on HDN?
Or if it was sold on ebay?
If you buy something sealed on the secondary market and it turns out to be damaged upon opening it then the buyer is fu***d.
That's why I would rather buy open copies on eBay or in trade threads here.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian and harry
If you buy something sealed on the secondary market and it turns out to be damaged upon opening it then the buyer is fu***d.
That's why I would rather buy open copies on eBay or in trade threads here.

Not necessarily, if something is damaged on eBay whether purchased sealed or not.. Unless it's been disclosed in the listing then eBay will side with the buyer for a refund. Ebay side with buyers most of the time actually.

I sold my Man of Steel manta full slip earlier this year, it was open and mint. The guy received it.. Left positive feedback saying he was happy then messaged to say that it "arrived dented" despite leaving feedback saying he was happy with the item. Long story short eBay sided with him.. I claimed from Royal Mail for the cost and sold the damaged one on for virtually what the mint condition one sold for so was quids in but ebay don't care.

Long story short, a defective item is a defective item and eBay will uphold a case on this basis unless the defect is declared.

Not necessarily, if something is damaged on eBay whether purchased sealed or not.. Unless it's been disclosed in the listing then eBay will side with the buyer for a refund. Ebay side with buyers most of the time actually.

I sold my Man of Steel manta full slip earlier this year, it was open and mint. The guy received it.. Left positive feedback saying he was happy then messaged to say that it "arrived dented" despite leaving feedback saying he was happy with the item. Long story short eBay sided with him.. I claimed from Royal Mail for the cost and sold the damaged one on for virtually what the mint condition one sold for so was quids in but ebay don't care.

Long story short, a defective item is a defective item and eBay will uphold a case on this basis unless the defect is declared.
From your story it sounds like it DID arrive damaged.