This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Wonder Woman (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive Series No. 11) [Hong Kong]

Discussion in 'Blu-ray SteelBook' started by martinouchou, Jun 2, 2017.

1. martinouchou

Contributor

Ratings:
    +2,985
    Release date: November 24th, 2017 (Pre-order 8PM, October 20th, 2017 - HKT, GMT+8)
    Purchase link: Full Slip - Lenticular Slip - Double Lenticular Slip - One Click
    Price: Full Slip $48.99 - Lenticular Slip $48.99 - Double Lenticular Slip $49.99 - One Click $149.97
    Notes: Print Run (2000 units for both Domestic and International)

Full Slip | Lenticular Slip | Double Lenticular Slip | One Click
    IMG_0620.jpg IMG_0621.jpg IMG_0622.jpg IMG_0623.jpg
    . Pre-order Date: 8PM, October 20th, 2017 (HKT, GMT+8)
    2. Release Date: November 24th, 2017
    3. Print Run (2000 units for both Domestic and International)
    (Limited to 2 Copies per Customer for each edition)
    *Full Slip(2D+3D)($48.99): 300 Units
    *Lenticular Full Slip(2D+3D)($48.99): 300 Units
    *Lenticular Full Slip (2D+4KUHD)($49.99) : 200 Units
    *One Click ($149.97): 400 Sets (Includes all editions, Matching Numbers)
    4. Goodies
    - Full sized Booklet with Digibook contents, Character Cards, Post Cards, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker, Exclusive Lenticular Sticker, Envelope, Specification Tip-on
    5. Effects
    - Full Slip: High Quality Full Slip + Spot Glossy + Spot Matte + Spot Holofoil + Embossing
    - Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular + Spot Matte +Spot Glossy + Spot Holofoil + Embossing
    - Double Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular x 2 + Spot Glossy + Spot Matte + Embossing
    - One Click Box: Built with MDF for better appearance and durability + Spot Matte + Spot Glossy + Embossing
    18882226_1408654149244689_6771903603877436364_n.jpg

#1 martinouchou, Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2017
    • Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 19
    • Thanks Thanks x 11
    • Helpful Post Helpful Post x 2
  2. misformatt

Ratings:
    +1,665
    My OC from Manta is (finally) due to arrive later today. If someone hasn’t posted a comparison by then, I’ll see what I can do. :thumbs:

3. Bluesky

Ratings:
    +49
    Which has more depth lenticular?

4. OMRA1080

Ratings:
    +86
    Thank you
    I will be happy to know the difference and who is the winner

5. ChrisIW

Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,611
    Also which has a smoother lenti rotation?

6. megabee

megabee Photo Ninja
    Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +6,768
    Wonder Woman Hong Kong

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 7
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Helpful Post Helpful Post x 2
  7. timm

Ratings:
    +19
    I find it suspect there are individual(s) who frequently post on HDN, find every purchase flawed, no matter the manufacturer, whether it be a full slip, lenti, or one-click, there is always an issue... and request a replacement.

#1146 timm, Dec 30, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  8. Radagast

Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,087
    I think everyone can expect a mint product for these prices and i can decide if i cause scratches by moving my steel in / out of the slip ;).
    Regardless if some people here are more sensitive than others it is a fact that Manta has lately some scratch issues. Or do you think i am sensitive if my Logan, Alien and WW steelbooks are full of scratches? ( i didn‘t request a replacement for WW and Logan) And i am someone who barely complains about my release not beeing OCD. But when 7/9 steelbooks from the 3 OC are not mint i think it is comprehensible to be..a little piss%& off :p

#1147 Radagast, Dec 30, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    • Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 6
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  9. StifflersDad

Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,046
    And then there are others with nothing useful to contribute:whistle:

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 5
  10. Steelselecta

Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +5,427
    Spot on post! I lost my OCD months ago, and i think you can find fault in anything if you REALLY look hard enough. So I've let minor things slide, but every single Manta release I have had, have had quality issues whether minor or major, but Alien Covenant was really bad and unacceptable, and yet I still didn't ask for a replacement and just sold it on for a loss as I preferred the Filmarena one more.

But having Wonder Woman turn up like this, I think it's PERFECTLY acceptable to demand a replacement. Hopefully Manta can take the quality control more seriously and learn from this and reign in Scanvo a bit more so that the quality gets better.

Like you say, we pay enough for these releases as it is, so should get a top quality product.

Sadly, judging by all the Asian premium steelbooks I've had in the past, it's quite a common thing, so clearly Scanvo need to be held to account also.

Last I heard, Manta are having to fork out and BUY the replacements, which really sucks for them, I feel for them as I think the customer service is bang on. But they have to take their share of the blame also, its them who are selling the product with their exclusive slips etc and is in their interest to keep on top of Scanvo so that they don't have to swallow these costs in future.

11. lgans316

Ratings:
    +10,325
    Manta must stop finger pointing and admit that they failed QC CHECKS as they individually put the inserts and resealed them. They are to blame for the lack of QC.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 3
    • Helpful Post Helpful Post x 1
  12. SteelbookGenius666

Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,635
    What part do you find suspect? the fact that people pay a premium price and would like a premium product? or people pay a premium price, receive a scratched (some badly) product and RIGHTFULLY vent their anger and frustration's on this forum?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Stygian

Ratings:
    +693
    Because Trump would have no sympathy for you and blast you for not buying american.
    He'd say you got what you paid for. ;)

14. Stygian

Ratings:
    +693
    If I bought a microwave oven with dents or scratches, I would return it for a replacement or a refund.
    Same with any appliance, laptop, computer, tablet, non premium steelbook or anything else that wasn't perfect that I bought new.

Isn't that the point of buying something new? If it's used and discounted then maybe it would be a different story.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Mickle_89

Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +14,841
    I'm sorry, but this is actually the first post I've seen/noticed from yourself and my, what a stinker :rofl: What are you insinuating exactly? :coffee: Folks opening their copies whilst mistakenly using Freddy Krueger gloves and later submitting false damage claims? :naughty: Am I one of the bad eggs then? :p:D:LOL:

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  16. Actarus

Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +11,884
    When I spend my hard earned money on a bare steelbook (which I could have gotten the amaray edition for half or a third its price) or a Premium Edition, I expect them to be flawless. There is no excuse for a retailer to be sending damaged items. If they do so, could be unwillingly, they should definitely own up to it and make it right to the customer.

I open all my editions, so there is a higher chance that I might get/notice something is damaged(that another member may also have, but does not know as he may keep his copies sealed).
    The more we purchase and the more we open our copies, the higher the chance of noticing some damages.

Basically in this very expensive hobby where Quality is a ''Must'', we should expect No Less.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  17. Kizza

Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,224
  18. eLviS1987

Ratings:
    +6,649
    Worst premium retailer ever...
    :rofl:

19. nafosb

Ratings:
    +1,751
    Good point. I could actually envision him saying that. :LOL:

20. tommyh84

Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,327
    Just unboxed mine, haven't opened any of the editions yet and not sure if I will at this stage due to the possible QC issues potentially lying underneath however I do like the box, while it may be a little more basic in its design than those Blufans or HDZeta use which you may argue are a little more premium I don't see this one from Manta deteriorating over time like those may if you open and close them a lot. It's certainly not MDF though if you hadn't gathered by now already, just a very rigid cardboard and again more durable than other companies storage boxes. Nicely laid felt material in the inside as well, in fact if you have Manta's Logan special box edition the box for Wonder Woman is a beefed up version of that basically in terms of materials used, all its missing is the magnetic flap

Manta's is more pixelated than HDZeta's other than that they're identical in terms of depth and movement

21. tommyh84

Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,327
    Some pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Going to get an IKEA BillyBookcase soon as running out of room on this solid oak one that I've had since my teens :p

• Thanks Thanks x 2