Wonder Woman (4K and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 11) [Hong Kong]

martinouchou

Premium Supporter
Sep 20, 2015
France
Release date: November 24, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti - Box Set (Pre-order on October 20, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $48.99 (Full Slip) - $48.99 (Lenti) - $49.99 (Double Lenti)- $149.97 (Box Set)
Notes: Print Run (2000 units for both Domestic and International)

IMG_0620.jpg IMG_0621.jpg IMG_0622.jpg IMG_0623.jpg
. Pre-order Date: 8PM, October 20th, 2017 (HKT, GMT+8)
2. Release Date: November 24th, 2017
3. Print Run (2000 units for both Domestic and International)
(Limited to 2 Copies per Customer for each edition)
*Full Slip(2D+3D)($48.99): 300 Units
*Lenticular Full Slip(2D+3D)($48.99): 300 Units
*Lenticular Full Slip (2D+4KUHD)($49.99) : 200 Units
*One Click ($149.97): 400 Sets (Includes all editions, Matching Numbers)
4. Goodies
- Full sized Booklet with Digibook contents, Character Cards, Post Cards, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker, Exclusive Lenticular Sticker, Envelope, Specification Tip-on
5. Effects
- Full Slip: High Quality Full Slip + Spot Glossy + Spot Matte + Spot Holofoil + Embossing
- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular + Spot Matte +Spot Glossy + Spot Holofoil + Embossing
- Double Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular x 2 + Spot Glossy + Spot Matte + Embossing
- One Click Box: Built with MDF for better appearance and durability + Spot Matte + Spot Glossy + Embossing
18882226_1408654149244689_6771903603877436364_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I don't see how it arrived with a big dent in the front of the steelbook despite being housed inside the slip, wrapped in a novamedia supplied quantity of bubble wrap (I used one of their packaging from a previous order I had delivered) and a decent box yet nothing else was damaged in the the process. Plus the buyer was obviously happy with it as he left positive feedback (a dent in the front cover of the steelbook isn't likely going to be missed). My guess is he probably dropped it himself and thought he'd pull a fast one to get his money back, that or he just swapped his damaged copy out for mine and pulled this trick.

Odds are you're not buying an Asian exclusive steelbook for a movie unless you're a steelbook collector, if you're a steelbook collector then you're checking over everything.. At the very least the steelbook when it arrives. You're not missing a dent on the front cover of a glossy steelbook like Man of steel and you're certainly not leaving positive feedback without checking it over. But think what you will.

• Thanks
Reactions: Veronica Mars
Well I don't see how it arrived with a big dent in the front of the steelbook despite being housed inside the slip, wrapped in a novamedia supplied quantity of bubble wrap (I used one of their packaging from a previous order I had delivered) and a decent box yet nothing else was damaged in the the process. Plus the buyer was obviously happy with it as he left positive feedback (a dent in the front cover of the steelbook isn't likely going to be missed). My guess is he probably dropped it himself and thought he'd pull a fast one to get his money back, that or he just swapped his damaged copy out for mine and pulled this trick.

Odds are you're not buying an Asian exclusive steelbook for a movie unless you're a steelbook collector, if you're a steelbook collector then you're checking over everything.. At the very least the steelbook when it arrives. You're not missing a dent on the front cover of a glossy steelbook like Man of steel and you're certainly not leaving positive feedback without checking it over. But think what you will.
A reason why I always wait with giving feedback myself when I sell something.

Not necessarily, if something is damaged on eBay whether purchased sealed or not.. Unless it's been disclosed in the listing then eBay will side with the buyer for a refund. Ebay side with buyers most of the time actually.

I sold my Man of Steel manta full slip earlier this year, it was open and mint. The guy received it.. Left positive feedback saying he was happy then messaged to say that it "arrived dented" despite leaving feedback saying he was happy with the item. Long story short eBay sided with him.. I claimed from Royal Mail for the cost and sold the damaged one on for virtually what the mint condition one sold for so was quids in but ebay don't care.

Long story short, a defective item is a defective item and eBay will uphold a case on this basis unless the defect is declared.

I think a seller is protected if he or she stipulates that they are not responsible once an item is opened. Either way, once a buyer opens an item, eBay will side with the seller because customers are required to return items as received.

This might sound bizarre, but I once returned a damaged steelbook and got recharged after an initial refund. Once the seller received the item, he complained to eBay that I didn't return the item with the original bubble bag that it came in and eBay recharged me after refunding me. I had to complain and do a lot of talking for eBay to give me the refund again. Funny enough, I got a refund and the seller got to keep his money - even after receiving my return.

Long story short, once a buyer opens an item or alters the shipment in some way, eBay will side with the seller. I'm assuming if a seller is stuck with an open return, it's because he didn't tell eBay that the item wasn't returned as it was received. Both buyers and sellers need to learn how things work.

Last edited:
This is a question for everybody:

What, if anything, generally happens when somebody decides not to open items like those mentioned above, or even One Clicks and decides to sell them on and it turns out that they were indeed all scratched up?

For example if somebody sold something in a Sell thread on HDN?
Or if it was sold on ebay?

I don't want to derail this thread any further so does anybody know where the best place is on HDN to ask this question?

I would like to get more information from people who have sold or traded here on HDN to other HDN members.

Thank you.

Which is why all these Steelbooks should be numbered somewhere on the inside artwork (on the spine) which will potentially protect sellers against false claims.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry and Covcraig
I don't want to derail this thread any further so does anybody know where the best place is on HDN to ask this question?

I would like to get more information from people who have sold or traded here on HDN to other HDN members.

Thank you.

Not sure to what detail you mean .... but click on a person's name and look at their trader feedback score as a "first" at the very least if concerned.

Reactions: Stygian
@Stygian I'll answer your question for you. If you are a collector, purchasing a sealed edition from another collector then you'd likely know and accept the possibility of the steelbook potentially having defects. It doesn't matter which retailer the release is from, none have 100% perfection record with quality control and some are worse than others..Manta lab being in the spotlight lately for this.

That said, if it hasn't been too long since the release of the purchase and the private seller had sourced via GB or direct then they could arrange for a replacement steelbook to be sent to them and then forwarded on.

If it's ebay then you'd be screwing the buyer completely if you open a case as ebay WILL side with you regardless.

The whole writing in the listing "it's not my responsibility if the item is damaged as it's sealed upon sale" thing is a load of crap and it won't stand on ebay. That's like saying if you buy a boxset sealed from someone..it arrives and you open to find there was no discs in there or one of the discs was snapped you'd have no right to a replacement or refund. It's like anything, if you buy something in a "brand new" condition then you expect it to not be damaged and be functional or you'd be going for a refund... if it arrives in anything less of the condition stated then it is the seller's problem

Thank you.
I believe @StifflersDad accurately answered your question already ;) What else do you want to know buddy? :) I, like many, will always stipulate that it's not my responsibility if a buyer decides to open up an edition only to find it's damaged/defective inside etc (referring to eBay here). That's the risk the buyer has to take if they decide to buy on the secondary market unfortunately. In reality, how can a seller be held accountable if there's factory damage found hidden inside a "sealed item"? Whether eBay take side with a buyer in a case of dispute or not is a separate matter...

If I sold something to someone here "sealed" and they later approached me the Steelbook inside was scratched/scuffed/dented etc, I'd feel bad for them but there's little to nothing I could do as for all I know, it's sealed/mint* :bag: I believe that's the general consensus if you were to purchase through the trading section here on HDN. Most seasoned collectors will realise this :)

(*If it was a recent purchase and I was able to source replacement(s) from the retailer on their behalf, I'd of course do that fyi ;)).

I personally think it's passing the book by stating in an ebay listing that if the item is damaged upon opening then it's not the seller's responsibility.

If we open a steelbook we have purchased via a GB and it has a defect then who do we contact.. the GB host. If we open a steelbook that we have purchased direct and it has a defect then we contact the retailer. To take away that legal right just because you purchased the item and decided to sell it sealed just doesn't seem right, especially when some of these editions go well above retail cost, it's something we'd all do when paying face value, if someone is paying £100 for it on ebay then why shouldn't they be covered also

If I sold something to someone here "sealed" and they later approached me the Steelbook inside was scratched/scuffed/dented etc, I'd feel bad for them but there's little to nothing I could do as for all I know, it's sealed/mint* :bag: I believe that's the general consensus if you were to purchase through the trading section here on HDN. Most seasoned collectors will realise this :)

(*If it was a recent purchase and I was able to source replacement(s) from the retailer on their behalf, I'd of course do that fyi ;)).

Thank you! I was looking for HDN member to HDN member sales information.
Basically I was looking for information regarding the condition of items inside a sealed OC if I were to sell one on to an HDN member and it had flaws like your GOTG Vol. 2 OC (worst case) or like problems with Manta's WW.

I would not want this to happen to anybody on HDN but I'm just wondering what happens if it does?
I'm looking to set up a sales thread for my GOTG Vol. 2 OC. I'd rather it go to an HDN member if it interests somebody rather than go to ebay.

I personally think it's passing the book by stating in an ebay listing that if the item is damaged upon opening then it's not the seller's responsibility.

If we open a steelbook we have purchased via a GB and it has a defect then who do we contact.. the GB host. If we open a steelbook that we have purchased direct and it has a defect then we contact the retailer. To take away that legal right just because you purchased the item and decided to sell it sealed just doesn't seem right, especially when some of these editions go well above retail cost, it's something we'd all do when paying face value, if someone is paying £100 for it on ebay then why shouldn't they be covered also
I think that you do have a point. Sadly the reality is different.

The only way to change things is for people to stop paying inflated prices for a sealed premium steelbook.

People should start valuing open mint premium packages more.

Thank you! I was looking for HDN member to HDN member sales information.
Basically I was looking for information regarding the condition of items inside a sealed OC if I were to sell one on to an HDN member and it had flaws like your GOTG Vol. 2 OC (worst case) or like problems with Manta's WW.

I would not want this to happen to anybody on HDN but I'm just wondering what happens if it does?
I'm looking to set up a sales thread for my GOTG Vol. 2 OC. I'd rather it go to an HDN member if it interests somebody rather than go to ebay.

Perhaps establish the buyers intent when completing the sale, if he wants a sealed edition then its an easy process. If he wants it open then maybe agree to open it after payment, provide pictures then if it has defects then arrange the replacements with blufans beforehand (if there are replacements to be had that is)

It's all very complicated, would be alot simpler if the QC was higher all round with these things

• Thanks

Me personally, I believe buying from the likes of eBay etc for a sealed Steelbook is slightly different from someone buying direct from the retailer and/or GB host. With the latter, you're able to request replacements for damage yourself providing it's done within a reasonable timeframe. With the former (e.g. on eBay) it's difficult as the item may have been OOS/OOP for a long time and it's entirely the buyer's decision to open if they wish. However, if they did, and later discovered something untoward like a scratched Steelbook etc and demanded a refund, how is it fair on the seller to then lose out and receive back the defective, now "open" item?? Even a partial refund in this case I believe to be unfair on the seller. Maybe it sounds tough or harsh, but this is what I understand from my experience as both a buyer and a seller.

Open items however being a different kettle of fish as the seller is able to (or should) openly disclose any discrepancies prior to selling. My advice, if you're looking to buy to open, hunt for the already open/mint copies to avoid any nasty surprises :)

But yes, like you said, it can be very complicated :wacky:

Me personally, I believe buying from the likes of eBay etc for a sealed Steelbook is slightly different from someone buying direct from the retailer and/or GB host. With the latter, you're able to request replacements for damage yourself providing it's done within a reasonable timeframe. With the former (e.g. on eBay) it's difficult as the item may have been OOS/OOP for a long time and it's entirely the buyer's decision to open if they wish. However, if they did, and later discovered something untoward like a scratched Steelbook etc and demanded a refund, how is it fair on the seller to then lose out and receive back the defective, now "open" item?? Even a partial refund in this case I believe to be unfair on the seller. Maybe it sounds tough or harsh, but this is what I understand from my experience as both a buyer and a seller.

Open items however being a different kettle of fish as the seller is able to (or should) openly disclose any discrepancies prior to selling. My advice, if you're looking to buy to open, hunt for the already open/mint copies to avoid any nasty surprises :)

But yes, like you said, it can be very complicated :wacky:
Nope i fully agree and its not harsh. People buying steels on the secondary market are taking a chance and that is THEIR choice. I cannot be held responsible for defects and such that i have no knowledge of. If they buyer wanted to be assured and have a warranty per say then they should have ordered from the retailer or GB at the time it was available and not wait to "get it cheaper later."

I always list with 2 stipulations, buyer pays shipping back and a restock fee. It helps curb this problem a little bit i think.

Anyway this is all way off topic but in the secondary steelbook collecting world its always buyer beware, the sellers are not trying to screw you but there is nothing they can do about some issues and the buyer should know that risk when they make the purchase.

Thank you to everybody for your opinions. They are much appreciated!
Although there are some contradictory thoughts from member to member, your opinions have given me a good idea on how things work and that buyers pretty much understand the risks they are taking on sealed items such as One Clicks since any flaws inside a Blufans box can't be detected from the outside.:thumbs:

The ebay information was helpful as well. :thumbs::)

Nope i fully agree and its not harsh. People buying steels on the secondary market are taking a chance and that is THEIR choice. I cannot be held responsible for defects and such that i have no knowledge of. If they buyer wanted to be assured and have a warranty per say then they should have ordered from the retailer or GB at the time it was available and not wait to "get it cheaper later."

...in the secondary steelbook collecting world it's always buyer beware, the sellers are not trying to screw you but there is nothing they can do about some issues and the buyer should know that risk when they make the purchase.

These are thoughts that I had as well.

I've been reading the scratch comments over the last few pages and having just received mine, you guys are spot on. This is absolutely disgraceful to be passing these off to paying customers. And I'm not even OCD!

DSC07356 (Medium).JPG DSC07357 (Medium).JPG DSC07359 (Medium).JPG DSC07360 (Medium).JPG DSC07358 (Medium).JPG

How do I request about a replacement and do I have to purchase something else for it to be shipped out with? Because this was my first and last Manta order....

• Thanks
Reactions: metal hunter
Got mine yesterday to compare to HDZeta

So Zeta takes the cake here i think for the lentis. They are very clear and good art choices.

Manta lentis didnt quite match up this time BUT the release is still great. The texture and quality of the box and slips is excellent as always.

I wont compare the goodies and talk about the condition of the steels but both steelbooks have great art but i think i like the steel in Manta better.