Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: February 27, 2024
Purchase link: Walmart
Price: $35.49
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

Wonka.jpg

Last edited:
Every steelbook I ordered from Wal Mart has been shipped in a bubble mailer and mostly have come damaged. Returning has been a pain. I usually use PayPal at checkout and Wal Mart has not been able to do the refund in store on a return. Makes me not want to order any steels from WM just yet until they figure out how to properly ship, if they ever do.
1. Use a CC
2. Order 2 of everything and return the worst one.
FWIW, IME WMT, AMZN and BBY all ship in bubble mailers (or something similar to that. Ordering dupes is the only way to semi-ensure that you don’t get hosed.

1. Use a CC
2. Order 2 of everything and return the worst one.
FWIW, IME WMT, AMZN and BBY all ship in bubble mailers (or something similar to that. Ordering dupes is the only way to semi-ensure that you don’t get hosed.
1. Yes, I should
2. Can always get two damaged steels. It’s happened to me before

1. Yes, I should
2. Can always get two damaged steels. It’s happened to me before
It’s possible, but IME ordering 2 mostly works. TBH, the ones iv’e gotten that were damaged were likely damaged before were shipped. Mostly the same with Best Buh, though in 2019 I ordered a bunch of stuff while I was out of the country and it was shipped in a box, but they put in nothing to keep them from shifting and I had to return a bunch of them, but fortunately they were mostly, if not all, still in stock.

I’m definitely of the opinion with Walmart getting steelbooks, they’ll be getting more than Best Buy. 45% of the market share of media must mean they can sell the volume.

I’m hopeful that means more opportunities to do in store pickup without having to rush in during release week.

Okay that does look pretty f**king nice

Hmm, If the amazon U.K. don’t turn out gloss I’ll have to hunt this one down (presuming U.K. has the same finish)

Okay that does look pretty f**king nice

Hmm, If the amazon U.K. don’t turn out gloss I’ll have to hunt this one down (presuming U.K. has the same finish)

Even if the European steelbook is glossy, there'll be one difference that can be of importance for collectors. On glossy steelbooks from the danish Scanavo factory, there's an orange peel effect that you never see on steelbooks from the North America factory.

Take a look at the pic. Sorry for the quality. It would be better with natural light.
I was able to compare glossy steelbooks from the US and fro Europe, there's an obvious difference of quality.

View attachment 573303
Right, I know what you mean now. Yes, I have noticed that with some more recent UK glossy releases. It's not all of them though, so I don't know why that is...

Or perhaps it's just not so obvious with some, contagion for example. You've really got to force yourself to see the pattern.

Morning. Any chances of securing more of these? I have got The Crow in the GB and was really looking forward to adding this to send to UK, but just missed out. Cheers
Same SteelBook is also available to order from Amazon Germany

Thread for german release

Only difference is Jcard and does not include digital copy
Europe SteelBook is also gloss finish with same embossing/debossing

• Thanks
Reactions: spookz