Working Out Thread

I'm boderline religious about my workouts, I don't miss one for anything less than a complete disaster. I stick to the weight room though. I have never tried P90X, but of all the tv workout programs, that seems to be one of the only legit workouts.

The girl that sits next to me at work does it with her husband and she says that it always kicks her butt. If she comes in walking a little funny, I know that the previous night was a P90X night:p

I'd give it a shot one day if I had to put in some cardio or if I could get a free copy somewhere.

So I just started the P90X program yesterday to get in shape... I am trying to lose about 40 pounds.

Anybody else try this program yet (or need too ;))?

I've been thinking about getting it cuz I don't have any gyms near me, so all my workouts are at home. Gonna pick it up in the next couple days off of amazon.

I'm boderline religious about my workouts, I don't miss one for anything less than a complete disaster. I stick to the weight room though. I have never tried P90X, but of all the tv workout programs, that seems to be one of the only legit workouts.

The girl that sits next to me at work does it with her husband and she says that it always kicks her butt. If she comes in walking a little funny, I know that the previous night was a P90X night:p

I'd give it a shot one day if I had to put in some cardio or if I could get a free copy somewhere.

I used to be completely religious about my workouts too. That was, until we had our first child and then we went off to dental school. A buddy and me used to go 5-6 times every week. We used a program that helped us build a lot of strength quickly. Wish I lived near a gym and had a buddy to work out with cuz I got nothing now.

What is P90X?

So far it has been a real kick in the butt... plyometrics video is brutal. Anyway it goes beyond just watching the videos and working out with them.. diet is probably the biggest factor for me. Since I knew I wouldn't be eating pizza or having a pepsi for a while I had half a pizza and a 2 liter Sunday night. I weighed myself and it said 230.8 lbs (pizza and pepsi probably pushed it a little higher) today I weighed myself when I got home 222.6 lbs.

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/p90x.do?code=GOOGLE_SEMB_P90X&gclid=CNrB3Nr6sJwCFSMSagod6DF6jg&ef_id=1908:3:s_32545c9892e22acb52743badcf473685_3894887803:SoyV@NBkOIYAAFj1CLIAAABA:20090820001656

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U90Kk7llC0k

Last edited by a moderator:

The cardio stuff is pretty rough (worse for me cause i am out of shape :D)...

So far it has been a real kick in the butt... plyometrics video is brutal. Anyway it goes beyond just watching the videos and working out with them.. diet is probably the biggest factor for me. Since I knew I wouldn't be eating pizza or having a pepsi for a while I had half a pizza and a 2 liter Sunday night. I weighed myself and it said 230.8 lbs (pizza and pepsi probably pushed it a little higher) today I weighed myself when I got home 222.6 lbs.

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/p90x.do?code=GOOGLE_SEMB_P90X&gclid=CNrB3Nr6sJwCFSMSagod6DF6jg&ef_id=1908:3:s_32545c9892e22acb52743badcf473685_3894887803:SoyV@NBkOIYAAFj1CLIAAABA:20090820001656

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U90Kk7llC0k

No, that's because you didn't poop before you weighed yourself. Then you worked out, worked up a turtle, dropped the kids off at the pool, and then weighed yourself.

:hilarious:

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to work-out. Maybe i'll give this a look. I don't need to lose weight, I actually have a weight index that's fine for my height. 5'6" and 150lbs... but I feel fat as ****. especially when I sit down and just look at my belly roll... lol..

I'm considering 24 hour fitness... but i'm pretty lazy if I don't have a partner. Maybe this thing would be better?

may not be the fastest results in the world but I've switched my diet to:

Breakfast - 1 banana, 1 small bunch of grapes, 1 bagel with a single serving of cream cheese

Lunch - 2 servings of vegetables with a light dip (light sour cream and ranch dip seasoning), 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 apple, and a granola bar if I'm starving.. two hardboiled eggs really is more filling than it sounds

Dinner- whatever the hell is on the table, but it's just portioned a little smaller depending on how many calories is in it and with 2 servings of vegetables.. The idea is to stay under 700 calories if I can

I've been on this regimen for a little over a month and have lost 8 pounds which isn't too shabby considering I've not changed my beer intake nor my levels of activity and I've yet to actually "go hungry"

of course with any diet YMMV

EDIT: I should also mention that I drink only water during the day with the occasional "diet" soda to wake me up in the morning.. so if you're a caffeine head you'll either have to ween yourself off or just endure 2 days of headaches. Caffeine is bad for you mmkay, and with grapes and bananer in the morning you get a natural energy boost from the fruit sugar in the grapes anyways. I've actually found that I feel better after eating grapes and bananer in the morning even if I taste tested a few too many brews the night before.

Last edited:
Switch out some of those carbs with some sort of protein, especially in the morning. Protein keeps you more satisfied so you don't get any more cravings. Plus it goes much further in reducing weight and will even support muscle growth if you decide to start working out!