Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
From IMDB:
With:

Trailer:
Not yet...

Good news Ninjas! (to those who enjoyed the 1st one :p) World War Z Sequel Moving Forward! :LOL: ...without Director Marc Forster. No Release Date.

World-War-Z-Concept-Art.jpg

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=109752

With a worldwide box office take in excess of $535 million for the original film, Paramount Pictures and Plan B entertainment are keen on developing a sequel to director Marc Forster's World War Z. In an interview today with The Hollywood Reporter, producer and star Brad Pitt says that a number of ideas are currently being explored and that Forster is not planning on returning.

"We are talking about it," Pitt says of early sequel plans. "We are going to investigate a script. We have a lot of ideas we will cull from. Nobody is writing just yet, but we are compiling our ideas."

Last month, Forster hinted to ShockTillYouDrop.com that he wasn't necessarily keen on revisiting the zombie apocalypse.

"I like to explore different worlds," he said. "If I haven't done a genre, I like to challenge myself."

The original film, now available on DVD and Blu-ray, also stars Mireille Enos, Daniella Kertesz, James Badge Dale, Matthew Fox and David Morse and adapts Max Brooks' bestselling novel of the same name.

:oohyeah: :scat: :thumbs:

Attachments

• World-War-Z-helicopter.jpg
    World-War-Z-helicopter.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 306
Last edited by a moderator:
Variety is reporting that Paramount Pictures has officially taken their World War Z sequel off the release calendar​

David Fincher and Brad Pitt are re-teaming for World War Z 2!!!!
Rumored last year before the project vanished from the Paramount Pictures release calendar, World War Z 2 appears to have found a helmer in none other than David Fincher! Although World War Z 2 has not yet been given the official green light, today’s report in Variety suggests that confirmation is imminent and that Fincher will be taking the director’s chair, reteaming him with star Brad Pitt. Production would likely begin in early 2018.

WOW! This is awesome!!!!

Rumored last year before the project vanished from the Paramount Pictures release calendar, World War Z 2 appears to have found a helmer in none other than David Fincher! Although World War Z 2 has not yet been given the official green light, today’s report in Variety suggests that confirmation is imminent and that Fincher will be taking the director’s chair, reteaming him with star Brad Pitt. Production would likely begin in early 2018.

WOW! This is awesome!!!!
Never expected that! I enjoyed the first film so was always going to be up for a sequel, but it's instantly just become one of my most anticipated films after hearing Fincher will direct it. :woot:

You heard about this @Flloydo?

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw and Flloydo

WOW! This is awesome!!!!
Never expected that! I enjoyed the first film so was always going to be up for a sequel, but it's instantly just become one of my most anticipated films after hearing Fincher will direct it. :woot:

You heard about this @Flloydo?

image.gif

What the ****!!!!!!!!!

This is amazing news!! Was not expecting fincher to do this

It's going to be epic! Oh man I'm excited I can't control myself - been waiting to see what finchers next project will be and to hear he's doing this and teaming back with Pitt for the 4th time .... Lost for words - they are at their best when together

Cheers for the tag mate

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw and Noodles
View attachment 308420

What the ****!!!!!!!!!

This is amazing news!! Was not expecting fincher to do this

It's going to be epic! Oh man I'm excited I can't control myself - been waiting to see what finchers next project will be and to hear he's doing this and teaming back with Pitt for the 4th time .... Lost for words - they are at their best when together

Cheers for the tag mate
Random question, but since you posted it I couldn't resist... does that gif remind you of Alex Turner at all? I always think it's him at a glance. :rofl:

Ha same here... I'm always wondering what he'll do next. Can't say I ever expected him to be up for something like this though! Will be cool to see how he handles zombies and an apocalyptic type setting. I can just imagine the cinematography now... and oh man the soundtrack!? :OMG:

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw and Flloydo
Random question, but since you posted it I couldn't resist... does that gif remind you of Alex Turner at all? I always think it's him at a glance. :rofl:

Ha same here... I'm always wondering what he'll do next. Can't say I ever expected him to be up for something like this though! Will be cool to see how he handles zombies and an apocalyptic type setting. I can just imagine the cinematography now... and oh man the soundtrack!? :OMG:

Hahahaha, I was going to mention that it think it looks like a 70s Alex turner with his humbug hair and a double chin, that's well funny you said that, I forgot to mention it lol

mate all this is racing through my mind. The look, the colour scheme he goes for, cinematography, music (prob Trent reznor), gore, intensity, other cast. It will all be epic

Can't wait to see fincher tackle zombies and as the goon never happened this will hopefully make up for it

Still annoyed the goon never got funding or the go ahead

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw and Noodles
Hahahaha, I was going to mention that it think it looks like a 70s Alex turner with his humbug hair and a double chin, that's well funny you said that, I forgot to mention it lol

mate all this is racing through my mind. The look, the colour scheme he goes for, cinematography, music (prob Trent reznor), gore, intensity, other cast. It will all be epic

Can't wait to see fincher tackle zombies and as the goon never happened this will hopefully make up for it

Still annoyed the goon never got funding or the go ahead
:hilarious:

Haha glad I'm not the only one then. :p

Aw man... it's going to be epic! I never knew how bad I wanted this until now lol.

Damn, it must be almost 10 years since I first heard about The Goon... I'd completely forgotten about it if I'm honest. Just did a search for it though and came across this article from a year ago which gives me a little bit of hope... http://collider.com/the-goon-movie-update-tim-miller-kickstarter

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
:hilarious:

Haha glad I'm not the only one then. :p

Aw man... it's going to be epic! I never knew how bad I wanted this until now lol.

Damn, it must be almost 10 years since I first heard about The Goon... I'd completely forgotten about it if I'm honest. Just did a search for it though and came across this article from a year ago which gives me a little bit of hope... http://collider.com/the-goon-movie-update-tim-miller-kickstarter

Oh interesting, my bad too - its also been a long time since I heard news or even watched the little animation with fincher talking at the start and I forgot he was going to produce it and not actually direct it, I didn't know who Miller was back then and he would do it justice, it actually suits him more come to think of it

Wasn't Paul giamatti the voice in the test?

Well i hope it happens because I always loved that short plus it worked for Miller and deadpool with fan reactions

Yeah same, I liked world war Z but something wasn't right. And I have 2 mates who read the book and they hate the film because they love how the book is set out so at the time i constantly heard how cr*p it was and they think the film should of been done the same way instead of one story (or a TV series with the multiple stories) but fincher will do this justice. I don't care if it's nothing like the book when he does it and anyway his history of adapting books to film have all been pretty spot on tbh

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Oh interesting, my bad too - its also been a long time since I heard news or even watched the little animation with fincher talking at the start and I forgot he was going to produce it and not actually direct it, I didn't know who Miller was back then and he would do it justice, it actually suits him more come to think of it

Well i hope it happens because I always loved that short plus it worked for Miller and deadpool with fan reactions

Yeah same, I liked world war Z but something wasn't right. And I have 2 mates who read the book and they hate the film because they love how the book is set out so at the time i constantly heard how cr*p it was and they think the film should of been done the same way instead of one story (or a TV series with the multiple stories) but fincher will do this justice. I don't care if it's nothing like the book when he does it and anyway his history of adapting books to film have all been pretty spot on tbh
The Goon kickstarter? That was straight up theft. They took the money and ran.
They just made a demo reel for their studio - and that was not what the money was supposed to be for.

WOW! This is awesome!!!!

Good news. Been looking forward to that sequel.

Hahahha that's scary

It's too funny, her mouth is huge!

I like your avatar - most normal I've seen you have but its very cool

The Goon kickstarter? That was straight up theft. They took the money and ran.
They just made a demo reel for their studio - and that was not what the money was supposed to be for.

Yeah, again this is all new to me because it's been a long time since I read anything on it and with this news today it reminded me of the goon project but I read what noodles posted and never realised they took that money and made a 85 min animation that no one has seen. Very odd and harsh but with the success of deadpool lets hope it all happens still

I love fincher CC so until i see him make a bad film I'll ignore your exorcist 2 comment lol ( bar alien 3)

Every film of his for me is 10/10 (even Benjamin button- which not many like and social network too which is the one I thought I would hate considering I hate Facebook)

I had no clue who Miller was back then either, so hopefully Deadpool has given him the rep he needed to move this forward. My only disappointment is hearing that it'll be PG13 rather than R-rated. But yeah, Giamatti provided one of the voices... and I couldn't quite put my finger on who voiced the main guy (Goon) so Googled it and kicked myself once I saw it was Clancy Brown.

I never read the WWZ book and didn't even of its existence until the film came out, but then I'm not big on books anyway... probably haven't read one from start to finish since I was a kid lol. I didn't know what to expect before seeing the film anyway, so came out pleasantly surprised and found it really entertaining. I especially liked the TLOU vibe it had towards the end.

Hopefully they allow Fincher to do his own thing rather than trying to match the first one. Alien 3 was a good example of how disappointing his work can be when he's forced to go down a different route and try to make a huge blockbuster... that's just not his style.

• Thanks
I had no clue who Miller was back then either, so hopefully Deadpool has given him the rep he needed to move this forward. My only disappointment is hearing that it'll be PG13 rather than R-rated. But yeah, Giamatti provided one of the voices... and I couldn't quite put my finger on who voiced the main guy (Goon) so Googled it and kicked myself once I saw it was Clancy Brown.

I never read the WWZ book and didn't even of its existence until the film came out, but then I'm not big on books anyway... probably haven't read one from start to finish since I was a kid lol. I didn't know what to expect before seeing the film anyway, so came out pleasantly surprised and found it really entertaining. I especially liked the TLOU vibe it had towards the end.

Hopefully they allow Fincher to do his own thing rather than trying to match the first one. Alien 3 was a good example of how disappointing his work can be when he's forced to go down a different route and try to make a huge blockbuster... that's just not his style.

What, this is going to be PG-13?

Hmmmm

I have no idea who Clancy brown is.

Yeah it a very well known novel and it's style is written by singular accounts from various people and interpretations of the war, (check out the audiobook list of names who read it, it's a crazy amount of good voice talent)

But the film went through so many changes it really has nothing to do with the book which really p*ssed off fans of the novel. Not even sure if Gerry is in the novel.

And then re shoots for the film etc and it didn't do too well, I liked it but it could of been miles better

But I have faith in fincher. Not happy it will be pg-13 though!

Luckily alien 3 is his only bad film out of like 10 films

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
What, this is going to be PG-13?

Hmmmm

I have no idea who Clancy brown is.

Yeah it a very well known novel and it's style is written by singular accounts from various people and interpretations of the war, (check out the audiobook list of names who read it, it's a crazy amount of good voice talent)

But the film went through so many changes it really has nothing to do with the book which really p*ssed off fans of the novel. Not even sure if Gerry is in the novel.

And then re shoots for the film etc and it didn't do too well, I liked it but it could of been miles better

But I have faith in fincher. Not happy it will be pg-13 though!

Luckily alien 3 is his only bad film out of like 10 films
The PG-13 comment was in reference to The Goon, not WWZ2. ;)

Have you Googled him? If not, then I guarantee you'll recognise him once you do (he was the main prison guard in Shawshank).

In fact, here's a photo...

68b7a3b4727cdac93a2f269735aa8c1e.jpg

Hmm yeah, I remember all the trouble the first film had... I think all that may have lowered my expectations somewhat. Shame it didn't exactly follow the book like fans hoped, but I'm certainly not going to complain since I enjoyed it. :)

True, he very rarely makes a film that's not worthy of a full 5-star rating. I'm not a fan of his version of GWTDT though... think I may even like that less than Alien 3, which I need to rewatch to be fair, because I haven't seen it since I was in my teens.

• Thanks
The PG-13 comment was in reference to The Goon, not WWZ2. ;)

Have you Googled him? If not, then I guarantee you'll recognise him once you do (he was the main prison guard in Shawshank).

In fact, here's a photo...

View attachment 308442

Hmm yeah, I remember all the trouble the first film had... I think all that may have lowered my expectations somewhat. Shame it didn't exactly follow the book like fans hoped, but I'm certainly not going to complain since I enjoyed it. :)

True, he very rarely makes a film that's not worthy of a full 5-star rating. I'm not a fan of his version of GWTDT though... think I may even like that less than Alien 3, which I need to rewatch to be fair, because I haven't seen it since I was in my teens.

Ohhhhh yeah that's also a shame.

Was gona say I can't imagine fincher agreeing to this and also agreeing to pg13

Oh I recognise him from loads of stuff. Hate shawshank FYI lol

Tbh I was hoping he would do the dragon tattoo trilogy