Would You Buy Steelbooks of Old Games?

Would You Buy Them?

• Yes

Votes: 19 95.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
I wouldn't mind if they started coming out with them

If they were like "Oh we're going to do Steelbooks of Uncharted Drakes Fortune, Bioshock 1&2, Red Dead Redemption, Super Mario Galaxy, Mass Effect 1&2, Portal 2, Dead Space, Nioh etc" then I'd pick them up in a heartbeat.

Just seems silly when you have a game like Mass Effect 3 for example which had a Steelbook for the third entry but the first and second game are missing one. Even something like Uncharted where the second, third entry had steelbooks but the second had that awful border on the top and the third was only in the NA region which looked very bland. It's either they don't get one in past games or they have one in some way but there's inconsistencies

Reasonably priced steelbooks for old games? Absolutely. Full priced re-releases of old games with steelbooks? No thanks.

Of course.

Resident Evil 4 Deserves a good one.
Mass Effect 1 should get one not worth $500.
Red Dead Redemption needs one.
Alan Wake could use one.
Metro Last Light.
Spec Ops: The Line.
Star Wars: Republic Commando.

There's a pretty long list.

Of course.

Resident Evil 4 Deserves a good one.
Mass Effect 1 should get one not worth $500.
Red Dead Redemption needs one.
Alan Wake could use one.
Metro Last Light.
Spec Ops: The Line.
Star Wars: Republic Commando.

There's a pretty long list.

Totally agree, the fact some of them didn't get steelbooks but had collectors editions were ridiculous. I mean if you do a CE then at least add a steelbook. I can't believe RDR got away with not having a CE or Steelbook at all.

Alan Wake, Mass Effect, Red Dead Redemption need one and yes RE4 deserves a better steelbook. They literally could do a Steelbook for RE0, the RE Remake, one for the upcoming RE2 Remake, maybe RE3 Remake (one day it will come) and then RE4...maybe RE5 but for me the series died with RE4. Could do Code Veronica aswell.

I like how Best Buy had a standalone steelbook for Tekken 7. Not a preorder bonus or exclusive bundle. $20 (~£15) for an empty case. Granted it was with the release of the game and not for an old game, but I feel like there would be a small market for retroactively releasing steelbooks for games.

Edit: I think it was free with the game if you preordered through them. But I picked my game up on the Monday before at a Wal-Mart, so I did not get it through them.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: tridon