X-Men: Apocalypse - In theaters May 27, 2016

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Bryan Singer[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]James McAvoy[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Fassbender[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jennifer Lawrence[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Hugh Jackman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Oscar Isaac[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Nicholas Hoult[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Channing Tatum[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Evan Peters[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sophie Turner[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Alexandra Shipp[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tye Sheridan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kodi Smit-McPhee[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Rose Byrne[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ben Hardy[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lana Condor[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Olivia Munn[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ian McKellen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lucas Till[/ACTOR]

Plot: One of the most powerful super villains, Apocalypse emerges and threatens to destroy the planet and its up to the X-men to stop him, with help from some of their old foes.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
cf7kkqeuuaeqame-jpg.233312
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Hey NINJAS! :thumbs: Days of Future Past hasn't even been released and it looks like a sequel has been announced! EEK! :LOL:

In a surprise move, Bryan Singer today revealed the title of the next chapter of 20th Century Fox's popular X-Men franchise. May 27, 2016 will see the release of X-Men: Apocalypse!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=112102

Apocalypse, created by Louise and Walter Simonson, made his debut in X-Factor #6. The world's first mutant, En Sabah Nur was born in Egypt around 3,000 BC and used advanced technology to make himself an eternal conquerer, believing whole heartedly in survival of the fittest.

The character's most popular storyline, "The Age of Apocalypse," ran in the X-Men books beginning in 1995. Set in a paralell reality formed by interference to the timeline, "The Age of Apocalypse" saw Xavier murdered before he could form the X-Men. Instead, a very different take on the team began with Magneto leading them through a post-apocalyptic America ruled by mutants.

Since next summer's X-Men: Days of Future Past involves a time travel storyline, it's likely that a filmic take on "The Age of Apocalypse" could spin out of the film's ending.
Apocalypse Banner.jpg

popcorn2.gif

Attachments

• xmenA.jpg
    xmenA.jpg
    422.9 KB · Views: 450
Last edited by a moderator:
Watched this last night at my local cinema featured under 'X-Men Triple Bill'.

An enjoyable movie with a very predictable ending. Roll on Wolverine 3! :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Drum18
Saw it last night !
I think the way it takes its time to introduce each of the characters is intelligent! It feels like a first x-men movie!

I loved it ! I wanted to see it once again because of everything that happened! A second viewing is a must imo.

Some very spoilery remarks :
- The opening of the movie is visually stunning ! Also, the most striking thing to me was Apocalypse's horsemen at the time, they had the coolest powers ever! Especially the leading lady.

- If you have a tough time with Apocalypse's look from the promos I don't think watching the movie will change it. I don't have anything against it but I don't think it's that different from that first purple picture we saw a long time ago, he is just blue...
I loved Apocalypse but in the end I think we didn't see enough of his power. I just wanted more !! More than just that scene in his mind vs Charles (and Jean). I might need a second viewing though.

- We're not sure Angel dies at the end or not, he ends up crashing with the plane but we get a glimpse at his face under that mess and he is highly bruised and burnt but well he's been turned into a super mutant by Apocalypse so I think he could make it. Psylock remains a bad guy at the end of the film, I hope both come back in the next films. We didn't see enough of them

-Quicksilver's scene is more than you could imagine! ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!

- Hugh Jackman's big scene is not R-rated btw, there's bits of blood left behind him but I thought his sequence was not that exciting. The idea of recreating the weapon x program is really good though! His look is actually perfect and comic-book accurate.

- At the end Jean Grey unleashes the Phoenix, that was THE COOLEST thing ! That is what you call power! I don't know if the Phoenix saga is next in line but it will have to be remade (and well it seems it definitely will)
One only thing, she seemed very much in control after becoming the Phoenix, she was not out of breath or scared that so much power came out of her. I don't know what this means exactly but I thought she would lose consciousness after it or just fall on her knees with no energy left.

Oh dear...Oh dear (n)

I have not been as genuinely disappointed in a film for years. There's been many times when I have read poor reviews and thought what are they saying it was great. Sadly in this case (I didn't read the reviews until after I saw it as I didn't want spoilers) but sadly they are really right, this is a terrible film and I say that with a heavy heart as I have really liked every Xmen film (got all the steelbooks) I even like the ones that noone likes lol

However this is such a bad film. If anyone thought Batman vs Superman was depressing as **** this makes it look that look like a comedy, it is ridiculously slow, I was actually upset watching it, it is just plain boring.

I was writing my review and usually like to use my own words obviously but after I saw the film I read this review and it's words describe it perfectly sadly,
(some bits from the review)

".... It is a lifeless and hollow shell of a picture, lacking exciting action, strong character interplay, or compelling storytelling. It is the nadir of the franchise, determined to make you apologize for every mean thing you’ve ever said about Brett Ratner’s rushed X-Men trilogy capper a decade ago....through all this
a total lack of urgency, a lack of momentum, and because of the utter lack of character development for our newer/younger characters (or much of interest for the veterans), no emotional investment. The entire film seems to want to set up the next stage of the franchise, yet it hamstrings itself by neglecting nearly all of its characters. This is the kind of film where the production notes contain far more character development and thematic elements than what we see onscreen. I won’t outright say that this is the worst X-Men film ever made because X-Men Origins: Wolverine is still that bad. But it is unquestionably the worst “team” X-Men movie ever made, and it is just the kind of film that will lead to so-called “superhero fatigue...." (Scott Mendleson Forbes)

I would go further than the reviewer I think this is easily the worst Xmen. I had preordered the steelbook and came home and cancelled it and I am really **** at that as I spent a lot getting the whole lot as steelbooks but I struggled to get through this film once no matter paying so much for a steelbook of it. I can't express how boring this film is, it was like some super directors cut where they left in all the shi*est bits. The film has no place, very little story. I would honestly suggest people come into the film about 30 minutes from the end which is the only vaguely watchable bit and even then, as I said I haven't been so disappointing coming out of a film in a long time particularly with a franchise I loved.

After seeing Captain America Civil war I did really enjoy it people think I didn't like it and I did, I loved it although I had some small issues with it but after seeing this I felt annoyed I had been even a wee bit critical as compared to this it was incredible so I am now ignoring those tiny issues as in comparison as I said I still was looking forward to seeing civil war again whereas if I never see Xmen Apocolypse again I sadly honestly wouldn't mind.

I'm reading on here people saying ignore the bad reviews it's great, no sadly this time, the bad reviews are spot on this is terrible film and no amount of people saying it's good will change that.

As Arrow would say

"... Bryan Singer you have failed this movie..." :jacked:(n):arghh:

Last edited:
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
i just watched this and i loved it :angel::drool: hopefully there will be some good exclusives for the blu-ray release

Quicksilver was soooooo badass in this film :joy:
3oGRFKJ8Ea3hKkLRyE.gif

i loved the reaction from Magneto when he met Apocalypse for the first time "Who the **** are you?"

Last edited:
Hopefully going to see this on Tuesday and I can't wait

@Flash just had to scroll past your bit really quick so I hope it don't have spoilers

Hopefully going to see this on Tuesday and I can't wait

@Flash just had to scroll past your bit really quick so I hope it don't have spoilers

It doesn't have any spoilers doesn't mention anything specifically only that the film was a huge disappointment, still can't believe how **** it was :(

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
i just watched this and i loved it :angel::drool: hopefully there will be some good exclusives for the blu-ray release

Quicksilver was soooooo badass in this film :joy:
3oGRFKJ8Ea3hKkLRyE.gif

i loved the reaction from Magneto when he met Apocalypse for the first time "Who the **** are you?"

The bit with him went on far too long and if I see that annoying sky advert with him in one more time :banghead: I really am gutted this film was so poor (n)

It doesn't have any spoilers doesn't mention anything specifically only that the film was a huge disappointment, still can't believe how **** it was :(

Ok,

Just see loads of text and skipped straight past just in case it did have spoilers

Reactions: Flash
It was good but kind of expected more considering the Comic book arc was huge a pretty damn brilliant (IMO).

Also how does Mumm get acting work esp in this? (Is it just the fact see hosted a gaming show and therefore relates to people who might like comics?

Also
Too much J-Law,

Oh dear...Oh dear (n)

I have not been as genuinely disappointed in a film for years. There's been many times when I have read poor reviews and thought what are they saying it was great. Sadly in this case (I didn't read the reviews until after I saw it as I didn't want spoilers) but sadly they are really right, this is a terrible film and I say that with a heavy heart as I have really liked every Xmen film (got all the steelbooks) I even like the ones that noone likes lol

However this is such a bad film. If anyone thought Batman vs Superman was depressing as **** this makes it look that look like a comedy, it is ridiculously slow, I was actually upset watching it, it is just plain boring.

I was writing my review and usually like to use my own words obviously but after I saw the film I read this review and it's words describe it perfectly sadly,
(some bits from the review)

".... It is a lifeless and hollow shell of a picture, lacking exciting action, strong character interplay, or compelling storytelling. It is the nadir of the franchise, determined to make you apologize for every mean thing you’ve ever said about Brett Ratner’s rushed X-Men trilogy capper a decade ago....through all this
a total lack of urgency, a lack of momentum, and because of the utter lack of character development for our newer/younger characters (or much of interest for the veterans), no emotional investment. The entire film seems to want to set up the next stage of the franchise, yet it hamstrings itself by neglecting nearly all of its characters. This is the kind of film where the production notes contain far more character development and thematic elements than what we see onscreen. I won’t outright say that this is the worst X-Men film ever made because X-Men Origins: Wolverine is still that bad. But it is unquestionably the worst “team” X-Men movie ever made, and it is just the kind of film that will lead to so-called “superhero fatigue...." (Scott Mendleson Forbes)

I would go further than the reviewer I think this is easily the worst Xmen. I had preordered the steelbook and came home and cancelled it and I am really **** at that as I spent a lot getting the whole lot as steelbooks but I struggled to get through this film once no matter paying so much for a steelbook of it. I can't express how boring this film is, it was like some super directors cut where they left in all the shi*est bits. The film has no place, very little story. I would honestly suggest people come into the film about 30 minutes from the end which is the only vaguely watchable bit and even then, as I said I haven't been so disappointing coming out of a film in a long time particularly with a franchise I loved.

After seeing Captain America Civil war I did really enjoy it people think I didn't like it and I did, I loved it although I had some small issues with it but after seeing this I felt annoyed I had been even a wee bit critical as compared to this it was incredible so I am now ignoring those tiny issues as in comparison as I said I still was looking forward to seeing civil war again whereas if I never see Xmen Apocolypse again I sadly honestly wouldn't mind.

I'm reading on here people saying ignore the bad reviews it's great, no sadly this time, the bad reviews are spot on this is terrible film and no amount of people saying it's good will change that.

As Arrow would say

"... Bryan Singer you have failed this movie..." :jacked:(n):arghh:

Just got back from watching this and I totally agree ^^^:( I wish we had watched Angry Birds instead!

Reactions: Flash
Just got back from watching it. Thought it was good! ...But not the best X-Men film.
Its biggest disadvantage is coming out so soon after Civil War. If I had seen Apocalypse before it, I may have been more impressed.

I can understand why some people might not like it. But I still really enjoyed it.
What I liked about the film & What I didn’t (FULL SPOILERS):
+ Jennifer Lawrence, Jennifer Lawrence, Jennifer Lawrence
+ Cyclops gets his powers
+ Much better Angel then The Last Stand
+ Nightcrawler is fantastic
+ Magneto’s heartbreaking story
+ Quicksilver (Every scene he is in is amazing, He steals the show)
+ Wolverine (Weapon X) Escape Scene
+ Jean / Phoenix Unleashed

- Apocalypse looks kind of silly. Wish they had made him bigger (like in the comics and cartoon) in the real life sequences, not just in Prof X’s head.
- Havoc shafted again (he was my favourite character in First Class and his death lacked the meaning they were going for.)
- No Acknowledgement of Azazel (its the first thing Raven should have asked Nightcrawler about when she found him)
- No Acknowledgement of Raven saving Wolverine in DoFP
- Archangel dies (maybe?) why?
- Psylocke Under used.
- Jubilee barely in the movie.

My order from best to worst:
  • X2
  • X-Men: Days of Future Past
  • X-Men: First Class
  • The Wolverine
  • X-Men: Apocalypse
  • X-Men
  • X-Men: The Last Stand