Price:

steelbook.jpg

Actual Image courtesy kevindublin
1.jpg 2.jpg
3.jpg 4.jpg

Picture kindly sent to us by HMV -
!xmendofp.jpg

It "should" include 3D
i posted this pic i took from inside my hmv store in my town a few posts back, should stick this in the Original post also as it states it is the 3D steelbook and will save confusion.

914E2D5F-0C70-4C32-BF77-7BC18D13A3C9_zps7rol8bt1.jpg
a4uzetyv.jpg

Attachments

• XMenDoFP.jpg
    XMenDoFP.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 791
Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Paul, however, they don't really seem to be all that knowledgeable when it comes to these exclusives. I asked them via Facebook if The Wolverine would be coming into stock in the Irish stores and was simply told that it was a UK exclusive only.
This forced me to commit to the UK group buy on here costing me around €36, there or abouts.
What did I see on the shelves one day while browsing in both HMV Dundrum & one of those Xtravision/HMV chains.. The Wolverine for €30 :angry:

Then again, I did ask them through Facebook so God knows who's managing the replies on there. Prob should have shot their customer service a proper e-mail

I asked instore in HMV in Dublin about Red 2 at the time. The girl made a phonecall (not sure who to-maybe someone in the office there??) and I was told 'No, UK only'. After that I gave up on HMV exclusives.

It's typical 'Screw the Irish again'. I mean is HMV operating in Ireland or not?? This excuse of it's two seperate companies-what's that about? So we don't really have HMV in this country then?? Only the name above a shop front??

You wouldn't go into a McDonalds in any country and be told 'there is no Big Mac'-'only in the U.S'!! Same difference in my opinion. Especially when it's HMV's own exclusives.

I won't even go into the fact that they've added on at least a tenner to all their Steelbooks since they reopened. Typical Irish bullshit! :angry:

Cheers Paul, however, they don't really seem to be all that knowledgeable when it comes to these exclusives. I asked them via Facebook if The Wolverine would be coming into stock in the Irish stores and was simply told that it was a UK exclusive only.
This forced me to commit to the UK group buy on here costing me around €36, there or abouts.
What did I see on the shelves one day while browsing in both HMV Dundrum & one of those Xtravision/HMV chains.. The Wolverine for €30 :angry:

Then again, I did ask them through Facebook so God knows who's managing the replies on there. Prob should have shot their customer service a proper e-mail

The last time it took a few private messages to Hmv to get the Wolverine Available to Pre-order and I will be doing the same for X-Men
Wolverine it was not listed on their website and was only available to Pre-order from in store only and some of the bigger Hmv Shops had them on display for sale after release date
Some staff would not have seen it listed or understood that it was available
It did appear briefly on the website a few weeks after release date but was hard to tell it was the steelbook only by the price you could see it was

But I find it better to ask first on their facebook page and only then after I get the standard reply do I send private message to Hmv

If they get enough people asking they will listen so all of us in Rep Of Ireland who want these steelbooks send them messages on their facebook page and also use the private message that you want
X-Men: Days of Future Past Steelbook Hmv Exclusive
The Amazing Spiderman 2 Steelbook Hmv Exclusive

But do take note if they do end up taking Pre-Orders the price will be a lot more than the UK

Last edited:
Reactions: ihategiantspiders
The last time it took a few private messages to Hmv to get the Wolverine Available to Pre-order and I will be doing the same for X-Men
Wolverine it was not listed on their website and was only available to Pre-order from in store only and some of the bigger Hmv Shops had them on display for sale after release date
Some staff would not have seen it listed or understood that it was available
It did appear briefly on the website a few weeks after release date but was hard to tell it was the steelbook only by the price you could see it was

But I find it better to ask first on their facebook page and only then after I get the standard reply do I send private message to Hmv

If they get enough people asking they will listen so all of us in Rep Of Ireland who want these steelbooks send them messages on their facebook page and also use the private message that you want
X-Men: Days of Future Past Steelbook Hmv Exclusive
The Amazing Spiderman 2 Steelbook Hmv Exclusive

They seriously need to look at their pricing aswell though Paul. I don't know if I'd be willing to pay €30 for this. Especially as this will probably get a world wide release and Ebay will be flooded with them in a few months.

Reactions: ihategiantspiders
They seriously need to look at their pricing aswell though Paul. I don't know if I'd be willing to pay €30 for this. Especially as this will probably get a world wide release and Ebay will be flooded with them in a few months.

I will bring that up with them in regarding the price difference but to be honest I don't expect they will drop the price if they end up letting us Pre-Order

I paid €39.99 for Wolverine Steelbook EEK! but I did want it and paid it
It was handy for me as I live in Navan and the shop is very near to were I live

The UK price was £22.99 but with Rep of Ireland Vat Rate = £23.57 which = €30.00 Euro and they added a extra €9.99 to the price for Pre -orders but it was €30.00 after a few weeks in the Hmv Ireland Shops

So with X-Men Days of Future Past Steelbook in the UK so far been £21.99
With Rep of Ireland Vat Rate that would = £22.55 and in Euro would be €28.23
So the cost will be at a minimum around €29/€30
If they do what they did the last time Pre-Order most likely will be €39.99

I can see X-Men Days of Future Past Steelbook ending up as sold out very quickly so I don't want to miss out and I will order if they let us in Rep of Ireland

Paul, why not just join a group buy mate? Instead of paying that much more then everybody else?

I would have it on the Friday (Release Day in Rep of Ireland )

With Group Buy the Price ends up nearly the same with hdn fees, Paypal fee, packaging and shipping costs when converted to Euro

So I would not really save anything by going for a Group Buy and would be only a few cents if I did

I would not have to wait for delivery

I will be getting this but it would be handier for me if I can just walk into my Hmv Store place a Pre-Order and pick it up on the Friday release day that's why I will be pushing Hmv Ireland to make this available

Last edited:
Absolutely. Being able to pick it up on release day, or before (HMV used to release titles that were due out on Monday early on a Friday) is a huge bonus. But also, in case of potential damage you could return the item to them directly in-store hassle free. HMV Ireland should really look into stocking these exclusives, they could start small by ordering a select few and see what happens. Worst case scenario, they can't shift 'em all, just send them back to the stockists or to the UK branches.

I reakon around November. Maybe even October but im swaying to mid- late November. They should really only charge you £3-£5 for the pre order