Price:

steelbook.jpg

Actual Image courtesy kevindublin
1.jpg 2.jpg
3.jpg 4.jpg

Picture kindly sent to us by HMV -
!xmendofp.jpg

It "should" include 3D
i posted this pic i took from inside my hmv store in my town a few posts back, should stick this in the Original post also as it states it is the 3D steelbook and will save confusion.

914E2D5F-0C70-4C32-BF77-7BC18D13A3C9_zps7rol8bt1.jpg
a4uzetyv.jpg

Attachments

• XMenDoFP.jpg
    XMenDoFP.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 791
Last edited by a moderator:
When looking at that artwork, it doesn't remind me of X-Men at all. More like Terminator movie.

Bad choice of art in my opinion.
i was thinking exactly the same! and thats why i will pass on it....i can not believe what i'm going to say but if all the releases are the same for the steelbook i will go for the USA metal one....n thats that!

Shame that this has become the final artwork, it looks so lazy in my opinion

Oh and what's up with "Hugh Jackman" at the top...if you're going to do that why not a picture of Hugh Jackman with the rest of the cast beside him.

I LOVE this artwork!!! When it releases and that title is debossed, $20 says you naysayers go pick up a copy.

Is it simple? Yes. Is it lazy? Absolutely not. They use a picture of the sentinel from the 70's to convey the aspect of time travel in the movie. Which I think is pure genius! The all black background is there because ANY other color would look ridiculous!

Jackman's name is up there because not only is it a contractual agreement, but also because he is the main focus in the film! Better just one name than EVERYONE's name, right? Would love to hear the whining going on if it had the entire cast's names up there.

This is a simple, but very elegant look in my opinion. EVERY aspect makes TOTAL sense. If it isn't fully glossed, it better be spot glossed. I expect the title to be debossed, but not a deal breaker if it isn't. Personally, I have no complaints and will have this on its way to me day one!

Thanks for sharing the pic, Matt!!!

:D the Italian release is apparently a FuturePak and it looks like it has different artwork to all the Steelbooks so far! (I much prefer it to this artwork, personally.)

The artwork for this may be "simple" but honestly, I find it boring.
I'm seriously tempted to pick up all the US FuturePak's for X-Men (because I prefer them to the Steelbooks in general) and put my UK Amarays inside - I picked up the First Class FuturePak a month or so ago because I loved the artwork on that one.

Thanks for mentioning the contractual reason for Hugh Jackman's name being on it @mlmaier84 that makes sense :)

Last edited:
@MrBMT The italian Futurepak has the same artwork as the US Target release and the Korean one (both Futurepaks) :)
Thanks :) clearly I should check the FuturePak section more often, I wasn't aware of either of those! Just checked it out on target and very nice, I like the inside/back artwork too!
Looks like the Italian FuturePak is definitely the one for me (as it has region B disks).

Reactions: IRON MAN