Price:

steelbook.jpg

Actual Image courtesy kevindublin
1.jpg 2.jpg
3.jpg 4.jpg

Picture kindly sent to us by HMV -
!xmendofp.jpg

It "should" include 3D
i posted this pic i took from inside my hmv store in my town a few posts back, should stick this in the Original post also as it states it is the 3D steelbook and will save confusion.

914E2D5F-0C70-4C32-BF77-7BC18D13A3C9_zps7rol8bt1.jpg
a4uzetyv.jpg

Attachments

• XMenDoFP.jpg
    XMenDoFP.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 788
Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know why people are getting worried that it wont be 3d. It will be 3d, just ignore the guy who knows jack all that works for HMV. I cant remember the last new release (not catalogue) in steelbook from 20th century fox that wasnt 3d in the UK - prometheus, wolverine, percy jackson etc.

I just realised that die hard wasnt 3d in steelbook...... But that wasnt released in 3d at the cinema.

Last edited:
I like the design, and if not 3D, just pick up the amray pack with 3d disc when price drops and replace the steelbook disc with the 3D one - had to do that with other films

Its shocking as how badly organized these new HMV releases are. HMV HQ should know what they are putting out and make a press release. If this is not 3D it will be my final HMV exclusive.

D

I think it'll be 3D and the staff are just clueless. The Wolverine I think was the last HMV superhero steelbook? and that had no mention of being 3D but was – if I recall correctly… I've pre-ordered this and godzilla, if i'm not impressed with them, then I'm not gonna bother with HMV stuff again.

I agree with Kizza, FOX always release 3D steels... Just for completions sake it makes sense due to The Wolverine being 3D...
I highly doubt this will end up a 2D steel ;)

Reactions: Kizza
I like the design, and if not 3D, just pick up the amray pack with 3d disc when price drops and replace the steelbook disc with the 3D one - had to do that with other films

That's great, but I'd prefer not to pay 2 premium fees for the same film, especially when there's already the added cost involved in the group buy for some us that can't even get to a HMV. This could end up costing me £50+ for a single movie, which is crazy. If I didn't already have the other X-Men steels then I probably just forget it, but my OCD would go nuts if I did that...

That's great, but I'd prefer not to pay 2 premium fees for the same film, especially when there's already the added cost involved in the group buy for some us that can't even get to a HMV. This could end up costing me £50+ for a single movie, which is crazy. If I didn't already have the other X-Men steels then I probably just forget it, but my OCD would go nuts if I did that...

Hey, its that OCD that gets us all, its why we collect steelbooks. I had viewed picking up the amray 3D version well down the line (12 months +) on one of those 'buy 3 films for £18' type deals. I agree not ideal in anyway though.

I've also ordered mine through a FOPP store, which I'm told is part of HMV. they didn't seem to sure in the store about the x-man steelbook, and took some convincing that it was in their systems. After a few different search attempts found it though and ordered. Just hope it turns up now. Anyone else ordered through a FOPP store before, I know there use to be one in Bristol as well, but not sure if still there.

Just had it confirmed to me by HMV on twitter that this is a 2D only release. Ordered the 3D steelbook from Amazon.Fr instead, off to cancel my HMV one tomorrow.

So this is 100% *NOT* 3D then.

I know a few people have said they are "off to HMV to cancel". But I simply paid a £10 deposit and stuck my name down... Much like Game/Gamestation and PreOrders, cant I just simply use my £10 Deposit Slip as £10 towards anything in store?