X-Men: Days of Future Past (Rogue Cut) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: July 13, 2015
Purchase link: X-Men: Days of Future Past (The Rogue Cut)
Price: £17.99
Notes: Limited to 3000 copies.
Final art TBD

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg
00.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the look of the steel and would have liked to see this different cut but if you bought first steelbook it's just a rip off for 17 mins extra, I hate when they do that and basically penalise loyal fans who buy early release :(

Have they used the same image of Rogue twice? Front cover and inside?
I've got my eyes on the standard amaray release, it'll go down in price soon enough.

Tesco have also sold steelbooks in the past.

I bought Wolf of Wall Street steelbook from Tesco direct in December. Whilst it's not listed as a steelbook I wouldn't rule it out entirely. Perhaps fire off an email and ask them.

Like the colour scheme and certainly prefer it to the red but wonder what's the situation regarding the figures on the front - will they be embossed or flat as a pancake?

This is listed on tesco direct. Surely a mistake as the picture is clearly a steelbook.

View attachment 171434

If it's a Zavvi exclusive, which it is, I doubt very much that it will be available anywhere else.

As Zavvi is the U.K. 'home of steelbooks' more than a few end up there that were originally listed as Amazon or HMV or Entertainment Store exclusives - I imagine because the original retailer could not shift stock either because they stubbornly refused to lower prices or for some other reason.

I don't think I've seen it the other way around, though I stand to be corrected.

I paid 12.5 euros preordering the French version but that was long ago. You have to pay 14 pounds for the Amaray so if you have a copy on preorder from Zavvi for 18 you might as well keep it, the SB is sold out at Amazon U.K, Italy, Kimichi, Novamedia, and everywhere else as far as I know despite how terrible the art is.
It's the best of all the X-Men movies IMO and unless your happy with a one time rental I don't see an alternative at this point?

If it's a Zavvi exclusive, which it is, I doubt very much that it will be available anywhere else.

As Zavvi is the U.K. 'home of steelbooks' more than a few end up there that were originally listed as Amazon or HMV or Entertainment Store exclusives - I imagine because the original retailer could not shift stock either because they stubbornly refused to lower prices or for some other reason.

I don't think I've seen it the other way around, though I stand to be corrected.
A lot of the time the exclusivity deal runs out. They have exclusive rights for 6 months or a certain period of time and after that other retailers can sell it if there is stock left.

Reactions: virkia
i cancelled my zavvi order and ordered one from amazon.fr

don't care about the French J-card as i plan to open this one

It might end up with the title upside down on the spine like in the picture. The original DoFP had the title in French too, but then, the mock-up had French text which The Rogue Cut doesn't.

Still, it might be identical to the Zavvi version.

I wonder if it will be a matte finish like the new X-men steelbooks released in May.

It's Fox, you can probably count on it.

Their recent output has been matte, recent examples like Taken 3, Elektra, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, The Wolverine and indeed the first release for DoFP. Matte is their default setting. I can only think of Brazil, AvP and AvP2 that are recent(ish) gloss releases.

• Informative
Reactions: Jaxxx and luke98