X-Men: Days of Future Past (Rogue Cut) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: July 13, 2015
Purchase link: X-Men: Days of Future Past (The Rogue Cut)
Price: £17.99
Notes: Limited to 3000 copies.
Final art TBD

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg
00.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
person said about being on tesco direct, the listing written up for blu-ray.
can say its 99% they have just stuck up the wrong picture, like has been done on amazon before with other listings someones cocked up somewhere!

http://www.tesco.com/direct/x-men-d...ue-cut/787-1564.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=787-1564

also zavvi listing says release is for 13thjuly 2015 so there is no way the exclusivity period will be up yet either, as is not even out yet.

also like amazon had a listing up for this as a steel for 3000 but is listed as unavailable

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ZMMMY82/?tag=hidefnin-21

also the pic on amazon for the normal blu ray is below for rogue cut is this which is what tesco should have!

81JIdQlSNAL._SL1500_.jpg

basil :thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:
It might end up with the title upside down on the spine like in the picture. The original DoFP had the title in French too, but then, the mock-up had French text which The Rogue Cut doesn't.

Still, it might be identical to the Zavvi version.

i really hope it's the same steelbook otherwise it's going straight back to amazon and i will have to reorder at zavvi (if it comes back in stock off course but with the number of cancellations i'm pretty confident it will)

person said about being on tesco direct, the listing written up for blu-ray.
can say its 99% they have just stuck up the wrong picture, like has been done on amazon before with other listings someones cocked up somewhere!

http://www.tesco.com/direct/x-men-d...ue-cut/787-1564.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=787-1564

also zavvi listing says release is for 13thjuly 2015 so there is no way the exclusivity period will be up yet either, as is not even out yet.

also like amazon had a listing up for this as a steel for 3000 but is listed as unavailable

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ZMMMY82/?tag=hidefnin-21

also the pic on amazon for the normal blu ray is below for rogue cut is this which is what tesco should have!

81JIdQlSNAL._SL1500_.jpg

basil :thumbs:
That Amazon Listing of the Steelbook is a third party seller this happens a lot with some retailers exclusives steelbooks especially with ones that are from Zavvi the seller lists the steelbook but wont be active until after release date
Previously some of these listings were live before release date but amazon always ended up cancelling customers orders

Amazon should not allow any third party seller put up a Zavvi exclusive listing until after release date as it even more worse as they look as if amazon is the seller when its not

You will see that listing go live after release date and then you will see who the third party seller is

I dont get it! How can ppl buy this crap!??? How!? And why!? >_<
Its just going to let studios know that were fine with bullcrap like this, and theyre gonna keep pumpin it out cause so many swallow their sheit.

Its just going to let studios know that were fine with bullcrap like this, and theyre gonna keep pumpin it out cause so many swallow their sheit.

Extended and director's cuts are nothing new.

It was well known, at least among fans, that The Rogue Cut was coming even before the theatrical version hit home video. This is no different to the extended cuts of The Hobbit movies (which don't interest me) and The Lord of the Rings movies (which did interest me). These days, the extended cuts usually come out on Blu-ray as the first release, either just the extended cut or both versions on the same disc, with the theatrical cut being kept on DVD. The difference being that in those cases, like Taken 2 or Taken 3 (both Fox), the changes are minimal and often involve a different take, CGI blood and audio changes so bringing them straight out is easy.

When a movie undergoes major changes like this, you can expect it to come out later. IMO, the theatrical cut of any movie should always be available on home video, and should really be the first option on the discs menu. Any extended cut purchase is down to the consumer's desire to own it.

The X-Men movies are a huge franchise and make truck-loads of money. It's no surprise that DoFP should find a way to bring in even more. Sure, The Wolverine was extended too, but I imagine the alterations in DoFP are far more extensive than those in The Wolverine. Anyway, I'm looking forward to receiving my copy.

• Informative
Reactions: Blu-devil
I wasnt referring to that its a directors cut. My point was the extremely horrible photoshop work and with a stupid title.

Fair enough, I don't like the art either but it is what it is (and it's the same worldwide). As for 'The Rogue Cut', I guess they've got to call it something and as Rogue being cut out of the theatrical version is so well known, and now she's back in it at least makes sense.

You didn't mention the art in your post, so it seemed you were talking about the overall release.

Well ****, seems like i forgot to cancel my order at Zavvi after pre-ordering the one from Amazon.fr.. :dunno: :LOL:
Whatever, guess i'll have to cancel my other order now.. :D

upload_2015-7-7_13-20-59.png

Why bother subscribing to a zavvi steelbook thread when half the notifications are about the retailer.

I've been apart of this community for a short time and am getting fed up of the constant zavvi discussion despite repeated attempts from moderators asking people to use the retailer thread

I've also been a contributor for a short time and in fact the only reason I started contributing was to post enough to join a group buy for HMV exclusive steelbooks (because I no longer have a local branch and it was becoming a time consuming and uneconomical trek to get to my nearest branch) but then Xtra-vision came along followed by HMV online more recently, thus making the group buy idea moot for me . . .

I've continued to contribute, however, because I've been interested in U.K. steelbooks since the first one and I don't think it's surprising that the names of retailers of steelbooks come up in posts on a regular basis because they are directly responsible for the steelbooks that come through our letter-boxes - if there are issues with a particular steelbook release involving the retailer I personally see no reason why that cannot be mentioned in a steelbook thread . . .
If the comments are picked up by others and there are four or more posts in a row solely relating to the retailer with no mention of a specific steelbook then it can't be hard for these posts to be moved to the respective retailers' threads, surely?
I also feel that mention of Zavvi, or HMV or any of the other retailers, is a pleasing break from the constant moaning either about how horrible the artwork is or how expensive the thing is.

Reactions: Vaako
Reminder, retailer related posts are to be made in the appropriate thread. I just moved a couple there.

On another note, I don't normally like to do the following, but I'll make an exception: regarding your comment @virkia about it not being hard to move posts around, while that may be true, we would certainly appreciate you staying on topic as the mods don't need the extra work with all what we've got going on. Thanks for your cooperation.

Reactions: lgans316
I live in Canada, where's the best/ cheapest place for me to order a Rogue Cut steelbook?

I know there are a few different options (UK, Italy, Czech etc.) and I'm trying to decipher what my best bet is.

"while Fox Home Entertainment's executive vice president of marketing-communications James Finn promised that the Blu-ray would be a "distinct film" with "distinct extras," meaning it won't just be a rehash of the original Days of Future Past Blu-ray. "[It'll be] complimentary to DOFP Blu-ray but not repetitive," said Finn on Twitter. "

I firmly believe this sets a worrying precedent, here you have a studio exec using the words "not repetitive" for a recut where all but 15 minutes have been seen before,define repetitive Mr Finn.

I also believe that the Rogue Cut isn't just an afterthought, it's been designed this way from the very beginning with the wholesale removal of a character and it's reinsertion planned for a long time. It's a revenue generator, for me the worry is that future movies may well have execs like Mr Finn having a say and truncating may become rather popular to the extent that you'll never know if you're watching the original vision or whether something that should be on screen is being held back for another release.

Last edited: