X-Men: The Last Stand (DVD Steelbook) (Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada]

stinkofdefeat

On "Vacation"
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
N.B., Canada
I came across this Steelbook at a used DVD shop while on vacation for $6! EEK!

Thought I would share some pics of it because it truly is an awesome steelbook.

Does anyone know if this release was only at Future Shop and also if it only came with 1 disc, as it has space for 2 discs?

XmenLastStand.JPG

XmenLastStand4.JPG

XmenLastStand2.JPG

XmenLastStand3.JPG

And here is a pic of my X-men Steels, really rounded out the collection.

XmenSteels.JPG

Attachments

• XmenLastStand.JPG
    XmenLastStand.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 443
  • XmenLastStand2.JPG
    XmenLastStand2.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 434
  • XmenLastStand3.JPG
    XmenLastStand3.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 530
  • XmenLastStand4.JPG
    XmenLastStand4.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 428
  • XmenSteels.JPG
    XmenSteels.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 443
Last edited:
That is one G1 steel I would love to own. Thanks for sharing the pics buddy. I would get it and put my game in the game in the case. Thanks alot, now I have to try and track this one down.:D

---------- Post added at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

You have quite a find there, I can not locate it at all. Very rare and it is supposed to have 2 disc. I don't know why I told you all that, now you'll never send me one. LOL

Reactions: stinkofdefeat
That is one G1 steel I would love to own. Thanks for sharing the pics buddy. I would get it and put my game in the game in the case. Thanks alot, now I have to try and track this one down.:D

---------- Post added at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

You have quite a find there, I can not locate it at all. Very rare and it is supposed to have 2 disc. I don't know why I told you all that, now you'll never send me one. LOL

Sorry man, :hilarious:, it was just too nice a steel to hide! :D

From what little info I read on google, at one time this was the rarest of all DVD steels and fetched a pretty penny on ebay.

I wonder what the value is now though. :wtf:

I might help you getting one :p

I have to admit that is a very nice looking steel. Great find!! Makes me wonder how much the extremely rare bluray steels will fall in price once a new format hits the market :ohno:

I have to admit that is a very nice looking steel. Great find!! Makes me wonder how much the extremely rare bluray steels will fall in price once a new format hits the market :ohno:

I know, it's something I'm worried about as well. It seems that with all the blu ray steels coming out, and the constant threat of re-issues, old rare steels are just not that valuable anymore. I remember when Terminator Salvation FS exclusive ironpack used to be worth a lot, I saw a couple in like new condition go for under 45 $ a few weeks ago on ebay!

Reactions: Arbsy
I know, it's something I'm worried about as well. It seems that with all the blu ray steels coming out, and the constant threat of re-issues, old rare steels are just not that valuable anymore. I remember when Terminator Salvation FS exclusive ironpack used to be worth a lot, I saw a couple in like new condition go for under 45 $ a few weeks ago on ebay!

Ya it is unfortunate. I have always collected because I enjoy it, not for the value but it does make a steel feel extra special when it sells for ridiculous amounts on the net lol. Value will decrease eventually but I dont think I will enjoy collecting any less. It just means I can finally get an Iron Man steel in my collection for under $500 :scat:. I wonder what the big collector draw will be for the next format? I do not recall steelbooks being that popular when DVD was out, but I could be wrong since I was not a huge collector of the DVD format.

Reactions: Ataneruo
Ya it is unfortunate. I have always collected because I enjoy it, not for the value but it does make a steel feel extra special when it sells for ridiculous amounts on the net lol. Value will decrease eventually but I dont think I will enjoy collecting any less. It just means I can finally get an Iron Man steel in my collection for under $500 :scat:. I wonder what the big collector draw will be for the next format? I do not recall steelbooks being that popular when DVD was out, but I could be wrong since I was not a huge collector of the DVD format.

I'm still hoping that one day I will find a used copy of IM FS steel sitting on a shelf for 10$ . That would make my day. I honestly don't know what the next big collector draw would be. I'm really into Scream Factory and Arrow Video releases, with reversible covers, nice slipcases and booklets. Hopefully that catches on for mainstream releases. I'd love to see HMV Canada produce more interesting collectibles as well. I really liked the glow in the dark Paranorman slipcover, but thought that subsequent exclusive releases have been somewhat lacking (magnets, t-shirts, etc.)

Reactions: Ataneruo