Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 2 Votes
Title: X-Men: The New Mutants (2018)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: Josh Boone

Cast: Anya Taylor-Joy, Maisie Williams, Charlie Heaton, Blu Hunt, Henry Zaga, Alice Braga, Happy Anderson, Thomas Kee, Mickey Gilmore

Release: 2018-04-13

Plot: The story of the New Mutants, a team of mutant heroes comprised of the first graduates from Charles Xavier's school.

Attachments

• 35f140a80484dee332de037ef2510b3b.jpg
    35f140a80484dee332de037ef2510b3b.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 813
This looks awesome! Soooo much more straight-up horror than what I was expecting.

I can't wait to see Anya Taylor-Joy as Magik. I think she's gonna steal the show! And the Demon Bear! Ohhh, boy -- when the Demon Bear first appears, it's gonna be horrifying! :D

I feel the exact same way! Then again, I've enjoyed most of what Fox has done with the X-Men films. It wasn't until Days of Future Past until you really started to see that improvement, though.

Can't believe we're getting three X-Men films next year! :OMG::woot:

I have a few questions about the film...

What time period is this in? (Where does this take place on the x-men-u timeline?)

Are characters like Lockheed in this?
...we saw him in the storyboard animation you posted @tridon But after seeing the trailer it almost seems like having a little purple dragon running around wouldn't really work?
and will Magik have her SoulSword? has to right?
I wonder if there is a tonal shift in the film, where it turns less horror as they learn to control their powers and becomes more action / suspense?

Anyways this film has me very excited. I may actually be the most excited for this one out of the 3 (until I see the Deadpool 2 trailer, haha).

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon

What time period is this in? (Where does this take place on the x-men-u timeline?)

...we saw him in the storyboard animation you posted @tridon But after seeing the trailer it almost seems like having a little purple dragon running around wouldn't really work?
I wonder if there is a tonal shift in the film, where it turns less horror as they learn to control their powers and becomes more action / suspense?

Anyways this film has me very excited. I may actually be the most excited for this one out of the 3 (until I see the Deadpool 2 trailer, haha).

Looks like some of my questions were answered here:

• Thanks
Reactions: Drum18 and tridon

Magik is the sister of Colossus, so I'm very curious to whether this'll take place in Bryan Singer's X-Men universe or the Deadpool one (or maybe neither).

Anyway, if they are still going off of the Demon Bear storyline from the comic, the Demon Bear is connected to Mirage (hence all the hellish imagery). Magik is directly connected to the Limbo dimension (essentially Hell), and she is helps Mirage stop the Demon Bear. If Magik opens the portal to Limbo, Lockheed could come through that portal. As for the SoulSword, she didn't acquire that until later on in the series, so there's a good chance that may not appear here.

I believe this'll have a tonal shift, though. It has to. I guarantee that all of the hellish imagery in the trailer is being caused by Mirage. The only thing that throws me off is the creep in the smiley mask. That could be Warlock (a different Warlock than the one teased in GotG Vol. 2), but if it is, he'd be looking a lot different in the film than the comic books.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
Oh man, this looks freaking amazing! Wasn't expecting it to be anything like that at all. Super excited for this now, and that's coming from someone who isn't a horror nut.

@Flloydo @tridon @bloodsnake007 Check out the trailer! :OMG:

Cheers

This is a marvel/ fox/ x men film???!!! Well I wasn't expecting that. Looks like a well made indie horror, even with the title graphics that pop up in black and yellow.

Looking forward to this a lot more now

@tridon 3 x men films? What's the third one. I only know of this and dark Phoenix (or whatever the name of it is)

... Oh unless gambit is next year but I'm guessing that's 2019 now a director has been named

Cheers

This is a marvel/ fox/ x men film???!!! Well I wasn't expecting that. Looks like a well made indie horror, even with the title graphics that pop up in black and yellow.

Looking forward to this a lot more now

@tridon 3 x men films? What's the third one. I only know of this and dark Phoenix (or whatever the name of it is)

... Oh unless gambit is next year but I'm guessing that's 2019 now a director has been named

The New Mutants, X-Men: Dark Phoenix, and Deadpool 2... all in 2018. :D

NOOOO!!!! :wtf:!!!
Release date for this has been pushed back from April 13, 2018 to February 22, 2019.

We have to wait another year for this!? BAH!

What the hell?! Why is it getting bumped by nearly a year?! This is infuriating!

The Disney/Fox deal better not screw up this film's release. :angry:

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
What the hell?! Why is it getting bumped by nearly a year?! This is infuriating!

I know right!? I was getting super excited that this was only a few months away.
It was in my top 5 of films I cant wait to see in 2018!

Apparently the reasoning is:
"THR says that their sources tell them one reason for the change is because Fox actually has too many X-Men movies on their slate and don’t want their to be confusion in some foreign markets, where New Mutants and Deadpool 2 would have been in theaters at the same time."

I don't buy that for a second. These two films are SO different. I don't think there would be any confusion at all.
My worry is that films sometimes get pushed back like this, its because they are not very good... hopefully that isn't the case here.

• Thanks
I know right!? I was getting super excited that this was only a few months away.
It was in my top 5 of films I cant wait to see in 2018!

Apparently the reasoning is:
"THR says that their sources tell them one reason for the change is because Fox actually has too many X-Men movies on their slate and don’t want their to be confusion in some foreign markets, where New Mutants and Deadpool 2 would have been in theaters at the same time."

I don't buy that for a second. These two films are SO different. I don't think there would be any confusion at all.
My worry is that films sometimes get pushed back like this, its because they are not very good... hopefully that isn't the case here.

I don't buy that either. They moved Deadpool 2 up on the schedule. They could've pushed that a week or two if they were worried about it interfering with New Mutants. A 10-month delay is ridiculous!

A delay that huge means reshoots... and I can only imagine that they're changing the ending of the film. I bet it had a cliffhanger-like ending where it set up the future of these characters. They're probably going to change it to a more definitive ending since we'll likely never see these characters again if that Fox/Disney deal goes through.

• Thanks
A delay that huge means reshoots... and I can only imagine that they're changing the ending of the film. I bet it had a cliffhanger-like ending where it set up the future of these characters. They're probably going to change it to a more definitive ending since we'll likely never see these characters again if that Fox/Disney deal goes through.

Yeah I have a feeling there will be a bunch of reshoots too...

I know it seems a little early... but maybe they really like what they have done here and they are retooling it to possibly be MCU connected if they wanted? work it in somehow?
I know Dark Phoenix will probably be the last X-men movie in that universe, and maybe New Mutants has things that connect into it... (like a James McAvoy cameo?).

So maybe they are removing things and retooling it so it could possibly keep going?
Doesn't make much sense to start a new franchise only to kill it.

(I know this is highly unlikely... but you never know.)

• Thanks
NOOOO!!!! :wtf:!!!
Release date for this has been pushed back from April 13, 2018 to February 22, 2019.

We have to wait another year for this!? BAH!

DELAYED!? :mad:
giphy.gif

• Thanks
Woah... 10 months... they're redoing the film for sure... not buying the "2 movies at the same time" bs as it was always planned this way.... let's hope for the best for this movie.

The New Mutants has been pushed back again!!! :angry:

Fox has moved their release date from February 22, 2019 to August 2, 2019. That means the film has been pushed back a total of 16 months now!

...And here I was excited for all the X-Men films this year. :(

• Helpful Post