01.jpg

xandercage_i1_0629-fit-to-width-431x431-q80-png.309668
xandercage0623-fit-to-width-431x431-q80-png.309669
m2223610.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
4K+BD...
After the 3D... now the 4K gimmick...
Ah i didnt even notice it was 4K...
But wait...:confused:...that doesnt make sense at all!!!

Assassin's Creed - 32.99 for BD/DVD
Beauty and the Beast - 34.99 for BD/DVD
XXX 2 - 36.99 for 4K/BD/DVD

o_O

I guess you are right, just another gimmick...

There have been a few decent upscales on movies even with the 2K finish. It is definatly preferable to have 4K to start with though! Hopefully the HDR is effective.
Pacific Rim is probably the best example for this. Every review i read was positive. Man of Steel was also said to be a good upscale but apparently not as good as PR.

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
There are lots of videos comparing Blu-ray and UHDs in YouTube.

95% of the UHDs look better even up-scaled, however, in order to appreciate the difference, you need a bigger screen and being seated from a short distance (about 5-6ft from a 65 inch screen). This is where it becomes difficult to mass market UHD TVs as not many can afford to fit such big TVs in a normal home (especially in countries like UK and Japan) and many wont like to be seated from such a short distance.

UHD at the moment is for hardcore Videophiles. It will slowly gain momentum like Blu-ray did. I have been collecting HD DVDs and Blu-rays since they were out and it took Blu-ray at least 3-4 years to become mainstream.

For those are love 3D, all it takes is the consortium to announce UHD 3D Blu-rays and the hate towards UHD will disappear in no time but for the time being it looks highly unlikely.

90% of the Video-philes whom I know or befriended in various AV science forums don't like 3D. I don't consider HDN a AV science forum as many here are after collectibles and don't care much about the science.

Last edited: