Lone Crusader

The Savage Ninja!
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Nov 24, 2011
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
AppAdvice
iPhone5-1-642x347.jpg

Last month, rumors circulated that Apple would use Liquidmetal for the backing of the next iPhone. Now, we’ve got an idea of what that design could look like, courtesy of the French site, No Where Else.

As you can see, this “iPhone 5” design, created by French designer Antoine Brieux, is absolutely stunning. Not only does it include a larger 4.5-inch widescreen display, but also notice there is no physical home button. In addition, the handset includes a 10MP camera, Quad-core A6 chip, and an embedded SIM card.
iPhone5-5.jpg

iPhone5-3.jpg

Created exclusively by Liquidmetal Technologies, the metal is said by its developers to be hardwearing and able to withstand thermal cycling. Coincidently, since 2010, Apple has owned the exclusive rights to use the material in electronic products. The iPhone 4S/4 includes a glass backing.

We’re pretty sure Apple isn’t going to release an iPhone with a 4.5-inch screen, nor one without a physical home button. Still, we can hope!

AcIdC0R3: Well, if it's like this it will be the hottest phone on the market. Everybody will be scrambling to get one, including me. :drool:

Reactions: Sixteenvolt420
That's a really nice concept. I like the curvy design. Although due to my horrendous experience with a previous iPhone I am never going back regardless of how pretty they make them.

wow that looks awesome if that is indeed what the next iPhone will be like. It might even make me get a new one.

You guys aren't going to believe this but Im still using the original iPhone. I remember I bought in the summer of 2007, lol.

I was due for an upgrade in March, but the iPhone 4s didn't have enough to make me want to upgrade my regular iPhone 4. I'll definately be holding out on my upgrade until the iPhone 5 is released. I can't ever see myself getting any other phone than an iPhone anymore. I love them too much.

^^^ lol, I know. My phone company has offered my numerous incentives to upgrade over the years but I keep passing. Ill just buy my next phone cash like I did my last and have no contract.

I was due for an upgrade in March, but the iPhone 4s didn't have enough to make me want to upgrade my regular iPhone 4. I'll definately be holding out on my upgrade until the iPhone 5 is released. I can't ever see myself getting any other phone than an iPhone anymore. I love them too much.

^^^ agreed. iPhone all the way.

Found this on isource:
Liquidmetal Alloys Not Coming to Apple Products Anytime Soon

Posted on 02 May 2012 by Alex Jordan
There are a lot of people speculating, if not outright guessing, that the next-generation iPhone will see a design overhaul. This very well might be the case, but the material used for this new design is also, of course, unknown.
At this time, it’s worth noting that Apple gained exclusive rights to Liquidmetal Technologies’ amorphous metal alloys for use in consumer electronics back in 2010. This alloy showed up in use with the iPhone 3G SIM removal tool.
A interview from Business Insider, with Atakan Peker, an investor at Liquidmetal, holds a statement wherein Peker claims that Apple will likely not be able to use the alloys as a major component of their products for at least two to four years.
This isn’t to say that Apple won’t have a use for the alloy, on a smaller scale, before that time, but manufacturing at any large scale that might be needed to make, say, product cases, will not be feasable for some time.
It is worth pointing out that Peker does not have access to any of Apple’s plans, but does expect the company to use the alloy in a big way in future products. The alloy stands out in it’s strength and durability, while also having the capability of being molded into complex shapes. This could lead to some interesting innovations in the future.
So the take away here is that Apple will very likely use this metal alloy in the future, and in a really big way. It just seems that it will be a few years before that happens. We’ll see in due time I suppose.

ColombianLove41
Using Tapatalk on iPhone 4

I liked the slimness of the iPhone 3 and I hope that they bring that back in the next iPhone. As for a larger screen, I think if Apple expands the screen to reach the sides all the way they could get more screen real estate without making the actual phone larger. I hope that they do that. In any case I'll probably get one no matter what.

I liked the slimness of the iPhone 3 and I hope that they bring that back in the next iPhone. As for a larger screen, I think if Apple expands the screen to reach the sides all the way they could get more screen real estate without making the actual phone larger. I hope that they do that. In any case I'll probably get one no matter what.

Agreed Acid. That would be awesome indeed. I need to upgrade my iPhone 2, LOL. :D

Believe it or not, I don't like them :dunno:

Plus I work from home so I don't really feel the need to have one.

Yeah but what if your vehicle broke down on one of your road trips to the many Future Shops that you visit. You'd be stranded without a way to call for help. EEK! Then because you broke down with no way to call for help you missed the rest of the Future Shops that you had planned for that day and all the steelbooks were bought by other people and you missed out and you came up short for one of your group buys. Then someone here on the forum would be :( because you couldn't get them there steelbook. All could have been avoided if you had a simple cell phone. :rolleyes: These are modern times bro and hitchhiking to the next Future Shop is dangerous. :ohno:
3D_Phone.gif