You Were Never Really Here - In theaters April 6, 2018

Flloydo

That's not a skirt girl, that's a sawn off shotgun
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Ur mum
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: You Were Never Really Here (2017)

Genre: Drama

Director: Lynne Ramsay

Cast: Joaquin Phoenix, Ekaterina Samsonov, Alessandro Nivola, Alex Manette, John Doman, Judith Roberts, Ryan Martin Brown, Jason Babinsky, Frank Pando, Kate Easton, Madison Arnold

Release: 2017-10-05

Runtime: 95

Plot: A missing teenage girl. A brutal and tormented enforcer on a rescue mission. Corrupt power and vengeance unleash a storm of violence that may lead to his awakening.

Last edited by a moderator:
(Can't find a thread for this on the search or through Google)

Just found about this. Was released back in May in France. Have no idea about the rest of the world

It looks absolutely incredible and can't wait to see it. He's one of my favourite actors and his performance looks intense

A bit taxi driver meets drive looking

Apparently its Cannes film festival premiere it had a 7 minute standing ovation at the end of the screening

Scores by greenwood are always a moody winner too

@Noodles

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and kaw
(Can't find a thread for this on the search or through Google)

Just found about this. Was released back in May in France. Have no idea about the rest of the world

It looks absolutely incredible and can't wait to see it. He's one of my favourite actors and his performance looks intense

A bit taxi driver meets drive looking

Apparently its Cannes film festival premiere it had a 7 minute standing ovation at the end of the screening

Scores by greenwood are always a moody winner too

@Noodles
Damn, this looks amazing! Love Joaquin too. And if that wasn't already enough... it's from the director of We Need to Talk About Kevin and features music by Jonny from Radiohead. Consider me sold! :D

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Damn, this looks amazing! Love Joaquin too. And if that wasn't already enough... it's from the director of We Need to Talk About Kevin and features music by Jonny from Radiohead. Consider me sold! :D

I still need to see that film. There's a few films on my want to see list and this just jumped to the top shared with IT. And also on the list is Thor 3 and last Jedi

Noticed the OP was edited which is fine because I couldn't find a release date anywhere but the genre has changed to drama but I put it as thriller (which is what it's labelled as - obviously drama too). Don't matter but I'd class this thriller over drama

Reactions: Noodles
I still need to see that film. There's a few films on my want to see list and this just jumped to the top shared with IT. And also on the list is Thor 3 and last Jedi

Noticed the OP was edited which is fine because I couldn't find a release date anywhere but the genre has changed to drama but I put it as thriller (which is what it's labelled as - obviously drama too). Don't matter but I'd class this thriller over drama
It's a great film mate, so I definitely recommend checking it out as soon as you get the chance. I actually hated it the first time I saw it though... the kid really annoyed me, but then I suppose you're meant to find him irritating lol (you'll realise why when you see it). It was the first time I'd ever come across Ezra Miller too.

I didn't update the OP, but whoever did would've simply put in the TMDB code which automatically updates and transfers their info into the thread OP, so it's them (TMDB) who are to blame for the incorrect genre. I'll fix it now. ;)

• Helpful Post
It's a great film mate, so I definitely recommend checking it out as soon as you get the chance. I actually hated it the first time I saw it though... the kid really annoyed me, but then I suppose you're meant to find him irritating lol (you'll realise why when you see it). It was the first time I'd ever come across Ezra Miller too.

I didn't update the OP, but whoever did would've simply put in the TMDB code which automatically updates and transfers their info into the thread OP, so it's them (TMDB) who are to blame for the incorrect genre. I'll fix it now. ;)

I will check it out. Was supposed to a while back but forgot

It's no problem. Just wondered if I got the wrong info but I see it labelled as a thriller.

Oh right didn't realise that. How do I do that for future reference because I use a phone so I typed in all the info. I always see new film news but don't paste or create threads because it takes too long for me. So if there's a quicker way to pull the info from somewhere I'll do that in the future. I only did this one because film looks epic and couldn't believe there wasn't a thread considering it already had a premiere

I will check it out. Was supposed to a while back but forgot

It's no problem. Just wondered if I got the wrong info but I see it labelled as a thriller.

Oh right didn't realise that. How do I do that for future reference because I use a phone so I typed in all the info. I always see new film news but don't paste or create threads because it takes too long for me. So if there's a quicker way to pull the info from somewhere I'll do that in the future. I only did this one because film looks epic and couldn't believe there wasn't a thread considering it already had a premiere
I'm not sure how everything looks/works on mobile devices, so it may be different to when doing it on a computer... but when you go to create a new thread in this section, you should be able to just copy and paste the TMDB code (I'll explain that below) into the thread title, then just simply post it and it'll automatically add all the info.

This is the TMDB site:
https://www.themoviedb.org

Search for the film you want on there... so in this instance you should find the following page:
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/398181-you-were-never-really-here

Then copy the first numbered part of the URL I've highlighted above and paste that as the thread title, click 'post' and bam you're done! :thumbs:

• Helpful Post
I'm not sure how everything looks/works on mobile devices, so it may be different to when doing it on a computer... but when you go to create a new thread in this section, you should be able to just copy and paste the TMDB code (I'll explain that below) into the thread title, then just simply post it and it'll automatically add all the info.

This is the TMDB site:
https://www.themoviedb.org

Search for the film you want on there... so in this instance you should find the following page:
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/398181-you-were-never-really-here

Then copy the first numbered part of the URL I've highlighted above and paste that as the thread title, click 'post' and bam you're done! :thumbs:

Oh right, cheers. Very simple.

So just the numbered part As the thread title and bam. Coolios

Cheers mate

Oh right, cheers. Very simple.

So just the numbered part As the thread title and bam. Coolios

Cheers mate
Yep, just the numbered part. Although you may sometimes get an URL like "398181-5974", in which case you ignore the numbers after the dash and just copy the numbers before it. ;)

• Thanks
AMAZING new Poster!!! (This NEEDS to be used for the Blu-ray release!)

DT2K2iHU8AAFMwN.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
DAMN! :OMG: I can't believe I just found this thread! This film looks fu**ing awesome! :drool: :cool: :notworthy:

Last film I saw of Joaquin Phoenix was Her, so this trailer has me pumped! :thumbs:

• Thanks
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database