Young Frankenstein (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi / MCM Expo Comic Con Exclusive) [UK]

Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Steelbook collectors should definitely stop by our stall (1361) at MCM Expo Comic Con... We'll be selling an Ultra Limited run of the Young Frankenstein #Steelbook with this electrifying artwork. Only 1000 copies! Good ol' Igor, we're glad he made the back cover.

Any unsold copies should be available online within a few days of event.
Via Zavvi Facebook page
Group Buy Hosted by: Naughtius Maximus < (Sold out)!

10697414_10152317061050146_2605977833952145561_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The MCM Expo is a very busy convention, but mainly for teenage cosplayers and anime fans.

Had Zavvi decided to release an anime exclusive, I could guarantee it would've sold out over the weekend. Will they sell 1000 'Young Frankenstein' steelbooks? Honestly I doubt it, as it's not the right market. They would've been better off doing the London Film & Comic-Con (ran by Showmasters) as they feature a more diverse crowd.

Reactions: Last Lizard
Last edited:
Hmmmm might pop down tomorrow since it is only two stops from work but £15 entry fee just to get this need to know how much it will cost to buy.

Bit of a p*** take it's only at the convention. I mean they better give us another Young Frankenstein Steelbook for the store.

It's a little unfair...

UK Exclusive? More like London exclusive.

A rather hefty kick in the ball-sack for anyone who is unable to go to Comic Con this weekend. I don't really understand what Zavvi hope to gain from this, aside from pissing off even more of their faltering customer base. They are hardly doing anyone a favour by limiting where and when these can be obtained, and I bet the show will be full of scalpers looking to cash-in on eBay straight away!

The choice of title doesn't really fit in with the convention though, and they would have done better to secure something like a Ghost Rider or Fantastic 4: Rise Of The Silver Surfer SteelBook or something which comic fans would actually want, but unique to the event. Am I right in thinking that this artwork has previously been used on Canadian or American releases, and wasn't it also part of a limited edition wave of releases which had similar style artwork?

I would be interested in joining a group buy for this. Like the majority of people here, I do not live in London, therefore I cannot attend the MCM Expo. I'm not willing to travel halfway around the country and back again just to obtain a £15 SteelBook, when the admittance and travel costs would make this extremely unrealistic, not to mention time involved. If anyone who is attending manages to grab a spare copy, I would definitely be interested in trading

Am I right in thinking that this artwork has previously been used on Canadian or American releases, and wasn't it also part of a limited edition wave of releases which had similar style artwork?

Yes, this is the exact same artwork that was used for the limited edition SDCC (San Diego Comic Con) here in the US earlier this summer, though it was on a limited edition slipcover/amaray, not a steelbook.

Just bought the first copy, mainly as I'm doing some work at MCM.

Early customers get some freebies: a scratch card for money off online, I got a t-shirt (Shadow of Mordor) and some gubbins. The steel is pretty nice.

Massive heads up though. You can ONLY pay via card, so bear that in mind.

Just bought the first copy, mainly as I'm doing some work at MCM.

Early customers get some freebies: a scratch card for money off online, I got a t-shirt (Shadow of Mordor) and some gubbins. The steel is pretty nice.

Massive heads up though. You can ONLY pay via card, so bear that in mind.

:thumbs:

How much did the SB cost ?