Your Favorite Scene From Your Favorite Movie

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
f.jpg

Neither a clip from a Matrix film or a Kate Beckinsale movie?
Your love is fickle.:LOL:
You think i wasnt tempted to put those first? I was pondering for a while but i didnt want people to get tired seeing me ALWAYS post those :p
BUT, you'll be glad to know they're coming, LOTS of them :D

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
So without further ado, the greatest opening of all time... :happy:

Trivia: The Wachowaski brothers [Trivia(ception) - They are sisters now] first approached the studio with a projected budget of $60 million. The studio was unwilling to give them that much and instead offered them $10 million to shoot the film. The brothers spent the entire $10 million on this opening scene and impressed the studio enough that they gave rest of the $60 million to finish the movie.

...and a bit of an educational video regarding this opening scene if you are interested

Night of the Demon is one of my all time favourite films. While there are so many great sequences in the film. This one gives a flavour of the film. Joanna whose uncle was killed in the beginning of the film believes in the demon and here at a seance tries to convince Holden the evil is real...... If you have never seen the film think of it as a dark X-Files.

• Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja
And still on old movies. Another one of my favourites is the 1958 Film A Night to Remember. My favourite scene is when The Carpathia receives the distress call from The Titanic.

• Thanks
Have to admit a lot of great choices here and again films that have multiple excellent scenes. Both The Thing and Pulp Fiction have so many excellent scenes you're spoilt for choice. So keep them coming, enjoying this thread.

What's Eating Gilbert Grape... too many scenes to mention. Everything about that film is beautiful to me -- the score, the characters, the setting... on and on. Here's a couple of my favourite scenes.

• Thanks
There are literally too Many to mention so I'll say a few

• ET- kids on the bikes saving ET

• Jurassic park - T. rex escapes

• Matrix - Morpheus is fighting neo, lobby scene, underground fight with smith

• the life aquatic with Steve zissou - literally the whole film but mainly the rescue of goldblum

• kill bill - crazy 88 fight

• the thing - the test

• kiss of the dragon - dojo fight with the sticks

• deathproof - the whole final act

• nightcrawler - sit down meal with Russo

Black swan - night out/ drug taking with kunis

X men 2 - opening with nightcrawler

The dark knight - pretty much every joker scene especially disappearing pen, the hospital scene with dent and leaving the hospital

Dead pool - opening credits

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - opening credits

Birdman - the whole film as it's made like one scene lol

Children of men - the car ambush & the escape through the prison

I could go on but I'll stop there

Flash Gordon - rocket journey and arrival on Mongo (the soundtrack and colourful cinematography is just amazing)

Dune - Baron Harkonen's attack on the Atredies on Arrakis

Masters of the Universe - final scene (We don't say goodbye, we say Good Journey)

Die Hard - rooftop battle scene with McClane trying to save the hostages

The Abyss - Bud's descent into the Abyss and being brought into the spacecraft

Highlander - training scenes in the highlands of Scotland