• No - too scared!

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Never - I hate zavvi so much!!

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
I need more horror steelbooks...

59M4EY2.jpg

2vblO8M.jpg

i want more high quality steelz of great past, present and future horror movies.

Zavvi seem 2 be doing well with their cartoons, and unlike others here i dont have really have a problem with the overall quantity of their releases, just the Quality :shoot: ...pricing isnt so much of an issue these dayz

Anyway, a :twisted::twisted::twisted: "Zavvi Horror Collection" :twisted::twisted::twisted: - do u want it too?

Attachments

• horror movies.jpg
    horror movies.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 92
Last edited by a moderator:
Very much depends on the films, if it's recent cinema stuff then definitely NOT. If it's underground and older stuff then will depend on finish. I have some lovely editions so don't need a steel. They would have to be "Original Paramount" quality or better before I would want second copies.:D

^^^ Yeah selection wld be extremely important.... im worried that zavvi wld choose stuff that isnt really horror - as in the true scary Horrorific sense, and wld go for mom & pop horror like WWZ or Gremlins 2 :squint:

-EDIT-

A good guide 4 selection might be rating/certificate.... Nothing lower than a 15

btw as i said in OP i'd like releases from present & future releases as well as the older ones

Last edited:
Reactions: psychoscot
^^^ Yeah selection wld be extremely important.... im worried that zavvi wld choose stuff that isnt really horror - as in the true scary Horrorific sense, and wld go for mom & pop horror like WWZ or Gremlins 2 :squint:

-EDIT-

A good guide 4 selection might be rating/certificate.... Nothing lower than a 15

btw as i said in OP i'd like releases from present & future releases as well as the older ones

I don't even like 15 rated horror films most of the time. A lot of my horror collection consists of movies that would never get a certificate here like The August Underground Trilogy and the full uncut Murder Set Pieces. I have over the years always bought import titles when it comes to horror, because the UK either bans truly disturbing films or heavily cuts them. I don't class stuff like SAW or Hostel etc as horror, they are comedies! lol

That being said I wouldn't mind a gorgeous steel of some classics along the lines of what Arrow are doing. I really liked the original collectors tins that Anchor Bay did back in the day for DVD with tons of extra's and THX remastering, but that company has gone seriously downhill since then. :D

I don't even like 15 rated horror films most of the time. A lot of my horror collection consists of movies that would never get a certificate here like The August Underground Trilogy and the full uncut Murder Set Pieces. I have over the years always bought import titles when it comes to horror, because the UK either bans truly disturbing films or heavily cuts them. I don't class stuff like SAW or Hostel etc as horror, they are comedies! lol

I feel u and yes ideally only 18 cert or unrated - but at the same time u gotta be a little diplomatic and include less hardcore more well known "man in the street" titles (within reason) ..for you know overall sales & general retail viability ect which wld also attract attention 2 the less known more extreme releases which i admit im not too familiar with either tbh.... ..personally my favorite is more well known creepy religious & supernatural horror movies, classic old school slasher movies, and weird off the beaten track type stuff from Asia or small indepndants ...i jus really dont want 2 see tottaly dumb idiotic crap like "Abe Linocn Vampire Hunter" / "Scary movie" / "Twilight New Moon" being passed off as anything remotely horrific :ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

also agree well known releases like Hostel and Saw make me lol (most horror does tbh) and are comedic, but in a cool entertaining way... plus again they at least try somthing with some teeth withn the tight bounds set by Hollywoood, and at least come with a R/18 certificate which i personally appreciate and enjoy.. ...plus they can be just cool movies outright without having to be banned in the UK, like Suspiria, The Conjuring, Hammer Horror, or Evil Dead 2013 :thumbs:

I want Horror, but no way for Zavvi to do them. Its so much easier and cheaper to order from Amazon.

Amazon will get them anyway i think as studios will do general rleases across uk now and then (like Halloween) , jus i like zavvis ones (when real effort is put in) cuz they are often limited to 4k or less :thumbs:

Horror is my favorite genre. But we don't want Zavvi just pumping out more steels. We'd much rather have quality finishes - more gloss, less black matte.

Nice mockup, Zesty! I am not a huge horror fan, but I would love to see some horror classics in Steel (The Thing, Rosemary's Baby, Poltergeist, The Entity, Jeepers Creepers, etc). Folks, please do start separate voting threads in the Feedback forum, as the general chat threads can't be tallied on an ongoing basis.

Uk horror is usually far too censored so would be a waste really.

Id love horror steels of stuff like hatchet, the prowler, the original maniac, re animator etc......anything that is cult or obscure. None of that 15 rated exorcism squit.