Zavvi launches collector wood Steelbook frames

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
INTRODUCING STEELBOOK FRAMES

Got a holy grail in your Steelbook collection? Why not display your precious Steelbook in the best way possible inside one of our beautiful Wooden 2D Collectors Frame. With a stylish Black inlay this is the perfect way to display your most prized Zavvi Exclusives.

Shop here

Offer - £9.99 when bought with any Steelbook.
frame1.jpg
frame2.jpg

I would prefer if Zavvi sold steelbook protectors like steelbookcentral sell

I can't see these steelbook frames selling well as your not going to get steelbook collectors purchasing in bulk
Price also needs to be about £5.00 on it's own without the need to purchase with a steelbook

If they have a large quantity of these they will end up with a big price drop
There is only so many you can display on a wall and some collectors have a huge amount of steelbooks in their collection

Steelbook protectors would be good,hopefully they read these comments and take it on board, I would buy them for sure,they sell plenty of steelbooks so only make sense.

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
As with Amarays - when blue or clear white won't do - when green, pink, orange, purple, yellow, black etc. go better with the sleeve artwork - it would be cool to have these frames and mounts in a choice of colours to go better with the chosen steelbooks to be framed.

OK, it's not rocket science but still good to see the steps taken to frame the steelbooks:-
Pics courtesy kutuzoko_sw

DXSu_YBVoAAetVk.jpg:large

DXSvG24UQAEtbpW.jpg:large

DXSvWzRVoAEv56b.jpg:large

DXSvV08U0AAFmbB.jpg:large

DXSvU2GU8AAwtai.jpg:large

DXSvTn9UMAA6A7P.jpg:large

DXSvQvbVwAA1FUw.jpg:large

DXSvPIyVMAAm0Kq.jpg:large

DXSvOFRVMAALs9A.jpg:large

DXSvM_cU0AA2Kul.jpg:large

DXSvL-eVoAA2qIU.jpg:large

DXSvCvaV4AIR8Q4.jpg:large

DXSvaZQVoAEr3eg.jpg:large

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics guys! These look nice enough but are slight overkill for me. I'm happy enough with Steelbook Stands if I want to display something. I haven't got the room to start putting up frames!

Cool concept. But my big problem is I open mine steels. Framing them like that would mean not being able to open them and watch them etc without a lot of effort.

I’ve been working on my Harry Potter display but my next project is my Disney’s.
My plan is to have a larger frame that actually opens and holds multiple steels so I can still watch them. I’ve considered 3 frames holding 3x3 each but Ive also been throwing around other designs. Hopefully one day I can get it done and share with you all.

Cool concept. But my big problem is I open mine steels. Framing them like that would mean not being able to open them and watch them etc without a lot of effort.
With the acrylic / Perspex "glass" fronts . . . yes, clearly a problem with access making these frames impractical and best suited for those special steelbooks that you have no intention of opening . . . maybe second copies - still sealed . . . of your favourites.
I have a wall of prints so closely hung that you couldn't slip a piece of paper between the frames so I can imagine now stunningly brilliant rows and rows of framed steelbooks could look.

As we know, steelbooks can be true works of art . . . with world famous artists creating the designs used on many . . . and framing them is IMO the vest way of showing them off as such.

For ease of access . . . maybe still possible and still practical if the "glass" fronts are left off when putting the kit together.

I’ve been working on my Harry Potter display but my next project is my Disney’s.
My plan is to have a larger frame that actually opens and holds multiple steels so I can still watch them. I’ve considered 3 frames holding 3x3 each but Ive also been throwing around other designs. Hopefully one day I can get it done and share with you all.

You could always put your discs in a disc folder

This looks great actually but very costly. Because, let's be honest, we are not just gonna wanna display one steelbook. We wanna display many that we love. So you'll end up having to purchase at least a dozen to display around the house.

I might just buy one to test or to satisfy my curiosity but for now i'm more than happy with my $3 Walmart option :p
IMG_20180302_010149436.jpg

Does it burst into flames if you put in a steelbook that is not from Zavvi?

Feel sure you won't mind if I pick up your ball and run with it a bit . . .

Not that anyone's gonna frame the one on the left (even though it's really glossy) but in case they do . . . have one of these handy in case of spontaneous combustion of frame.
upload_2018-3-2_11-54-16.png
upload_2018-3-2_12-0-49.png
upload_2018-3-2_12-9-46.png

Not Z. exclusives, but care should also be exercised when framing THE HUNGER GAMES standalone steelbooks.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@virkia lets see a pic of your prints!?

Instead of a wall of framed prints how cool would a wall of framed steelbooks be . . .

. . . as promised:-
20180302_123827_resized.jpg

20180302_123946_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: C.C. 95
This looks great actually but very costly. Because, let's be honest, we are not just gonna wanna display one steelbook. We wanna display many that we love. So you'll end up having to purchase at least a dozen to display around the house.

I might just buy one to test or to satisfy my curiosity but for now i'm more than happy with my $3 Walmart option :p
View attachment 362532

That looks cool how are you hanging them?

Feel sure you won't mind if I pick up your ball and run with it a bit . . .

Not that anyone's gonna frame the one on the left (even though it's really glossy) but in case they do . . . have one of these handy in case of spontaneous combustion of frame.
View attachment 362559 View attachment 362560 ..... View attachment 362561
Not Z. exclusives, but care should also be exercised when framing THE HUNGER GAMES standalone steelbooks.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instead of a wall of framed prints how cool would a wall of framed steelbooks be . . .

. . . as promised:-

Wow looks very cool! Unique pictures what are they supposed to be?

If Zavvi made these with a "quick access" hinged, swinging glass door on the front of the frame...then it would really be a win.
View attachment 362590

Presentation is like 90 percent of what I care about which I think is different than most other people. I will spend 300 dollars to display steels even though I need only spend 30 for something simple. Like I said earlier, call me crazy

Last edited:
Reactions: C.C. 95