Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 562
Last edited by a moderator:
Did you sign up for something to have them text you alerts, or is it something they've automatically done since you entered the giveaway?

I didn't mean to cause panic with my previous comment by the way... it's just that the last time I entered a giveaway through text message I later started receiving all sorts of spam calls and texts. Plus I'm always very suspicious when it comes to Zavvi. :p

Just since I entered the competition, I wonder if there really is a prize.

Do Zavvi still give you the option to amend payment details if there is a payment problem? The card I used for all my preorders is about to expire and I'm worrying about all those sold out preorders:dead:
They don't give you that option, nor can their customer service help you in this situation.

When they attempt to charge your CC close to the shipping date, that obviously fails and you will get a "Payment problem" email from them. After that you can log in and enter your new card details for that specific order.

Reactions: pyszny
They don't give you that option, nor can their customer service help you in this situation.

When they attempt to charge your CC close to the shipping date, that obviously fails and you will get a "Payment problem" email from them. After that you can log in and enter your new card details for that specific order.

That's what I was trying to describe, thanks

Reactions: Ranavalone
A lot of people probably thought this was an innocent giveaway but I was thinking the exact same thing, we are getting very cynical in our old age @Noodles lol :)
Haha we are! And rightly so where Zavvi is concerned. :squint:

Just since I entered the competition, I wonder if there really is a prize.
Hmm yeah, that's another thing... there's no way of us knowing if anyone's actually won or not. :cautious:

Reactions: Flash
The dropped price is £21.99
£21.99
Save: £15.00

Does anybody here work in retail/ sales ?.

I don't know if it's true but on the apprentice a few years ago someone got a rollocking for saying an item was eg £20 now £10.

Lord sugars aid Nick said that to be able to say was x amount now y amount the item must of been sold for X price for like a month or something

Now Zavvi always say on pre orders before they have ever been for sale was £24.99 now £19.99 for example

Does anyone know if this is allowed ?

Sorry for the essay lol

I don't know if it's true but on the apprentice a few years ago someone got a rollocking for saying an item was eg £20 now £10.

Lord sugars aid Nick said that to be able to say was x amount now y amount the item must of been sold for X price for like a month or something

Now Zavvi always say on pre orders before they have ever been for sale was £24.99 now £19.99 for example

Sorry for the essay lol

It's like DFS having an half price sofa offer, 12 month's in a year.

Yeah , possible but it's still quite naught imo as to say save £15 would suggest that at some point it was for sale at £36.99.

It's also possibly why pre order prices are sometimes high so they can them say WOW was £789.99 now £8.99

Yeah its not quite right is it I dont even pay attention to what they say it was - as its almost always nonsense like u say it was never £36.99 and it was not even on sale yet... They should rephrase it to recommended retail price however they prob cant because the manufacturer would not suggest £36.99 They should just put the price without this price drop nonsese - we all know they are already marked up because its a new title and will go down.. Even if they sell this for £10 at somepoint they will still make a profit

trading standard (law) says its not allowed.

''1.2.5 Even if a price used for comparisons has been offered for a reasonable period of time, the comparison may still be misleading, for example, if the product was not actually available for supply for a substantial part of that period''

''(iii) the goods were offered for sale at that price for a period at least sufficient to be a genuine offer of sale to the section of the public likely to be interested in purchasing such goods, that is, sufficient time for knowledge of the availability of the goods to be acquired by that section of the public, and sufficient time for them to view the goods, make up their minds whether to purchase them, and, if so, to complete the purchase of them. Where the 28-day criterion is met, that should normally be sufficient.''

''1.3.2 You should not allow an offer to run on so long that it becomes misleading to describe it as an ‘introductory’ or other ‘special offer’''

zavvi's entire steelbook section has been on 'offer' for literally years now. there is no offer.

''1.6.1 You should not use a recommended retail price, or similar, as a basis of comparison which is not genuine, or if it differs significantly from the price at which the product is generally sold.''

zavvi do this as standard, and is essentially what we are talking about here.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...12-pricing-practices-guidance-for-traders.pdf

trading standard (law) says its not allowed.

''1.2.5 Even if a price used for comparisons has been offered for a reasonable period of time, the comparison may still be misleading, for example, if the product was not actually available for supply for a substantial part of that period''

''(iii) the goods were offered for sale at that price for a period at least sufficient to be a genuine offer of sale to the section of the public likely to be interested in purchasing such goods, that is, sufficient time for knowledge of the availability of the goods to be acquired by that section of the public, and sufficient time for them to view the goods, make up their minds whether to purchase them, and, if so, to complete the purchase of them. Where the 28-day criterion is met, that should normally be sufficient.''

''1.3.2 You should not allow an offer to run on so long that it becomes misleading to describe it as an ‘introductory’ or other ‘special offer’''

zavvi's entire steelbook section has been on 'offer' for literally years now. there is no offer.

''1.6.1 You should not use a recommended retail price, or similar, as a basis of comparison which is not genuine, or if it differs significantly from the price at which the product is generally sold.''

zavvi do this as standard, and is essentially what we are talking about here.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...12-pricing-practices-guidance-for-traders.pdf

Does this apply to Guernsey as well? I think they have their own pricing guides. I could be wrong.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry

Sorry for the essay lol
A lot of retailers websites put the MSRP first (Manufacturer Suggest Retail Price) and then later list the actual retail price by release date some do this before been sold
Actual retail price the retailer decides to reduce or keep at Suggested Retail Price
What counts is the actual listed selling price not the MSRP suggested price
Amazon do this also when they first put a listing up on a website you see the MSRP price and then it get's reduced to actual selling price by release date and they apply the pre order price promise when price reduces if ordered at the MSRP listing

Zavvi when order went live is the actual price of £21.99

Sale price 30 day rules would only apply after release date when actual in hand with customers as in previously paid price.

A retailer can reduce a price before release date and increase the price before and after release date if they want to do so but most retailers have pre order price promise to cover customers to get release date price if ordered before release date.

30 day Sale price rules do not apply until after released and is based on price goods where sold upto release date after this date 30 day sale price reduction rules apply

The 30 day rule would be from release date price and if price was increased after this that price would apply under the 30 day rules for any later price reductions

I would be better though if retailers just listed the actual retail price and then later when reduced after release date show any sale price savings but often with pre order releases retailers reduce and increase prices before release date so they can get away with it

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Lewis Watts
I live in France, and now it seems that Zavvi delivers items through express delivery by DPD/Chronopost. Is that recent? Didn't they use standard delivery before?

What kind of packaging does Zavvi use for (Blu-ray) box sets nowadays? The last time I've ordered a box set from them was in 2014 and then they used awful packaging, just a single paper bag with some bubblewrap in it. I was thinking of ordering the Clint Eastwood 8 Film Collection box set from Amazon, but out of my last 10 orders from them 9 have been heavily damaged due to poor packaging.