Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 556
Last edited by a moderator:
This is slightly off topic but still related to @Starling above. From what I remember the minimum print of an steelbook is closer to 8-10.000 copies with each version of a steelbook? But they may be sold in different regions. Amazon.FR, Amazon.DE etc etc. Can never imagine they only print 2000 steelbooks of a movie. Please correct me if iam wrong, I would like to know more.
Then explain Under The Skin, Sleepy Hollow, Army Of Darkness and many others.......

This is slightly off topic but still related to @Starling above. From what I remember the minimum print of an steelbook is closer to 8-10.000 copies with each version of a steelbook? But they may be sold in different regions. Amazon.FR, Amazon.DE etc etc. Can never imagine they only print 2000 steelbooks of a movie. Please correct me if iam wrong, I would like to know more.
The minimum run at Scanavo Denmark is (used to be?) 4000 steelbooks.

Based on this (now deleted) post by Entertainment One UK in this thread, print runs of 2000 are not difficult to arrange, they just cost more per steelbook:
2k runs are from China and a) very expensive to produce b) you have to commit to 4 titles and c) it takes longer to produce and deliver.

I have no inside information, so I don't really know what kind of deals are possible nowadays with Scanavo Denmark, China or US, but we have seen many print runs of 2000 copies for WEA steelbooks in the UK (mostly, if not always, Zavvi exclusive releases).

Depends on the title and depends on the Studio. Lower print runs, anything under the 4000 Scanavo minimum cost more for the studio. These are more likely to be catalogue releases though such as Under the Skin, 3:10 to Yuma, Army of Darkness etc. which only got a release in one territory.

Recently some titles have been split by region but still fall into the 4000 run. Just the J-cards are different.

Some studios, Disney Europe for example, release are way above the 4000 run as they are released in multiple countries but these can range from 1000-6000+ per territory, again just with different J-cards. These are usually for new releases. The tide is changing somewhat on these though as UK now gets titles on the front and spine. As with Rogue One these were split with other territories as well.

I'm not sure the vast majority of studios do make 200-300 more than the stated print run. Maybe a couple over but not hundreds. Disney had to scrap loads of steels when they realised they had a problem with a batch of Zavvi steels which lowered the overall print run.

The best person to ask about this would be @Wreck

Pretty much all that @Ranavalone said.

but in a nutshell ... just think ... there was a reason a few years ago why smaller labels and retailers started doing tripacks etc of same steelbook inside slips and it wasnt with the primary idea to milk a title. It was a way to to get collectors to buy more than 1 copy to meet min. order requirement goals. Otherwise a tripack in a perfect world would have 3 diff steelbook art designs in it not simply slipcovers.

But in the world of manufacturing, esp metal manufacturing stopping machines cost money ... and what do think they print more of ... a movie? or some cans for food?

Reactions: jitstark
Just sent this to Zavvi as I'm reaching boiling point -
Sent by: You, 27 June 2017, 10:19

Morning (again),
I first requested a refund on the 3rd June, it is now the 27th and I'm still waiting for the £96 that Zavvi took from my account when they shouldn't have done.
Why was it necessary for me to provide my bank details by phone? Why couldn't the refund have been paid back to the original source from which it was taken?
Frankly, this is just poor service and I am constantly being fobbed off with comments about BACS being slow, it didn't take that long for the money to leave my account.
I'll be posting on the Facebook pages shortly because I've had enough of waiting and excuses.
Regards,
Stuart McKay

Just had to rant :sorry:

Zavvi state the following -
Your query has been received and we will aim to respond within 24 hours, however during busy periods response times may increase, therefore we ask our customers to allow up to 48 hours for a response to be made.
That was on the 27th at 10.19am so outside the 48 hour period now, I'm starting to think they don't want to talk to me any more :(
@zavvi

Your query has been received and we will aim to respond within 24 hours, however during busy periods response times may increase, therefore we ask our customers to allow up to 48 hours for a response to be made.
That was on the 27th at 10.19am so outside the 48 hour period now, I'm starting to think they don't want to talk to me any more :(
@zavvi

In the bad old days...48 hours = 6 working days :wow:

• Thanks
Reactions: bigfub
@bigfub

Every time I have missing funds its Zavvi it is things I have never orded its happened twice . Both times it was Zavvi :angry: .

I only use them now when I have to .

To me it is theft and fraud see if the non emergency police line can advise you :)

You should post that on Zavvi's Facebook page...That should draw someone's attention :wow:

@HUBMUSWELL

Ihate Facebook as much as Zavvi :dunno: .

One was for £30 the other £50

They also have cancelled my orders before saying that I had no funds to pay o_O

Complete Bull Poo the funds where waiting :cautious: .

So I cancelled ALL my orders with them £160:D:D

Never mind 3 weeks to action updating my payment details Total Joke .

Well they've got back to me and the Finance department haven't processed the refund because the account number was wrong :mad:
Not that I read the details back to the guy on the phone twice or anything, or that they could have refunded to the account they took payment from in the first place (n)
Now they're going to refund my via Paypal, fingers crossed...

@zavvi

Zaavi CONSISTENTLY has the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Even when you get a hold of someone expect to communicate back and forth via email getting nowhere for a month.

• Thanks
Reactions: bigfub
Zaavi CONSISTENTLY has the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Even when you get a hold of someone expect to communicate back and forth via email getting nowhere for a month.

I normally just drop them a message on Facebook, generally I've found it to be quite quick and relatively painless. Maybe I've just got lucky.

Reactions: Shaggy78
2000 can be done on a single steelbook release
A film Distributor decides on say 2 steelbook releases 2,000 each that's an order of 4,000 steelbooks or say 3,000 each that's 6,000
This is how a film distributor can do only 2000 of a single steelbook
They give an order of a few different releases same time

Film distributor then may decide at a later time to do another print run in Europe or do a shared print run between retailers on some releases

Zavvi have had lot of 2,000 print only steelbooks that not got a release with other retailers in other countries and they each had a print run of 2,000 each

On a separate note Zavvi are in my bad books at the moment and I will not be creating any new Zavvi threads or promote them on Social media or on HDN until they deliver my Sinbad Trilogy Collection that I have already paid for
It's 21 days since they say they shipped my order but I have yet to get delivery of my order
Most times it only takes 4-10 days for orders to be delivered to me in Rep of Ireland with most been done in 4-5 days

Zavvi customer service today annoyed me big time and may yet be facing legal action from me

Great news for those UK guys who pay with PayPal with Zavvi's surcharge :thumbs:

Credit and debit card surcharges to be banned

From January next year, businesses will not be allowed to add any surcharges for card payments.

Consumers are no longer to be charged extra for paying by debit or credit card, the government has said.
It follows a directive from the European Union, which bans surcharges on Visa and Mastercard payments.

However the government has gone further than the directive, by also banning charges on American Express and Paypal too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40648641

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Ranavalone