Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 556
Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question for those who use Zavvi. I receive daily emails from them, including today's Black Friday offers, and today took delivery of a number of 4K non-steelbook titles today. When I tried to login today a message indicated my details were incorrect. A reset password attempt resulted in an email saying no such account existed. I checked my mails and I found that every one of my steelbook orders has been cancelled. These orders were made previous to the 4K titles I received today. I've created a new account with the same details and messaged them to ask why the cancellation and account no longer existing. I've bought from these people for years. They took a payment from me two days ago. Truly baffled. Anyone else had this experience?

I had this years ago when I used ***@gmail.com when I should have used ****@googlemail.com :facepalm:

@zavvi
Just enquiring as to when to expect a dispatch on Arrival Steelbook.
I ordered it early yesterday when in stock was declared and expected dispatch was yesterday (24th).

It has subsequently went to Sold Out then back in stock today on the site with an estimated dispatch of 3 working days for futher copies?

Has anyone ever managed to cancel a preorder, for which the payment was already taken? I want to cancel the Westworld set, payment was taken two days ago, it's still listed as pre-order, order page still shows awaiting stock, I've sent a cancellation request at least 10 times now (always fails), and 4 or 5 messages (only got one reply).

Just wanted to know if anyone was actually successful to know if I should even bother.

That's "normal" for when you're not in one of the countries Zavvi operates.
But in your case, in UK, you should indeed received it in maximum 3 days since they took your money.
I think at this point you could expect to have your item shipped from outside UK,
or even outside EU (as it was to me in several cases), and then you should expect to pay import fees (as I had to pay too).

I suggest wait until Monday to arrive, and then if still not, contact them via your account on zavvi website.

Zavvi are a bunch of crooks.

Took payment for the Luke Cage steelbook last Tuesday and as of today (30/11), I still haven't received my Steelbook.

Bit off topic but was first zavvi thread I saw so here goes

Got a payment problem email from zavvi, I clicked the resolve now in the email and took me to my account but I can't see how to resolve it from there. The order in question still says processing when clicked and I don't know how to update the details for payment on the order

Can anyone guide me through this

Cheers

Bit off topic but was first zavvi thread I saw so here goes

Got a payment problem email from zavvi, I clicked the resolve now in the email and took me to my account but I can't see how to resolve it from there. The order in question still says processing when clicked and I don't know how to update the details for payment on the order

Can anyone guide me through this

Cheers

I'd like to help you out, try this link.
https://www.zavvi.com/listCards.account

There's also a live chat feature but it's unavailable at the moment, so if that doesn't work I guess you could ask someone about it in the Zavvi retailer thread or contact Zavvi on Twitter.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Covcraig
Interesting to see that zavvi_outlet on ebay have removed all their listings from the site, they haven't hidden them (holiday mode), just ended the whole lot, so that's Amazon and now ebay they've given up on, what next ?, their actual website ?, I mean I've almost given up on their website myself, so why not ?, what with HMV aquiring quite a few steelbook exclusives, all they need to do is a deal with Disney, and Zavvi are finished....

Looking at Trustpilot over the last 2 months is shocking reading, I do wonder what Zavvi's future is looking like, will The Hut Group kill it off now before it commits suicide ?

Anyhow, hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year !:thumbs:

Interesting to see that zavvi_outlet on ebay have removed all their listings from the site, they haven't hidden them (holiday mode), just ended the whole lot, so that's Amazon and now ebay they've given up on, what next ?, their actual website ?, I mean I've almost given up on their website myself, so why not ?, what with HMV aquiring quite a few steelbook exclusives, all they need to do is a deal with Disney, and Zavvi are finished....

Looking at Trustpilot over the last 2 months is shocking reading, I do wonder what Zavvi's future is looking like, will The Hut Group kill it off now before it commits suicide ?

Anyhow, hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year !:thumbs:
The Hut Group turnover is very high and are expanding they had record sales last year and this year and Zavvi turnover is a huge part of this.

HMV only ship to UK address so they will never have the same level of business turnover that Zavvi and Amazon do unless HMV change to shipping worldwide

Film Distributors like retailers that ship worldwide and is why Zavvi get a lot of exclusives and is also why outside the UK Amazon Germany/Italy/France also get lot of steelbook releases

HMV have closed lot of their stores in the UK don't be surprised if they go online only in the UK in next few years as they have done this in other countries recently as in Ireland in 2016 and Canada in 2017 as in all stores closed and gone online only
HMV are looking at new online video-streaming platform instead of physical media

Zavvi ship worldwide HMV don't
HMV turnover is not even close and never will be to what Zavvi do as long as HMV only ship to UK address
HMV have recorded a pre-tax loss in 2016

One Area HMV UK is doing good business is with Music Vinyl sales in 2017

Last edited:
Does anyone have a current (and tested) contact number for zavvi? They are really taking the piss out of online retailing.

I ordered a Thrustmaster wheel during black friday, on November 24, with a discount code for a total of 220 GBP. At that time it was listed as in stock and ready to ship. I checked periodically to see the status, because for some reason they never shipped it. Around December 6 it went out of stock, of course mine still hasn't shipped. I contacted them multiple times on why that is, and they said they're awaiting new stock and will send it out as soon as it's available.

Then on December 23 my credit card is charged in full and I get a dispatched e-mail, together with a DHL tracking number, with an estimated delivery of Jan. 2. I check the tracking every few days, but it always says "The instruction data for this shipment have been provided by the sender to DHL electronically".

I contact them on January 7 and the next day they respond with this:

Thank you for getting in touch about your order.
As a replacement is unavailable for this item as it is currently out of stock with no exact date for when it will be available again to be sent, a refund has been requested.
This will be refunded back to your account and usually takes 3-5 working days.
If you have any problems with this refund or should you have any further questions, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.
Kind regards,
Phil

This is insane.

To recap:
- I placed an order for an item in stock, that was still "in stock" for over a week later, and my order never shipped
- A month later they charge my card, send a dispatch email and a tracking number for an item they never had and never sent out
- Two weeks later they offer to refund me, after I ask them why there is no movement on the tracking page

This is absolutely unacceptable. They basically took my money and lied about sending my package, and only after me contacting them they admitted "yeah sorry we never sent anything, okay you can have your money back".

I mean, I could let it go, but I really don't want to. Any advice on who to contact to maybe look into how zavvi conducts business?

Does anyone have a current (and tested) contact number for zavvi? They are really taking the piss out of online retailing.

I ordered a Thrustmaster wheel during black friday, on November 24, with a discount code for a total of 220 GBP. At that time it was listed as in stock and ready to ship. I checked periodically to see the status, because for some reason they never shipped it. Around December 6 it went out of stock, of course mine still hasn't shipped. I contacted them multiple times on why that is, and they said they're awaiting new stock and will send it out as soon as it's available.

Then on December 23 my credit card is charged in full and I get a dispatched e-mail, together with a DHL tracking number, with an estimated delivery of Jan. 2. I check the tracking every few days, but it always says "The instruction data for this shipment have been provided by the sender to DHL electronically".

As a replacement is unavailable for this item as it is currently out of stock with no exact date for when it will be available again to be sent, a refund has been requested.
If you have any problems with this refund or should you have any further questions, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.
Kind regards,
Phil

This is insane.

To recap:
- I placed an order for an item in stock, that was still "in stock" for over a week later, and my order never shipped
- A month later they charge my card, send a dispatch email and a tracking number for an item they never had and never sent out
- Two weeks later they offer to refund me, after I ask them why there is no movement on the tracking page

This is absolutely unacceptable. They basically took my money and lied about sending my package, and only after me contacting them they admitted "yeah sorry we never sent anything, okay you can have your money back".

I mean, I could let it go, but I really don't want to. Any advice on who to contact to maybe look into how zavvi conducts business?

I don't know how common it is, but I had a similar thing happen to me a few months ago except without the dispatch notice. In my case they had my order status sitting on "awaiting stock" for literal months before telling me they were unable to stock any more of the product (Children of Men steel). Really disappointing. Why would they let me place an order when there isn't stock??

Sending out a dispatch notice on top of that must've been really infuriating, though. At least they hadn't charged me yet, to my knowledge. I didn't know what else I could do so I didn't pursue the issue further.

As I also said in my post #5655, Zavvi is a bunch of crappy people which actually treat us as stupids, since we are not doing anything against those kind of FLAGRANT VIOLATION of our rights, as citizens, as citizens of EU, or even as HUMANS!

That's why I said the only "cure" for this miserable crap they are throwing upon us, is to SUE THEM to several courts, including the SUPREME COURT
https://www.supremecourt.uk/about/the-supreme-court-and-europe.html
http://echr.coe.int

Cite from: https://europa.eu/european-union/about-eu/institutions-bodies/court-justice_en

I ordered
a Thrustmaster wheel during black friday, on November 24, with a discount code for a total of 220 GBP. At that time it was listed as in stock and ready to ship. I checked periodically to see the status, because for some reason they never shipped it. Around December 6 it went out of stock, of course mine still hasn't shipped. I contacted them multiple times on why that is, and they said they're awaiting new stock and will send it out as soon as it's available.

Kind regards,
Phil

This is insane.

To recap:

Does Zavvi's cheapest international delivery option has tracking? They used to have it but recently they don't tell me tracking number.

Does Zavvi's cheapest international delivery option has tracking? They used to have it but recently they don't tell me tracking number.
Their cheapest - "standard" - shipping method doesn't include tracking. Never included tracking for me, anyway.

Reactions: Funashi
Their cheapest - "standard" - shipping method doesn't include tracking. Never included tracking for me, anyway.
thanks for the reply. they included tracking when i used Zavvi a couple of years ago. However tracking didn't work. I had to email carrier first, and never got response from them.

Has anyone run into an issue with canceling orders right after placing them? I placed 2 separate orders for 2 steelbooks and 1 steelbook. I tried to cancel both orders online about 10 minutes after i placed them, 1 order would not let me select the cancellation options to submit the request, options grayed out.

The 2nd order let me submit the cancellation request but i received an e-mail about 15 minutes later that the cancellation failed and to ship the items back if i did not want them. 1 order shipped the next day, the one that i could not access the cancellation options and the other order shipped on the 27th and 29th. I guess i just really need to be sure i want the steelbook before i order it from now on, i have never had these issue with canceling pre-orders.

Last edited:
Has anyone run into an issue with canceling orders right after placing them? I placed 2 separate orders for 2 steelbooks and 1 steelbook. I tried to cancel both orders online about 10 minutes after i placed them, 1 order would not let me select the cancellation options to submit the request, options grayed out.

The 2nd order let me submit the cancellation request but i received an e-mail about 15 minutes later that the cancellation failed and to ship the items back if i did not want them. 1 order shipped the next day, the one that i could not access the cancellation options and the other order shipped on the 27th and 29th. I guess i just really need to be sure i want the steelbook before i order it from now on, i have never had these issue with canceling pre-orders.
Orders for in-stock items enter the shipping pipeline (only virtually, I'm sure :)) immediately, i.e., it's not possible to cancel them once you've placed the order.

Reactions: vml3615
What is the sketch with pre orders that have been ordered on a now out of date card? Is there a way to change it or do i still have to wait for one of their emails?