Zavvi Zbox # 5 March [Retro]

meaner

Premium Supporter
Dec 19, 2011
retro.jpg

The box will be on sale Mon 23rd 9am (GMT).

THEME: RETRO

Last edited by a moderator:
This'll be the first one I skip. Still haven't received my Undead box yet but I know what's in it and I might look at a different box each month now rather than the Zbox. I'm not saying Zavvi haven't improved it from the first one but I still don't think they're putting enough value in them to justify the price unfortunately.

This one didn't feel as good as the Undead box which had that awesome T-shirt.

pretty generic Joystick Junkies T-shirt, Ghost or Pacman pixel bricks, Sonic themed socks, download code for the Steam game Tango Fiesta (£9.99), notebook with a console cover (megadrive, saturn, game gear or dreamcast), flump sweet, 2 lemmings door hangers, in-box magazine

Next month's theme is: animation and Zavvi say it includes a Pop Vinyl figure. Silhoutte of Lion-O from Thundercats on the magazine alongside the theme.

Not sure whether to continue - I mean if I knew there was gonna be some Studio Ghibli or Pixar stuff in it I'd be tempted but this month's box feels a bit like they chucked a load of tat in.

Yeah my first one and I've been put off

There was a lot they could of done with a Retro box but most of the stuff felt like junk and not very retro like

Even the T-Shirt was such a let down, it was basically the designers company name on it with the words Arcade slapped on. What about a nicely designed shirt of Sonic, Pacman, Mario, Space Invaders etc

Just watched an unboxing video of this one and I quite like the majority of the stuff in it (apart from the useless door hanger). Being the Video Game mod on here, I'm obviously a bit of a gaming nerd, so this one is right up my street! £20 is still too much though IMO, but I think I may buy one if/when Zavvi send out one of their regular discount codes.

EDIT - I just found out about the £5 off discount code which literally expired less than an hour ago. :arghh:

Last edited: