Zavvi Zavvi's Secret Soundtrack - Discussion Thread [Record of the Month Subscription]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
See here for more info. :thumbs:

Each month’s Soundtrack will be:
A worldwide Exclusive
Pressed on colour Vinyl
Limied to 500
Never before on vinyl; a genuine first press!

For a limited time only, get £5 off your first vinyl when you use the code: SECRET

STRICTLY LIMITED TO 500 COPIES

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@AudioJihad Thanks for the info, and welcome to HDN! I came across your photo on IG, so have added it to your post using spoiler tags. :thumbs:

Good shout, thanks buddy!
Also if anyone else picked it up and has opened it, would love to see whats inside. I never got a chance to while I was at home.

All of the soundtracks releases in the secret soundtrack will be from silva screen records

Curator man on Twitter said the first few will be. Wouldn't mind if they all are, but would be good to see other labels get a piece of the pie.
Might even explain Waxworks silence over the Evil Dead 2 Soundtrack they announced back in August and then back burnered to show us Friday the 13th Part 3.

Wow, great start. Is it possible to get it without choosing the subscription option?

By the looks of things they are offering them individually for pre-order. Drops on the 1st of next month.
http://www.zavvi.com/merch-vinyl/secret-soundtrack-1/11164123.html
I guess that's how they'll be dealing with the unclaimed of the 500.

Last edited:
The monthly plan is currently down to just £9.99 - LINK

UPDATE - "£9.99 for your first month is our current offer. £24.99 for every month following."

Last edited:
Is the price down temporarily? There's no indication of whether or not the first payment is 9.99 and then 24.99 thereafter and there's no indication of it being tied to a sale.
I'm not sure, but I'd be surprised if it's that price permanently, which is a bit misleading if not!

I'm not sure, but I'd be surprised if it's that price permanently, which is a bit misleading if not!

Would be nice to have some confirmation, I just don't trust Zavvi when it comes to things like this. If it was really £10 a month (and not just for the first month) I'd sign up for sure.

Is it easy to cancel your subscription? Never signed up for any of their subscription stuff

Would be nice to have some confirmation, I just don't trust Zavvi when it comes to things like this. If it was really £10 a month (and not just for the first month) I'd sign up for sure.

Is it easy to cancel your subscription? Never signed up for any of their subscription stuff
They've been ignoring my concerns about an order lately, but I'll try and get confirmation about this. Honestly, I refuse to subscribe to anything that involves Zavvi for the same reason as you... and I know @Flash had trouble cancelling her Zbox subscription recently.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flash and Tacozilla
They've been ignoring my concerns about an order lately, but I'll try and get confirmation about this. Honestly, I refuse to subscribe to anything that involves Zavvi for the same reason as you... and I know @Flash had trouble cancelling her Zbox subscription recently.

Hey yes we had trouble and I know many others that also had difficult cancelling the zbox and thus would never subscribe to anything with Zavvi again.

Today my first soundtrack arrived, but the packaging was horrible, only bubble wrap, no carton, all cornes are buckled.
Is this the normal way Zavvi sends vinyl?

Attachments

• DSCI2211.JPG
    DSCI2211.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 124
  • DSCI2208.JPG
    DSCI2208.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 132
  • DSCI2210.JPG
    DSCI2210.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 129
Today my first soundtrack arrived, but the packaging was horrible, only bubble wrap, no carton, all cornes are buckled.

That's disgusting! They shipped mine in a record mailer, it arrived in good nick. Which is surprising for Zavvi, who ship anything that isn't a steelbook as poorly as possible.
Zavvi are usually good at accepting returns though, no idea why they shipped it so badly though!
They shipped me a special edition MGS collection box that was simply wrapped in plastic and everything got trashed ages ago. They fully refunded me without a return.

I just looked at my account, although I subscribed, there's no subscriptions listed in my account...

Reactions: WitchHunter
That's a pretty sad sight to see. In all my years of buying vinyl, I've never received one packaged that badly. Hopefully the replacement (if you opt for that) arrives in better condition.

Reactions: WitchHunter
Oh lord. You didn't remove it from the shrink, did you? I would send that sh!t into orbit and demand a refund.

No, it's still sealed

But guys please check this out:

We have received your photos of the damaged item and would like to apologise that the item was received this way.
As a gesture of goodwill we would like to offer a refund of 15%.

F##k
That was definitelly my last order on Zavvi, cancelling my subscription right now

Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
F##k
That was definitelly my last order on Zavvi, cancelling my subscription right now
Refuse the 15% and demand a FULL refund. They can be very sneaky and often try this trick with customers, but when an item arrives in that condition you're entitled to a full refund.

Reactions: oceanicon
F##k

Their automatic response to damage is always %15 refund, but you can demand refund or replacement etc.

It's crazy so many people are receiving damaged ones, mine was sent well packaged, tracked, signed for and everything.
I'm kinda expecting my next one to arrive in a mess now, that's just my luck.

EDIT: The second release arrived today. Again packaged really well, tracked and everything.

Last edited: