Zero Dark Thirty (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Plain Archive Exclusive No.4) [Korea]

What would you buy?

• 1. PET Full slip box with Steelbook

Votes: 87 35.5%
  • 2. Paper Full slip box with Steelbook

Votes: 56 22.9%
  • 3. Lenticular-PET 1/4 slip with Steelbook

Votes: 45 18.4%
  • 4. Paper Full slip box with Keepcase(Amaray)

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • 5. All 3 steelbook (Triple pack)

Votes: 55 22.4%
  • 6. All 3 steelbooks and 1 Amaray (Quad pack)

Votes: 53 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release Date : April 28, 2015
Pre-order date: 19th of March, 2015
Price: See below
Notes: Gloss finish, inside artwork
Purchase links:

PET Full slip version $36.99 SOLD OUT
Paper Full slip version $36.50 SOLD OUT
Lenticular PET 1/4 slip version $35.70 SOLD OUT
Triple Pack $105 SOLD OUT
Quadruple Pack $136 SOLD OUT

Group buy: Masterblaster & apsmith21 (Anyone with THEIR OWN USA SHIPPING address may join)

ZDT_PET.jpg ZDT.jpg 14_SLIP_Front_5ad4e250-5c72-4d04-9fe3-b0e24f24839e.jpgZDT_SteelBook_Sample_9b43d79c-e01e-4c38-b1a5-7912d0f2fe15.jpg

11002706_652766588201160_2663997173328303815_o.jpg

11046842_652766624867823_5558799409461072916_o.jpg

906081_652768131534339_3841898098217042512_o.jpg

*** Rendered shot of Lenticular PET 1/4 slip
10986827_640036769474142_578801873961992022_n-1.png 10985269_640036772807475_3242625471074660206_n.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I emailed them shortly after the live preorder that despite wanting the One-Click Quad Pack me only getting Paper Full Slips, their ZDT sellout is a proof that they are definitely doing an awesome work for the physical media collectors and film connoisseurs by continuously topping their previous efforts. After the RED PET ISTD, we got a hologram quarter slip for The Master and Lenticular PET quarter slip for ZDT. PA's attention to detail is just commendable, always getting approval from directors like Kim Jee-woon, PTA and Kathryn Bigelow.

Last edited:
I don't understand what everyone is so upset about. For all the major PA collectors that didn't get what they wanted, bummer. I may not own every PA release or even one for that matter but I considered how much attention this release was getting and joined a GB. If you didn't join then that was your choice and a bad one; deal with it. Just because you spend a bunch of money of their products and support them doesn't mean you're special. It's a free market.

I don't understand what everyone is so upset about. For all the major PA collectors that didn't get what they wanted, bummer. I may not own every PA release or even one for that matter but I considered how much attention this release was getting and joined a GB. If you didn't join then that was your choice and a bad one; deal with it. Just because you spend a bunch of money of their products and support them doesn't mean you're special. It's a free market.
Although truer words have not been spoken; in their defense, most collectors here are just...sad and feel unlucky....that they missed out on something they've been wanting from day 1.

To those I say, worry not, for your time shall come. And you will get what you want. Patience is virtue. :)
- :blackalien:

Last edited:
Reactions: harry
Wow, I'm surprised the Paper Full Slip version is still in stock now - it would have definitely been my choice if I had purchased it.

Watched this on Netflix the other day and while it's a good film, I decided in the end it's not really one I have any interest in watching again any time soon (I actually got the film confused with another previously and hadn't seen it before) so didn't feel it was worth a purchase in the end.

Bit late to the scene and put in an impulse buy for my first PA steel! Went for the paper slip as that's the only one in stock.

Also if anyone's interested Gabz brother ( Krzysztof Domaradzki) was commissioned for the artwork for this.

Check out his website below. Sorry if already been posted. I already own a few pieces by Gabz so thought this might be a nice contrast of work by brothers. :)

http://studiokxx.com/filter/illustration

Last edited:

But my mommie and daddy have always told me I'm special.
Seriously, I agree with you. It's not like there wasn't a group buy available.
To have people threaten the fine folks at Plain Archive is beyond the pale.

Reactions: digitalbabe
Plain Archive just posted this on Facebook

To our international customers,

Plain Archive is a small independent company with just two full-time employees. We do almost everything ourselves —— film selection, package design, blu-ray authoring, online store management, shipment preparation, customer service, and more. After two years of operation, we’ve finally escaped working from home, and only recently moved to a small dedicated office.

We’re not saying that it’s acceptable to act like amateurs because of our scale. ...We’ve always wanted people to judge us based purely on the quality of our products. A lot of effort has gone into our products, shipments, and customer service in order to avoid certain assumptions that can be made about a startup like us.

Plain Archive deals with Blu-ray collectors all over the world, and not one customer is easy to please because of their extremely high standards. But we’ve always listened. And we’ve also received some absurd requests, but we tried our best to be polite and helpful.

Our team pours everything into creating products that are hopefully worth your money. A large majority of our existing customers purchase our products because they recognize our effort. Some even order multiple copies of the same edition.

We respect our customers, and we feel your respect coming at our direction. Unfortunately, there’s a small number of individuals who doesn’t respect us back. We’ve received angry emails with profanity, and in some cases — threats.

Our Zero Dark Thirty editions have caused a record traffic with unprecedented demand. It’s unfortunate, but some will succeed and some will miss out. We understand your frustration.

If there’s anything we need to improve upon, please give us your feedback. But we do not want to suffer from reading emails that cross the line.

We’d like to end by saying thank you for the support you’ve shown us with the pre-order of Zero Dark Thirty. We have some exciting new products coming this year. Please stay tuned.

Thank you

Plain Archive

Just catching up with this thread after a few days and really disappointed to read the PA Facebook post. It's an absolute disgrace and whoever it was that was threatening and swearing are need to have a long hard look at themselves. The sense of entitlement is staggering. No one should have to feel threatened or read abuse because some baby can't handle the fact they weren't the only one who wanted this. There'll be other avenues to get this down the line - yes, you may have to pay a bit more but that's always been the game.

If you've been collecting for a while you'll know ordering steels from Asia has always been an risky, adrenaline-pumping event. First it was Amazon.jp steels selling out quick. Then we had the issues with Kimchi servers. PA are entitled to a few hiccups and in the past they have been pretty good with their systems and customer service. I've missed out on a few in the past and got lucky with a few. As much as I love steels there's a lot more to life.