Zootopia (3D + 2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #35) [China]

Dec 2, 2014
UK, China
Release date: TBA
Purchase links: TBA
Price: TBA
Group buy: Hosted by cooey HERE
Note:
WEA steelbook, Lenticular and Fullslip versions.
image.jpeg

1-2.jpg 2.jpg

Group buy allocation and prices -

1 click - $185 (55 sets)
Double Lenti - $64 (77)
Single Side Lenti - $62 (20)
Full Slip - $62 (10)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great! But is it just the photos or are the steel kinda dark in the colors. Would look better with brighter ones.

I think this has been a problem for a long time which only few seem to be bothered or concerned. Scanavo are clearly cutting corners. I am not sure what's stopping them in making the Steelbook artwork colours bright.

This is so much better than the WWA artwork.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry and dLux
It looks fantastic, Blufans is on a role with these Disney releases. The only thing that puts me off is the cost. It would be so awesome if Zavvi was releasing Steelbooks like this instead of the rubbish WWA releases because this would slot perfectly into the Disney Collection.

It looks fantastic, Blufans is on a role with these Disney releases. The only thing that puts me off is the cost. It would be so awesome if Zavvi was releasing Steelbooks like this instead of the rubbish WWA releases because this would slot perfectly into the Disney Collection.

If standard retailers produce the best then premium retailers won't make any money!

Reactions: lgans316
was only pointing out that boring WWA steels are still a money maker for premium retailers

The way I see it, premium steels can now be split into two different categories, slips and goodies or WEA. You like the steel, and others such as @Covcraig prefer the slips instead. Metal or Cardboard, which is more important? There's your answer.

I normally go for WEA but the Full Slip on the Kimchi Zoop is gorgeous and I went for that. I don't think Blufans will make a better slip but it does have the WEA. I would say most times I go for WEA but good to have a mix sometimes. Get out of your comfort Zone Stiffy!

I wouldn't necessarily say I prefer cardboard over metal, if I'm buying a premium package then I appreciate a really good overall package. Sometimes you get a crap steel and gorgeous slip or sometimes you get a gorgeous steel and a crap slip.
Mantas BVS fullslip release was a prime example of this with the steel being abit meh. Blufans recent Age of Ultron lenticular release is an example of a really nice steel and a really nice slip so is a win win.

I'm a steelbook collector first and foremost but i do appreciate the nice slips and lenticulars. Especially from novamedia, they're my favourite. I think blufans can be hit and miss and don't feel as premium but they're getting better. And kimchi are the same but have put out some stellar releases more recently.

I just wish these companies wouldn't flush the market with multiple releases of the same titles, would be cool if novamedia and blufans did marvel, manta did dc and kimchi do the more niche films like fifth element and it follows.

Surely it must be possible for Zavvi to just import a 100 or 200 of these to sell them on their site for Blufans

That's what Zavvi or some other site like Amazon COUGH COUGH should do. If they did Zavvi would slowly die