Jul 20, 2012
Toronto, ON
Release date: December 2nd, 2014
Purchase link: FutureShop.ca
Price: $24.99
Group Buy: Drum18 or Biscuitnoir

World Exclusive Art: Yes
Units: 4,000
Finish: Gloss with extra love to white layers!
Notes: Region A (locked), Clear plastic slip cover included.

Official HDN Showcase Video:thumbs:

DriveMondoSteelBook-Blu-ray2.jpgDriveMondoSteelBook-Blu-ray4.jpgDriveMondoSteelBook-Blu-ray5.jpg
DriveMondoSteelBook-Blu-ray1.jpgDriveMondoSteelBook-Blu-ray3.jpg

Hi Def Ninja Announcement:
https://www.hidefninja.com/2014/10/...-steelbook-announced-as-futureshop-exclusive/

Mondo Blog Announcement:
http://blog.mondotees.com/2014/10/06/drive-blu-raydvd-steelbook-combo-pack/

Original 'Possible Drive Steelbook' hidefninja.com thread (March 2014)

Check out the Future Shop SteelBook page!

Last edited by a moderator:
This steel is stunning out of it's packaging. Tried to get a couple of photos for those of you leaving yours in the wrap to convey the true vibrancy and detail. I really like that some of the windows in the buildings are pink and glossy too, feels like thought has really gone into the smallest of details.

Thanks again to Drum for the GB!

image1.JPG image2.JPG image4.JPG drive-inside.JPG

Hot digity damn!!!!
Wow!!!! Just WOW!!! This video is a TRUE MASTERPIECE of showcasing!!! Of course the imagery is superb (tx to the steel), the transitions are flawless, but the MUSIC!!! What a great feeling!

Now, I need to re-watch the movie!!!

This.

Great quality steelbook with nice art and design and the discs look nice to in Black and pink but still eagerly awaiting for my Drive Nova editions as they will sit perfectly well next to this on my shelf cant wait for their arrivals... [emoji41]

Got this in today and have to say, I'm a bit disappointed. There are so many scuffs and imperfections on both sides including a paint chip here and there, but especially visible on the back. Asian retailers already learned that putting a bare steelbook in a plastic slipcase and shipping it that way will cause damage. Futureshop obviously hasn't. $50 for a steel in that condition is tough to swallow.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: lolwut
Yeah, there were a lot of imperfections for mine too. I am glad I order two copies, I took the back off one and put it on the front of the other copy lol. One copy has a misaligned spine as well. Overall, I'm just glad I opted for two copies. I just hope boyhood and looper arrive in better shape (only one of each for me this time).

Glossy steel (especially black) + a clear slip is a definite no no, I'm pretty sure everyone's copies have some little scuffs from the slip. The clear slip for mondo release is a great idea, just gloss is so easily scuffed.

Great video btw :)