May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: January 6th, 2015
Purchase Link: Future Shop.ca
Price: $29.99
Group Buy: Drum18 or Biscuitnoir

Some of the features of the standard Blu-ray SteelBook:
•Mondo X SteelBook series #002
•A rearrangement of Tomer Hanuka's beautifully illustrated artwork on the outside, inside, discs, and digital insert
•The artwork is lovingly finished with detailed gloss and satin varnishes
•Featuring a gorgeous white layer which will instantly engage you with main character, Mason’s eyes
•Each piece has been personally designed by Mondo from the front cover to the discs
•Packaged in a translucent sleeve

m2215361.jpg

m2215361_1.jpgm2215361_2.jpgm2215361_3.jpg
m2215361_4.jpgm2215361_5.jpgm2215361_6.jpg

Hi-Def Ninja Exclusive video:

Synopsis:
Filmed over 12 years with the same cast, Richard Linklater's Boyhood is a groundbreaking story of growing up as seen through the eyes of a child named Mason (Ellar Coltrane), who literally grows up on screen before our eyes. Starring Ethan Hawke and Patricia Arquette as Mason's parents and newcomer Lorelei Linklater as his sister Samantha, Boyhood charts the rocky terrain of childhood like no other film has before and is both a nostalgic time capsule of the recent past and an ode to growing up and parenting. [IFC Films]

Metacritic Score: 100 based on 40 critics
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1065073/criticreviews?ref_=tt_ov_rt
m2215361_7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RekLess and rj531
Two editions huh, not a big change but... Are they really trying to make me buy both two, I mean one has a numbered slip and the other fits well with Drive & probably other releases too.

Ah, I couldn't even finish my post and I noticed that the GB is open, so I just had to go for them both. Goddammit Marc! :D

Reactions: Drum18
I just went for this regular edition.
I know the collector in me is going to regret this decision later on.... but with Christmas coming up, gotta save a little where i can.

Just curious... the Digital Copy... is it ONLY Google Play? :cautious:

m2215361_1.jpg

Amazing what a simple colour change can do... I like this one a lot more than the variant version.

Reactions: augustus
Amazing what a simple colour change can do... I like this one a lot more than the variant version.

Not only that but the style of the slip cover for the Standard version matches that of the "Drive" Mondo release. That of the Variant version is different and clashes with that of its predecessor.

Haven't made up my mind whether to get this yet but I would certainly anticipate keeping any Mondo Steelbooks together, as a collection within a collection. On that basis, getting the Standard version is a no-brainer. With the added bonus that it is cheaper than the Variant version, I can forego the individual numbering of the Variant release.

Reactions: Noodles
Not only that but the style of the slip cover for the Standard version matches that of the "Drive" Mondo release. That of the Variant version is different and clashes with that of its predecessor.

Haven't made up my mind whether to get this yet but I would certainly anticipate keeping any Mondo Steelbooks together, as a collection within a collection. On that basis, getting the Standard version is a no-brainer. With the added bonus that it is cheaper than the Variant version, I can forego the individual numbering of the Variant release.
Good point! If I do decide to get this, then like yourself, I'd also definitely want the slip to match... and any future Mondo slips too, of course. They'd look great all lined up on a shelf. :D

Reactions: augustus
I just went for this regular edition.
I know the collector in me is going to regret this decision later on.... but with Christmas coming up, gotta save a little where i can.

Just curious... the Digital Copy... is it ONLY Google Play? :cautious:

m2215361_1.jpg
Good observation. If this was an eOne release, it would definitely have an iTunes digital copy. I don't think I have ever seen a Mongrel Media blu-ray with a digital copy, so I can't say for certain. It is possible and it is just not advertised. Best way to know 100% is to shoot them an email.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a Google digital copy or possibly ultraviolet. From what I have heard, many studios have pushed away from offering iTunes digital copy because of the aggressive cut Apple asks for.

Reactions: kaw
Lame. The variant edition alone would have been great, it has everything a Steelbook collector wants (unique artwork, small print run, numbered copies, a booklet and a slipcover). As usual something potentially great is ruined by poor decision making.