#010 Ex Machina (Mondo x SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [Canada]

Aug 9, 2011
Glasgow, Scotland
Release date: July 14, 2015
Purchase link: Ex Machina Mondo
Price: $24.99
Group buy: Drum18 or Biscuitnoir
Notes: Region A locked

EX MACHINA Mondo Blu-ray SteelBook announced | Hi-Def Ninja - Blu-ray SteelBooks - Pop Culture - Movie News

Ex-Machina-Beauty-Shot.png

Ex-Machina-main-w-sleeve.pngEx-Machina-main.pngExMachina-Tilted.pngEx-Machjna-Insidewithinsert.pngEx-Machina-inside.pngEx-Machina_BACK-with-SLEEVE.pngEx-Machina-Back.png

"That image is just the slipcase - looking forward to showing the actual steel book... New art and the finish is unbelievable #ExMachina"

Last edited by a moderator:
Ex Machina makes sense given it's an indie movie that did well and it's being released by Mongrel whom Mondo/Future Shop/Best Buy has worked with in the past.

On the other hand, that is July which is the exact opposite of not July! So I'm holding out hope for Mad Max: Fury Road

Most probably it will be Ex-Machina which will be released around July 14 and given that Mad Max Fury Road doesn't have any release date yet.

The aim is to be very limited...we (Best Buy Canada) started on the road of about 10-12 a year - Target did three on their own so it seems like a lot in the first half year but they will be more sparse in coming months - I am working on some pretty sweet titles but there is a lot that goes into them: what studios and distributors have what rights to the films (often different between US and Canada), if there is Mondo art existing or if it needs to be made new, if the studio is willing to do the title (or the directors - which seems to be a bigger challenge!) and of course the most important...do YOU want it in your collection. I can let you know we have one more title to announce this month and next one won't announce until late summer :)

maybe a little nugget we overlooked?
if it's a new blu ray release it might be a simultaneous new print drop too