#017 The Avengers (Variant) (Blu-ray Mondo X SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive) [China]

Dec 16, 2011
Shanghai
Release date: August 31st,2016
Purchase link: Blufans
Price: $42.99
Group buy: hosted by Wreck
Note: Variant Sleeve - Full Gloss

123055cr0rdggdtdgg1tlt.jpg
123101cayfabl5p2pcyzvb.jpg

11532852n992driqc0z2oi.jpg

115324beu5ezexc6zgkzfn.jpg

115322efoocroqehx5cex2.jpg

115319bbuhuh2hhzyu1bza.jpg

115318s4qhp02x47oo4yo7.jpg

1200088e3nzwyc4e78yex8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Ninjas!!

I was actually hoping for some help here- I have one of these that I’m going to place in my *For Sale* thread in the marketplace but I was curious for some help with appraisal? My copy is signed by Stan Lee and I just didn’t know where to start with this one and where it should land, so if anyone has any suggestions before I do post it, please let me know. :)
C1E23EB9-6328-48C0-B295-726EA3A9E629.jpeg
20A2FB9A-75AE-447E-9A14-B7D55E06F061.jpeg

Hey Ninjas!!

I was actually hoping for some help here- I have one of these that I’m going to place in my *For Sale* thread in the marketplace but I was curious for some help with appraisal? My copy is signed by Stan Lee and I just didn’t know where to start with this one and where it should land, so if anyone has any suggestions before I do post it, please let me know. :)
View attachment 510757View attachment 510758
Hi, from what I’ve seen the Steelbook alone has been selling around $90-$110. Stan Lee signed a lot but from what I’ve found his later signings cost around $150-$200. This Steelbook attracts both comic fans and fans of the MCU so you are looking at a broader market especially with the end of the Infinity Saga and passing of Stan Lee. I would consider listing it in the $550-$850 range. This is just my assessment and welcome other feedback.

i‘d guess that an auction would end probably somewhere between 200-300€ (250$-350$). why?

- while the signature is not out of place, it would be more fitting on a comic book as stan lee is not *really* directly connected to the movie.. sure he created the universe and was executive producer, but id rather expect actors or the director on the steelbook

- imo the signature would be cooler on the front of the steelbook

but its supercool and unique and you shouldnt sell it at all haha... for a bin listing, id think 500$ is the maximum, but no reason not to aim higher... if someone wants exactly that, he probably wont find a second one ;)

Reactions: FN-2187
Hi, from what I’ve seen the Steelbook alone has been selling around $90-$110. Stan Lee signed a lot but from what I’ve found his later signings cost around $150-$200. This Steelbook attracts both comic fans and fans of the MCU so you are looking at a broader market especially with the end of the Infinity Saga and passing of Stan Lee. I would consider listing it in the $550-$850 range. This is just my assessment and welcome other feedback.

i‘d guess that an auction would end probably somewhere between 200-300€ (250$-350$). why?

- while the signature is not out of place, it would be more fitting on a comic book as stan lee is not *really* directly connected to the movie.. sure he created the universe and was executive producer, but id rather expect actors or the director on the steelbook

- imo the signature would be cooler on the front of the steelbook

but its supercool and unique and you shouldnt sell it at all haha... for a bin listing, id think 500$ is the maximum, but no reason not to aim higher... if someone wants exactly that, he probably wont find a second one ;)

Thank you both for your input! I’ll put it up for $275 and see if anyone is interested!

Also, @hatredhorror I did used to get signatures on the front of Steelbooks but I got tired of mattecoating them with spray paint to preserve the finish so instead I have them signed on the inside steel plate and I just pop the plastic cover back over it to protect it. :)
I think this one goes quite well with the gold and the monochromatic backdrop.

Reactions: hatredhorror
Thank you both for your input! I’ll put it up for $275 and see if anyone is interested!

Also, @hatredhorror I did used to get signatures on the front of Steelbooks but I got tired of mattecoating them with spray paint to preserve the finish so instead I have them signed on the inside steel plate and I just pop the plastic cover back over it to protect it. :)
I think this one goes quite well with the gold and the monochromatic backdrop.
nah, aim higher than 275 for sure... for that price id probably consider it lol

what i meant with that auction part is that probably not many people are actively searching for something like this, therefore an auction wouldnt be a very good idea.. but give it enough time and youd probably find someone appreciating it enough to justify 500+$

if it turns out to be totally wrong, you can still lower the price

btw. did you sell that neon demon for the full 250$? nice price for a nice edition

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: apsmith21
nah, aim higher than 275 for sure... for that price id probably consider it lol

what i meant with that auction part is that probably not many people are actively searching for something like this, therefore an auction wouldnt be a very good idea.. but give it enough time and youd probably find someone appreciating it enough to justify 500+$

if it turns out to be totally wrong, you can still lower the price

btw. did you sell that neon demon for the full 250$? nice price for a nice edition
I did, actually!

And okay! I suppose I’ll consider $300. I already think that that’s a lot and I’d rather just sell the copy than hang on to it for some time holding out for an even higher price.

But thank you again!

Reactions: hatredhorror